JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I will probably just go with a gen 5 g19 MOS thst way if I end up not liking it I'll be able to get most of my money out of it, unlike if I chop one up.
There are cover plates if you want to take the optic off.
Or you could source an additional slide for your optic and leave your original intact.

faf58f7d3b78ca60e59fefe691cc55d4.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Look at other optics, I run Romeo 1 on Sig226 RX, Romeo 1 Sig Legion 229, Glock 34 with 3MOA RMR, Sig MPX with Romeo 1, FN SLP with Leupold Deltapoint 7.5 MOA, Sig MPX with a Romeo 1 on tall mount, Kimber Super Jagaer with Vortex. They all work, i like the larger window of the Deltapoint but have really come around to like the Sig Optics.

Pistols, so many options that are optics ready or Optics installed.
Glock MOS units
FN 509 Tactical
FNX-9, FNX 45
Walther Q4 or Q 4 tactical
The Sig P320RX, X5 or M17
Sig 226RX or 229RX, enhanced elite or Legion series
S&W M&P Core
Kimber KHX-OI or KHX-OR, Super Jagaer,

I love the Kimbers with optics, as well as the 226 and 229 (prefer all metal guns). The 320 VTac I milled for a 6.o Romeo 1, its probably my favorite poly/optic installed pistol. Really anxious for the Zev OZ-9 to ship in a couple weeks, that will be a real nice pistol, played around with one last week.

Springer Precision in Redmond does slide milling as well. They do exceptional work, quickly and at a good price. They did my 320 Vtac for me.

Take the time to adapt to finding your sight picture, and it will make you faster and more accurate. It take time to learn to be fast with them, but then...its hard to go back.

Last Edited:
I have a milled Glock 19 with a Trijicon RMR and suppressor height sights. I had a hard time acquiring the red dot until I figured out to just use the iron sights like I always have. Then the red dot just pops right up. It's just as fast for me, maybe faster, I really like it.

Nope, not an MOS. The extra plate makes the RMR too high for co-witness with even regular suppressor sights. I think you should look into getting your slide milled. I had GREAT results from OneSourceTactical. I got a 27Gen4 and a 32Gen4 milled, both for RMR's, and had them put on fiber optic suppressor sights that they make.

Look at other optics, I run Romeo 1 on Sig226 RX, Romeo 1 Sig Legion 229, Glock 34 with 3MOA RMR, Sig MPX with Romeo 1, FN SLP with Leupold Deltapoint 7.5 MOA, Sig MPX with a Romeo 1 on tall mount, Kimber Super Jagaer with Vortex. They all work, i like the larger window of the Deltapoint but have really come around to like the Sig Optics.

Pistols, so many options that are optics ready or Optics installed.
Glock MOS units
FN 509 Tactical
FNX-9, FNX 45
Walther Q4 or Q 4 tactical
The Sig P320RX, X5 or M17
Sig 226RX or 229RX, enhanced elite or Legion series
S&W M&P Core
Kimber KHX-OI or KHX-OR, Super Jagaer,

I love the Kimbers with optics, as well as the 226 and 229 (prefer all metal guns). The 320 VTac I milled for a 6.o Romeo 1, its probably my favorite poly/optic installed pistol. Really anxious for the Zev OZ-9 to ship in a couple weeks, that will be a real nice pistol, played around with one last week.

Springer Precision in Redmond does slide milling as well. They do exceptional work, quickly and at a good price. They did my 320 Vtac for me.

Take the time to adapt to finding your sight picture, and it will make you faster and more accurate. It take time to learn to be fast with them, but then...its hard to go back.

I really like the Sig optics as well, I have 2 romeo4s and they are both fantastic.

Since the whole P320 package is cheaper overall I may just go with that, then I get the whole deal with a milled slide and high sights for just a little more than a glock with a milled slide and no optic. At least that would be a nice way to try this out.

A P229RX would be very nice, I already have a standard P226. It's just more than I want to spend on what is basically an experiment, I have never even fired a handgun with a red dot on it before.

Do you carry the guns with the Romeo1? I have read about some battery life issues when the guns are carried, since the motac system leaves it on all the time.

One of my favorite carry pistols and one I feel is the best of the single stack 9mm has always been the Walther PPS. The latest model, which I just got a month ago, is the Walther PPS M2 RMSc. It comes from the factory with a Shield (British manufacturer) RMSc red dot on the slide. It also has the unique milled in feature that allows the iron sights to be cowitnessed through the red dot if it malfunctions. The RMSc sight itself is the narrowest one made that allows it to sit on the narrow PPS slide perfectly. It also has a battery life of 2-3 years, so the red dot is always on. You just have to remember to log a date a year or two down the road to change the battery. It's an awesome concealed carry pistol that shoots like a full sized gun, and even more so with the RMSc on board. I haven't taken any pictures of mine, but here's the link to a Recoil magazine review. New Walther PPS M2 RMSc | Single Stack 9mm That Won't Break The Bank | RECOIL

Do you carry the guns with the Romeo1? I have read about some battery life issues when the guns are carried, since the motac system leaves it on all the time.

I carry the p229 Legion RX 5 days a week, and yes...in EDC...i do run through batteries. About $1 a month in battery cost. The 226RX is the same...cost of playing the game. I carry the Super Jagaer every Friday (10mm long slides are carried every Friday in store), it battery is still solid after 9 months of carry and use (hunting sidearm).

I carry the p229 Legion RX 5 days a week, and yes...in EDC...i do run through batteries. About $1 a month in battery cost. The 226RX is the same...cost of playing the game. I carry the Super Jagaer every Friday (10mm long slides are carried every Friday in store), it battery is still solid after 9 months of carry and use (hunting sidearm).

That's not too bad I guess, would just have to remember to change it, although I would probably not use it for EDC anyway. Thanks!

I have owned many optics-ready pistols. Currently I own 3 Glock MOS models and a Canik TP9SFx.
If you haven't shot one, the Canik TP9SFx is a better shooter than any Glock, straight out of the box. I have a lot of money invested into getting the Glocks to run the way I want, but the Canik literally needed nothing.

I run a rotation of about 4 guns for EDC, but the most commonly carried is a G19 with a Trijicon RMR,
20181006-120855cw16.jpg

Alternatively, the FNX 45 Tactical or FN509 are good guns. I owned an FNX45 for a while with a Burris FastFire 3 on it, and I liked it, but I decided to simplify things and retain less different magazine platforms.
I would never own a 320. Far too many stories of problems with them.

For optics, I love the Vortex Venom for the wide field of view and battery accessibility but they do run through batteries if left on 24hrs a day. I change them probably every 2 months. The Trijicon RMR RM01 is the least reliable because the battery is under the light. People run sealing plates to help with it flickering on and off. The Holosun HS507c are likely going to be my favorite optics once they are available in the market; 5+ year battery life, good adjustment, solar power, circle and dot or just dot, with the RMR mounting pattern. Really cool.

If you want to try out an optic on a non-optic-ready handgun you may be able to find a mount that replaces the dovetail sight with an optic mount. It may not be the best way to go about it if for no other reason than the sight will sit higher on the slide than it does on an optic-ready slide, but it might be an inexpensive way to see how much you like it before buying a new gun or slide.

I put one on my CZ75B SA and love it. Just finished one on my G21 which is working out well for me so far. I'm more of a rifle shooter than handgun, I think if it were the other way around I'd probably spring for optic-ready handguns, for now though, these fit the bill nicely.

g21.jpg

I think I have settled on a P320RX, it's only 150 more than a G19mos and it comes with an optic and high sights already. It seems like the best way to try the system out, plus I like sigs optics, I've had good luck with them recently.

Pretty cool! Thank you for sharing
No, not cool at all. It is, like 2" above the slide. I know it is hard to jump into the optics game, but you really truly want it as low as possible. The highest I would ever go is either a more temporary-type rear sight dovetail mount OR having LoneWolf drill mounting screws holes and simply screw the optic right into the slide.

But the best is still milling a slide. Even MOS is too high, in my opinion.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top