JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I also have a S&W 642. Mine made the trip back to Cylinder & Slide for "the works". It lives in my front pants pocket in an Uncle Mike's pocket liner. A smooth revolver that conceals perfectly; it's my 'grab and go' CCW or choice when I'm not carrying one of the Glocks in an IWB rig. With five rounds of Speer Lawman +P, it feels like enough gun. I like it a lot.

Taurus 605 to which I AIWB carry.
So comfy, at times I forget its there and do a "pat down" just to make sure I havent forgot it.

It is a little heavy, I only notice awkwardness in carrying it if Im wearing my gym sweats or board shorts. It tends to sag the pants down a bit.. And it looks like ai have a tumor in my groin area seeings how I AIWB carry :D

While practicing my draw, Ive never snagged the hammer of the 605 on my clothes.. Which I too thought would be an issue, but so far it hasnt.

S & Wesson 340pd (12oz.) with crimson trace laser grips and an Action job from Rich's gun shop! OWB Pancake holster from Simply Rugged or a pocket holster. Oh I use 38+p......its too lite for 357's. I also like the Ruger LCR.

I used to carry a DAO 3" stainless Charter .44. I really liked that gun. I shot it loose with some monster reloads.. lol. 320gr SWC's and an insane amount of Red Dot.. it took a while though!

Taurus 605 to which I AIWB carry.
So comfy, at times I forget its there and do a "pat down" just to make sure I havent forgot it.

It is a little heavy, I only notice awkwardness in carrying it if Im wearing my gym sweats or board shorts. It tends to sag the pants down a bit.. And it looks like ai have a tumor in my groin area seeings how I AIWB carry :D

While practicing my draw, Ive never snagged the hammer of the 605 on my clothes.. Which I too thought would be an issue, but so far it hasnt.

Great gun and I like mine but I no longer shoot the crap out of it. I was spitting lead backwards out of the cylinder when I fired and did not know it....My brother knew it when a piece embedded into his forehead.
I shot it for years on a regular basis with full .357 loads and never had an issue until then. Great shooting smaller gun.

Pretty freaky stuff but he was fine. Just bloody and whiny. Taurus took care of it. A few beers took care of the brother.

I like my J frame and SP101. but the LCR 357 is the best value IMO. Handles recoil really well, and you can easily swap out the front sight for an XS Big Dot or something else. Costs a fortune to have that option with a Smith...

I like my J frame and SP101. but the LCR 357 is the best value IMO. Handles recoil really well, and you can easily swap out the front sight for an XS Big Dot or something else. Costs a fortune to have that option with a Smith...

I was thinking of adding a tritium site to the LCR but the crimson trace is pretty useful for the little fella. I agree that it handles shooting better than most pocket guns with that kind of power. I know I feel plenty protected with 5 .357 rounds in my pocket.

Even though it handles "well" it is not an easy gun for a quick second shot. I have shot the crap out of mine and gotten decent but at first it was a little rough getting used to all that power in such a light gun. Rapid fire will let you know you are shooting a magnum round.

My sp101 is fun and comfy to shoot no matter the round. That steel makes a big difference. Taurus 605 is just fun as well. No pain involved in either one.

SwissMiniGun C1ST is going to be extremely concealable.

Had to look that up but it is pretty neat. I would like to see what kind of power those rounds have. I like my little NAA with .22 mag for the days I have to pocket carry with slacks. I just suggest getting the NAA with both lr and mag cylinders because mag is hard to find.

Had to look that up but it is pretty neat. I would like to see what kind of power those rounds have. I like my little NAA with .22 mag for the days I have to pocket carry with slacks. I just suggest getting the NAA with both lr and mag cylinders because mag is hard to find.

I am joking of course but I've seen 2mm pinfire go through a tin can. I bet it would do just about as good as a BB. But at $5 a round

I know I feel plenty protected with 5 .357 rounds in my pocket.

Even though it handles "well" it is not an easy gun for a quick second shot.

Revolver trainers like Grant Cunningham advocate for 38+P, even in 357 magnum guns. They say rapid controllable follow-up trumps .357 magnum power.

I just acquired a S&W 360PD .357 Magnum and it's incredibly light.
Built with a titanium cylinder and Scandium frame, it doesn't seem possible that it can handle the pressure'
It feels like the five rounds of ammo weigh more then the pistol.
Very manageable with .38 special, but when you shoot a magnum round, it sure feels like the shell is exploding in your hand.
It's a great piece if you're concerned about weight.

I favor the S&W 342PD which is very light weight but out of the box has a good deal of recoiling. I put Crimsontrace laser grips on it and now it's manageable in regards to recoil.

Ruger LCR 38sp +p. So light and ergonomic that even my wife will carry it. I carry it in a Blackhawk size 4 pocket holster when using it as a BUG.

Same setup I use except I have the LCR in the .357 magnum version, with XS Big Dot front sight and Blackhawk size 4 pocket holster. This works well for me too.

I would suggest to the OP to go to your local gun shop and handle the S&W's and the LCR. Some like one over the other, some like both. The S&W's will have more grip options available over the LCR.

Mike

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads