JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Police-3.jpg These pictures are off of the WEB so I don't know how many may have been Photo Shopped.

Last Edited:
Police Protection.jpg

I didn't teach her that, " Artillery Hold." She must have learned it from an, "Air Gunner".
They should have at least taught her how to insert a magazine. :rolleyes:
She looks good though. :s0093:

Last Edited:
Police have it the worst. No required job related education, short training, EXTREMELY HIGH EXPECTATIONS. Gosh officer, why don't you know the 4 billion laws on the subject, you started last week.

They are still human. Humans are dumb.

A badge doesn't change the humanity of these pictures. I've seen far worse by those without a badge. Only difference is we expect the cop to know what they are doing.

The truly scary aspect of these pictures, is that the ones with the backwards stuff are likely real. That means they likely received very little firearms training. Then they are expected by their employer to perform tasks with that firearm.

Just don't bring up police reform and such, you know, because the enforcement part of our legal system is NOT broken.

People have this stupid idea that everyone in uniform is SWAT or SOCOM and can make miracle shots under pressure. A large number of people who sign up to serve are not gunfighters and have their own reasons for serving. But in the ignorant public mind only an organization with the vast resources of the government can adequately train someone to use something as dangerous and complicated as a Glock 19.

Don't forget* DEA agents.

"I'm the only one in this room, professional enough that I know of, to carry this Glock forty." BAM!!

or backflipping FBI agents...

ETA:
* "forget" not "forge" don't need to forge anymore of these morons.

Last Edited:
Police have it the worst. No required job related education, short training, EXTREMELY HIGH EXPECTATIONS. Gosh officer, why don't you know the 4 billion laws on the subject, you started last week.

They are still human. Humans are dumb.

A badge doesn't change the humanity of these pictures. I've seen far worse by those without a badge. Only difference is we expect the cop to know what they are doing.

The truly scary aspect of these pictures, is that the ones with the backwards stuff are likely real. That means they likely received very little firearms training. Then they are expected by their employer to perform tasks with that firearm.
That is true in a whole lot of places, but at least in Oregon it is not. Oregon LEO training is performed by the state. It is a 12 week academy, and quite comprehensive. One of the things that falls out of that is that any currently employed officer is licensed by the state and has statewide jurisdiction.

Just don't bring up police reform and such, you know, because the enforcement part of our legal system is NOT broken.
I'm going to disagree pretty strongly. Cameras have uncovered so much. It's not so much the misconduct, it's the reaction to the misconduct. There are multiple examples every single week caught on video of cops doing stupid and unlawful stuff. I know it is only a few of the officers that do that, and with just under 1 million LEO in the US, there will be ones doing dumb and illegal stuff. I get that part. The part I think is incredibly broken is the fact that it is so rare for another officer to step in when the idiots do their idiotic things that harm others.

I know officers. I've heard the stories about how they treat those that address misconduct in departments. I know officers that were hounded out for turning in criminal conduct. It is only 5% or so that are a "problem" but only 10% of the officers will do something to stop that 5%. The rest just stand by while it goes down, and then later will vilify and hound the good guys that actually do something good. Until this gang like mentality ends, we have a problem.

It is best for all of us if the LEO community fixes itself. We NEED law enforcement. For the Northwest, you need to look no further than Portland and Seattle to see what a lack of law enforcement brings. One side of the political divide wants to de-fund and handicap the police. The endless stream of misconduct, and particularly the endless stream of "we investigated ourselves and found nothing wrong" gives the de-fund community ammunition. What's worse, when reforms are pushed, WAY too many officers start the "smile and wave" policing. I'm not for de-funding the police, but if they start to not do their job, why would I want them paid? Yes, I expect them to do their job, and I expect them to uphold the laws, including against their coworkers.

That is true in a whole lot of places, but at least in Oregon it is not. Oregon LEO training is performed by the state. It is a 12 week academy, and quite comprehensive. One of the things that falls out of that is that any currently employed officer is licensed by the state and has statewide jurisdiction.

I'm going to disagree pretty strongly. Cameras have uncovered so much. It's not so much the misconduct, it's the reaction to the misconduct. There are multiple examples every single week caught on video of cops doing stupid and unlawful stuff. I know it is only a few of the officers that do that, and with just under 1 million LEO in the US, there will be ones doing dumb and illegal stuff. I get that part. The part I think is incredibly broken is the fact that it is so rare for another officer to step in when the idiots do their idiotic things that harm others.

I know officers. I've heard the stories about how they treat those that address misconduct in departments. I know officers that were hounded out for turning in criminal conduct. It is only 5% or so that are a "problem" but only 10% of the officers will do something to stop that 5%. The rest just stand by while it goes down, and then later will vilify and hound the good guys that actually do something good. Until this gang like mentality ends, we have a problem.

It is best for all of us if the LEO community fixes itself. We NEED law enforcement. For the Northwest, you need to look no further than Portland and Seattle to see what a lack of law enforcement brings. One side of the political divide wants to de-fund and handicap the police. The endless stream of misconduct, and particularly the endless stream of "we investigated ourselves and found nothing wrong" gives the de-fund community ammunition. What's worse, when reforms are pushed, WAY too many officers start the "smile and wave" policing. I'm not for de-funding the police, but if they start to not do their job, why would I want them paid? Yes, I expect them to do their job, and I expect them to uphold the laws, including against their coworkers.

I'll bet the beer money Reno was joking.

I believe it is actually 16 weeks now...and that is still less time that it takes to get a cosmetology license in many states. Cali was 16 weeks...38 years ago (26 in most places now). After 16 weeks you still know very little about how policing really works. You haven't been in a real fight with a sweaty tweaker, you haven't pointed a real gun at someone that you may, but likely will not need to shoot, you haven't been to court or had the wife of the guy you are arresting for beating her jump on your back so you don't take him to jail. This is where it gets real.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top