JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Is the Old Western Scrounger still around? :)

I remember buying stuff from "Dangerous Dave" over 30 years ago! I know I still have one of his catalogs from back then lying around here somewhere. I loved looking through it at all the weird, oddball stuff he had. I believe he was in Northern California; it would have been cool to see the store.

Looking around online, it appears that Dangerous Dave sold the business in 2006, when it was moved to WV, and he passed away in 2017.

I don't know much about the current company, but it was pretty cool back in the day.

Looking around online, it appears that Dangerous Dave sold the business in 2006, when it was moved to WV, and he passed away in 2017.

I don't know much about the current company, but it was pretty cool back in the day.
Ill take a risk and let you know. Thanks for the quick info

From my 1991 catalog:

IMG_0721[1].jpg IMG_0722[1].jpg IMG_0724[1].jpg IMG_0725[1].jpg IMG_0726[1].jpg

Used to run into Dave at the Northern Cal cannon shoots years back. Cool guy and he had a lot of cool stuff. he could find just about anything you could think of

Dang! They've got some neat stuff. I kind of had a hankering for one of those Czech pistols awhile ago when aim surplus had them. I never got around to doing anything about it though.

Yeah, sticker shock! French 1950s .45 ACP was $2/rd! I remember when it was a nickle a round and they had trouble selling it! Had a bunch of it back in the day, thought I kept a few boxes of it just because. Nam 12 ga 00 buck was $2/rd., if I had only known! Everything was like that, .30-40 Krag (aka .30 Army/.30 US/ .30 USA/ .30 US Army, and yes I have cases headstamped all of those) $2/rd, and surplus .303 on clips $2.08/rd. 9mm Makarov $1/rd (although it was never all that cheap for current stuff either). Not sure as everything was in plastic boxes if it was reloaded cases, reformed cases, "factory" ammo, who/what loaded it, etc. The Descriptions looked like they were trying to keep everything hush-hush, on the QT, looking over their shoulder and ready to slam the car trunk lid at any moment. A FAR cry from what it was back in the day, but so was/is back in the day now too.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top