Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Old shooter getting back in

Reactions
Gday, Im an Australian, lived in the WA for nearly 16 years on a business visa. I did a fair amount of rifle & some hand gun shooting back in Australia before the government made a hard left turn on gun laws. I recently attained my green card (permanent residency) I'll be eligible to apply for citizenship in about 3 years. I would like to get my CC but Im concerned about whether or not I can get one that will cover WA OR CA NV as I travel through many of for business & what is the process for applying for #A hand gun & #B CC.
Thanks & happy shooting :s0042:

Colt 1911 because shooting twice is silly.jpg

Welcome to NWFA. Since NWFA isn't a legal advice site, I won't offer any.
That said you may want to research getting both an WA & Utah carry permits as it would give you reciprocity in 33 states as I recall.

11Charlie

Reactions
I think Bruce is an azz!!! But that’s just me!!:p:D

Oh and welcome aboard glad to have ya!!

SUPER X

Reactions
Gday, Im an Australian, lived in the WA for nearly 16 years on a business visa. I did a fair amount of rifle & some hand gun shooting back in Australia before the government made a hard left turn on gun laws. I recently attained my green card (permanent residency) I'll be eligible to apply for citizenship in about 3 years. I would like to get my CC but Im concerned about whether or not I can get one that will cover WA OR CA NV as I travel through many of for business & what is the process for applying for #A hand gun & #B CC.

View attachment 595193
Welcome , California is probably a no go.

UnionMillsNW

Reactions
Congrats on taking steps towards obtaining your citizenship! As much as people like to complain about the U.S. it is still the greatest country that is, and has ever existed on earth.

For firearm/CCW considerations I recommend starting local. Obtain your WA permit and then branch out. Check out Concealed Carry Permit Information By State (Updated Mar. 23, 2019) and build your permits to what suites your needs.

Safe shooting!

View attachment 595193
Welcome to NWFA and good luck with your citizenship. :)

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Rangemaster Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I have done business with Jeff for many years,he is trustworthy and honest
    • grpolarbear
  • Rangemaster Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I've known him from the beginning. I trust him completely. His prices are fair. He is technically competent in all aspects of gunsmithing and...
    • OLDMANWINTER
  • Country Line Shooting Sports
    5.00 star(s)
    If you like a good mom and pop, country store, County Line only lacks the cracker barrel and chairs to be damn near perfect. They try and for the...
    • CptPh0t0n
  • Brimstone Gunsmithing
    5.00 star(s)
    David is kind, considerate and a true professional as are the rest of his staff ! Thanks
    • LuLuBelle
  • Brimstone Gunsmithing
    5.00 star(s)
    Back in April, I had Brimstone do a Tier 1 trigger job for my 10/22 race gun build. After months of use and a handful of speed steel events, I...
    • Mister Bisley

Staff online