JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Meanwhile most are pretending nothing to see here move along. :s0092:
Voters need to feel some real pain for their choices and maybe they finally will. Only thing that will be interesting to see is if any of them learn anything this time around.

Anybody notice the price of batteries lately? D cells are running $5 each and AAs are a buck each for alkalines when not on sale. Toss those old D cell powered appliances - it's cheaper to buy a new one that runs on AAs than buy replacement batteries.

Big 5 had LED camping lanterns on sale for $20, batteries included. Sounded good till I found out they were powered by 4 D cells. Then I said what the heck, and bought one just for the batteries. When they burn out after 150 hours I'll just toss it in the trash.

Anybody notice the price of batteries lately? D cells are running $5 each and AAs are a buck each for alkalines when not on sale. Toss those old D cell powered appliances - it's cheaper to buy a new one that runs on AAs than buy replacement batteries.

Big 5 had LED camping lanterns on sale for $20, batteries included. Sounded good till I found out they were powered by 4 D cells. Then I said what the heck, and bought one just for the batteries. When they burn out after 150 hours I'll just toss it in the trash.
I LONG ago went to only things that use either AA or built in rechargeable. Buy AA rechargeable for everything that uses batteries then. Damn things last a hell of a long time of being recharged over and over. Not to mention there are lots of chargers now that use the same charger a Cell Phone does so easy to take the charge along too.

I LONG ago went to only things that use either AA or built in rechargeable. Buy AA rechargeable for everything that uses batteries then. Damn things last a hell of a long time of being recharged over and over. Not to mention there are lots of chargers now that use the same charger a Cell Phone does so easy to take the charge along too.
Removable, rechargeable batteries are good.i highly recommend against any device that has built-in, non-serviceable batteries.

Just adds to e-waste.

Removable, rechargeable batteries are good.i highly recommend against any device that has built-in, non-serviceable batteries.

Just adds to e-waste.
Then what do they do with the AA batteries when they are out of service life? Isn't it the same batteries? Not to mention these will be a drop in the bucket when all the car batteries start to get to end of life. Sooner or later someone will come up with some way to reuse them when it becomes worth the money. Have long wondered where the hell all those throw away batteries end up too? We must toss out tons a year in this country alone.
When I lived in the city they used to ask us to put our batteries in a bag and add them to our recycling. Always wondered if the plant did not just toss them them the trash when they got there as the county here does not have this. They "suggest" you recycle but I guess they want people to take them somewhere? Sure. People take them out to the trash can :s0140:

Then what do they do with the AA batteries when they are out of service life? Isn't it the same batteries? Not to mention these will be a drop in the bucket when all the car batteries start to get to end of life. Sooner or later someone will come up with some way to reuse them when it becomes worth the money. Have long wondered where the hell all those throw away batteries end up too? We must toss out tons a year in this country alone.
When I lived in the city they used to ask us to put our batteries in a bag and add them to our recycling. Always wondered if the plant did not just toss them them the trash when they got there as the county here does not have this. They "suggest" you recycle but I guess they want people to take them somewhere? Sure. People take them out to the trash can :s0140:
Devices that have integrated rechargeable batteries usually use a pouch battery.

Sometimes they have something like 18650 or 10440 cylindrical batteries, but you have to disassemble them to access them. The devices might be glued together to deter disassembly, and the batteries may be welded together. Nonetheless, 99% of people will toss the entire item.

And there's no way to assess the quality of the onboard batteries until it's too late and the consumer just shrugs their shoulders "oh well, throw it in the gutter and go by another"

Devices that have integrated rechargeable batteries usually use a pouch battery.

Sometimes they have something like 18650 or 10440 cylindrical batteries, but you have to disassemble them to access them. The devices might be glued together to deter disassembly, and the batteries may be welded together. Nonetheless, 99% of people will toss the entire item.

And there's no way to assess the quality of the onboard batteries until it's too late and the consumer just shrugs their shoulders "oh well, throw it in the gutter and go by another"
Sadly this again was consumer choice and voters. Stuff made off shore super cheap. Got to where it was cheap to just toss many things and buy another. Sooner or later someone will have to come up with a way to "do something with all these batteries. When it becomes something they can make a buck off they will find a way. Until then almost all of them will end up in trash. Look at the tons of electronics made every year. Cell phones, tablets, batteries to take with you to charge same. No wonder China has run around buying up all the mines where they get the raw ingredients. Hell of a market for this stuff. I long ago was trying to be "aware" and do stuff to try to keep stuff out of landfills. Then I would see video of how the rest of the world does it and gave up. Buy whats easy for me and when they die in the trash they go. By the time we run out of places to dump it someone will have a way to re use the stuff because it will be worth money. I remember when I first stared trying to recycle my Father used to laugh when he saw me doing it. Said we have the whole state of Eastern WA to toss that stuff, they aren't going to do anything with that land anyway. :s0140:

Bread Futures are ripe rife with return....
ui_breadfutures.png

There might be a new method of fighting inflation about to happen, a new covid variation out of Canada is said to be reason enough to shut down the country again. If you are told to wear a mask in September then expect a shutdown by December.

There might be a new method of fighting inflation about to happen, a new covid variation out of Canada is said to be reason enough to shut down the country again. If you are told to wear a mask in September then expect a shutdown by December.
Hey it worked great last time. I fully expect they may try it again. Most laid down and did as they were told. Maybe this time there will be some real push back but I will have to see it to believe it at this point. After what I saw during the great hoax I am not sure they could not just do it again. :(

Free secret inflation avoidance hack:

If prices have gone up on something discretionary, that you were going to buy. Don't buy it. If enough people refuse to buy it, the price will likely come down.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top