JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am now officially a cauliflower farmer. $38 per head at the grocery store. I'm going to buy some seeds, grow some and undercut their cost at $34 each. Then buy a vinyl wrapped lambo with a picture of cauliflower on the hood. Cauliflower futures will be traded along with frozen concentrated orange juice and I'll corner the market. Cauliflower tycoon here I come.

*not investment advice.

I was in Bimart a couple days ago, glanced in the handgun case. I had a thought; if inflation is really 20%+ per year like some say, then guns aren't as expensive as we think. The most common, inexpensive guns have gone up maybe around 10% total in the last couple years?

I know some things have really gone up in the last couple years, but I can't buy into the idea that it's 20% on average. We live on a tight budget, and we are feeling it, but we'd be feeling it a lot worse if that was the case. I don't instinctively trust government numbers, but my personal experience, raising a family and paying bills, feels more like the government numbers might be pretty close. That's just me though.

It's been disconcerting buying parts at work lately. I ordered an industrial electronic component last week. I looked up my last invoice a year and a half ago to get the part number. They were $630 each then. The price today is $800. Out of curiosity I looked through the file and found an invoice from 2014: they were $425 then. I sure wish my wages had doubled in that same time period.

I am now officially a cauliflower farmer. $38 per head at the grocery store. I'm going to buy some seeds, grow some and undercut their cost at $34 each. Then buy a vinyl wrapped lambo with a picture of cauliflower on the hood. Cauliflower futures will be traded along with frozen concentrated orange juice and I'll corner the market. Cauliflower tycoon here I come.

*not investment advice.
Buy starts instead. And if you have cabbage moths over there, 1686236058281.png

you'll have to figure out a way to keep those little bastids away from the plants. And aphids! Oh, aphids will turm cole crops to disgusting sticky mildewed messes in no time!

Government isn't going to tell you the true inflation numbers if it makes them look bad.

I was loading some 45 colt and looked at the brick of lpp I was using and the bimart price was $19.81. Today those are $90 to $120 but the higher price wouldn't be counted because it's not a needed item.

Point being they measure inflation by what they say you have to have so high prices on everything else isn't counted.

Government isn't going to tell you the true inflation numbers if it makes them look bad.

I was loading some 45 colt and looked at the brick of lpp I was using and the bimart price was $19.81. Today those are $90 to $120 but the higher price wouldn't be counted because it's not a needed item.

Point being they measure inflation by what they say you have to have so high prices on everything else isn't counted.
Pabst and Rainier 30 packs are still $19.95. No inflation there!

Well no they're not, but that centipede isn't eating cole crops I imagine? Gawd, Wifey would crap herself if she saw one of those in the house.
Summer year-round makes for some interesting wildlife!
Those are one of the few creatures that really freak me out. We had some version of them when I lived in AZ that were VERY nasty. Fortunately they did seem rare. Only ever saw a handful of them all the decades I was there.

8 more days and it will be 2 months since I used my credit card. Feeling good about not buying things even though there are a bunch of sale items I would like to buy.

Have my common monthly bills down to $450 now but my yearly bills like taxes and insurance eats a big hole in my savings. Looks like I have dropped out of the economy :confused:

8 more days and it will be 2 months since I used my credit card. Feeling good about not buying things even though there are a bunch of sale items I would like to buy.

Have my common monthly bills down to $450 now but my yearly bills like taxes and insurance eats a big hole in my savings. Looks like I have dropped out of the economy :confused:
As this keeps getting worse a LOT more people will be doing the same. What follows is loss of jobs, which will be followed by those that made this mess printing money. Throw more free money at people to get them to shop and buy votes. Of course anyone with a brain knows where this goes but, hey its great fun for a while.

As this keeps getting worse a LOT more people will be doing the same. What follows is loss of jobs, which will be followed by those that made this mess printing money. Throw more free money at people to get them to shop and buy votes. Of course anyone with a brain knows where this goes but, hey its great fun for a while.
Glad I don't owe any money, hate to have creditors coming after my stuff. Biggest problem I have now is my dogs vet bill.

Well no they're not, but that centipede isn't eating cole crops I imagine? Gawd, Wifey would crap herself if she saw one of those in the house.
Summer year-round makes for some interesting wildlife!
Those are one of the few creatures that really freak me out. We had some version of them when I lived in AZ that were VERY nasty. Fortunately they did seem rare. Only ever saw a handful of them all the decades I was there.

This one is a small one. I had one about twice that long and thick in the yard. I had to hit it with a log about 10 times just to stun it. If you cut their heads off they can still bite with the decapitated head for a good 24 hours.

To send a message to the other bugs, I now catch these with adjustable pliers and put something like a 5 gallon gas can on the back half of their body leaving the front half squirming for the chickens and pheasants to come murder them slowly.

Just to inspire some nightmares, I had a patient who had one of these bite her on the (using the anatomical term) vulva while she slept. fricken ouch!

This one is a small one. I had one about twice that long and thick in the yard. I had to hit it with a log about 10 times just to stun it. If you cut their heads off they can still bite with the decapitated head for a good 24 hours.

To send a message to the other bugs, I now catch these with adjustable pliers and put something like a 5 gallon gas can on the back half of their body leaving the front half squirming for the chickens and pheasants to come murder them slowly.

Just to inspire some nightmares, I had a patient who had one of these bite her on the (using the anatomical term) vulva while she slept. fricken ouch!
be glad these are long gone

DHwvXHHXkAASdfG.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews