JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I seriously considered a Shield in .45. Love the .45acp round. However I could not square in my mind already owning a Shield in 9 that I shoot very well and another Shield in a larger caliber. Ended up going with a CZ 75Dpcr. Its a shooter too and remarkably comfortable to carry being a full metal firearm. I think it all boils down to what you want and what you are willing to afford. In the right hands both Shields are wonderful carry pieces. Right now I am comforted by 14+1 124gr jhp goodness on my hip. Other opinions may vary. :)

Late to the party again! I do own a Shield in 45, but it has the Safety (the safety is easy to use compared to some) It shoots accurately. while not unpleasant, I think my XDS 45 is softer. The biggie for the Shield, to me is the extra round in the flush magazine, easy to carry AIWB. I can't pocket carry the Shield like I can the XDS

Oh and the Shield is definitely better looking than a XDS.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top