JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In 2015 fire threatened our place. It was started by lightning 10 miles down the valley. It burned slowly for five days before blowing up to a named fire that for weeks put our homes at risk. We were lucky but there were three nights that I was pretty certain we'd lose it.

Fire is not predictable. It doesn't burn in straight line or single direction and varies in intensity. It can jump long distances very quickly.

We did a major fire mitigation project in 2010 and done maintenance, management and expansion ever since. During the fire there was no power. We used generators to power well pumps to run sprinklers. It is a dicey proposition to know exactly when to bail. Wait too long and you don't get out. Leave too early and the generator runs out of fuel before the flames hit.

A number of my neighbors were not as lucky as we were. Both of the men in this picture lost their homes early on yet stayed in the fight with us.
v6I8Gm3l.jpg

Despite the risk we choose to live in these areas. The beauty and the community make it worth it. They rebuilt.

rFuPvI4l.jpg

Family has five acres near Dworshak reservoir with a cabin and outbuildings. We've owned it since 1982 and never logged it.

Dad decided with the increased fire danger that it would be a good idea. Logged it last Fall and got a huge number of pole trees off of it. Cleared $50k before splitting it with the logging crew. I've been burning the slash piles off and on as weather permits...

YKceqU0QAzc1e0s9n-ECZ4wOls5xmNzEFxcz1cts1dgpX92IB.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads