JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Gday, Im an Australian, lived in the WA for nearly 16 years on a business visa. I did a fair amount of rifle & some hand gun shooting back in Australia before the government made a hard left turn on gun laws. I recently attained my green card (permanent residency) I'll be eligible to apply for citizenship in about 3 years. I would like to get my CC but Im concerned about whether or not I can get one that will cover WA OR CA NV as I travel through many of for business & what is the process for applying for #A hand gun & #B CC.
Thanks & happy shooting :s0042:

Colt 1911 because shooting twice is silly.jpg

Welcome to NWFA. Since NWFA isn't a legal advice site, I won't offer any.
That said you may want to research getting both an WA & Utah carry permits as it would give you reciprocity in 33 states as I recall.

Welcome from the gun-totin old broad contingent.

Oregon doesnt honor any other state's concealed permits. So to be covered in OR you need an Oregon concealed permit.

Gday, Im an Australian, lived in the WA for nearly 16 years on a business visa. I did a fair amount of rifle & some hand gun shooting back in Australia before the government made a hard left turn on gun laws. I recently attained my green card (permanent residency) I'll be eligible to apply for citizenship in about 3 years. I would like to get my CC but Im concerned about whether or not I can get one that will cover WA OR CA NV as I travel through many of for business & what is the process for applying for #A hand gun & #B CC.

View attachment 595193

Welcome , California is probably a no go.

Congrats on taking steps towards obtaining your citizenship! As much as people like to complain about the U.S. it is still the greatest country that is, and has ever existed on earth.

For firearm/CCW considerations I recommend starting local. Obtain your WA permit and then branch out. Check out Concealed Carry Permit Information By State (Updated Mar. 23, 2019) and build your permits to what suites your needs.

Safe shooting!

View attachment 595193

Welcome to NWFA and good luck with your citizenship. :)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top