JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Maybe I'm a little on the conspiracy side, but I read the Inspire mags published by our friendly jihadists. They have been calling for lone wolf terror attacks and one way is setting forest fires.
It kinda seems to me that this could be a cause? Even 4-5 years ago, we would hear about fires started by errant camp fires or arson on occasion. Now it seems all I hear is "lightning" caused the fires. Based on the increase in the number of fires, is there a cover up that more of these fires are actually attacks?

Well in WW2 the us covered up fires set by the Japanese using weather balloons launched in Japan to float over to the us and rein fire on our coast. They did that so as not provide the Japanese with data to allow the confirmation that their attacks were on target.

I have heard that some of these are still being stumbled on to this date.

I can't remember where I was but I saw a demonstration of a fire suppression sprinkler system and was amazed at the amount of water forced out.

It may be a silly ideal but I think new buildings (homes) especially in high risks areas should have some type of rooftop system on the outside water can keep the embers from lighting the roofs.

Maybe I'm a little on the conspiracy side, but I read the Inspire mags published by our friendly jihadists. They have been calling for lone wolf terror attacks and one way is setting forest fires.
It kinda seems to me that this could be a cause? Even 4-5 years ago, we would hear about fires started by errant camp fires or arson on occasion. Now it seems all I hear is "lightning" caused the fires. Based on the increase in the number of fires, is there a cover up that more of these fires are actually attacks?

Markedly unlikely.

The lightening strike starts are normally in the middle "of nowhere", making it very difficult to locate them...until they are out of control.

Most of the fires down here were started by lightening strikes from the same storm early July. Several are still going.

There was one brush fire in Central Point started by transients along the bike path.

If I had my choice I would live right in the middle of 20 acres with 200 yds cleared around the house and shop. One access road in and out and claymore mines on trip wires in the tree line. The only open spot besides that would be the Range for long distance shots. ;)

You would have a lot of wasted meat layin to rot with those claymores buddy....:p:p:p
I know, it's to scare off unwanted trespassers.:D

I can't remember where I was but I saw a demonstration of a fire suppression sprinkler system and was amazed at the amount of water forced out.

It may be a silly ideal but I think new buildings (homes) especially in high risks areas should have some type of rooftop system on the outside water can keep the embers from lighting the roofs.

My work colleague had second floored added to her house it was required to to a fire sprinkler system installed. Not sure if was a square foot issue or a building code change. It was a rambler house to start with.

My work colleague had second floored added to her house it was required to to a fire sprinkler system installed. Not sure if was a square foot issue or a building code change. It was a rambler house to start with.

square footage usually. If the house is to big for the fire department to fight effectively then they require sprinklers.

Seems like we are seeing a lot of arson lately. Jihadists, or Antifa's. Crazy lefty's Doing it to make the federal government pay and pay and pay?
Another question for firefighters. Why. When there is a lot of heavy iron. Bombers and helicopters assigned to a fire. They Never launch resources in the early morning when the winds are nil and the humidity is up.When they would have a good chance of putting the fire out. I sometimes think the forest service. Does not actually want the fires to be put out.

Metal roof???

Also you can put a pvc pipe running the length of your roof with small nozzles at a 45 degree angle every other side about 2 feet apart and run the pipe along the outside wall. In case of fire hook it up to a hose and let it rain.

It works.....

Metal roof???

Also you can put a pvc pipe running the length of your roof with small nozzles at a 45 degree angle every other side about 2 feet apart and run the pipe along the outside wall. In case of fire hook it up to a hose and let it rain.

It works.....

I was thinking more of one or two high pressure pipes thru the roof at the highest point with even just a splash guard forcing the water down would help dramatically. Just keeping it wet. In the 90's there was a huge fire near Oakland, Ca. Forget what city, But one or two homes on each block were untouched while the rest burned to the ground.

Markedly unlikely.

The lightening strike starts are normally in the middle "of nowhere", making it very difficult to locate them...until they are out of control.

Most of the fires down here were started by lightening strikes from the same storm early July. Several are still going.

Indeed. Many in these parts are started that way and I've seen them out east as well. We even had a lightning bolt hit a tree out by our driveway, which caught fire, but was thankfully put out by some rain. I was outside to see what was up and witnessed it first hand then opted to go back inside. :s0155:

I was thinking more of one or two high pressure pipes thru the roof at the highest point with even just a splash guard forcing the water down would help dramatically. Just keeping it wet. In the 90's there was a huge fire near Oakland, Ca. Forget what city, But one or two homes on each block were untouched while the rest burned to the ground.

Just a thought.

High pressure pumps require power that can be lost during a big fire while water pressure can remain in tact. Great idea but is a little pricey for some.

I don't think a high volume of water is needed to put out the sparks on a roof and wet the surrounding area. A sprinkler on the roof could also help.

had a friend develop a fire suppression system that would pump swimming pool water through spray nozzles on the roof, powered by a generator. Seems that the market was not interested --- there were some already installed but there just was no stats on their effectiveness. This was in So Cal.

My parents have a home made system. Well+ roof sprinklers + generator! Great combo.

In my neck of the tinderbox the understory on the Weyerhauser "managed" land is so dense you can't effectively walk through it without a machete...or Russian ballet schooling. I wouldn't mind so much if the tree line was more than 70' from my back porch.

had a friend develop a fire suppression system that would pump swimming pool water through spray nozzles on the roof, powered by a generator. Seems that the market was not interested --- there were some already installed but there just was no stats on their effectiveness. This was in So Cal.
For sparks or embers et. Al. It wpuld work but much less effective with high heat fires burning very close to the house.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top