JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My retro rifle. The A2 grip has since been replaced with the proper A1 grip. I still need to pick up a 20 round mag.

AJs2ndBirthday116.jpg

OK so the cheek piece is not right on mine. ....and this one should have a birdcage flash hider I think. Three prong FH and forward assist do not go together unless someone can prove to me otherwise.

COLT SP1

Well, I picked up the first part of my retro build today. Three early 70's US Army Colt AR-15, 5.56 marked 20 round straight mags. Its a small step, but you've got to start somewhere...

Well, I picked up the first part of my retro build today. Three early 70's US Army Colt AR-15, 5.56 marked 30 round straight mags. Its a small step, but you've got to start somewhere...

yes, thats right. but now that you've started... you'll never stop :)

so ? whats ya gonna build ?

now that i;ve finnished my 603 clone' im moving toward finnishing my 604 :)

welcome to retro BRD. :)

peabody

yes, thats right. but now that you've started... you'll never stop :)

so ? whats ya gonna build ?

now that i;ve finnished my 603 clone' im moving toward finnishing my 604 :)

welcome to retro BRD. :)

peabody

My BRD disease started in gunsmithing school when I took the multi-day Colt M16 armorers course. The retro thing is something I've been wanting to try next. I need to research which style (60X?), as I'm not as familiar with the old stuff as I am with the new stuff...

I have one "retro" but it is a Colt SP1 :)

I had an A1 cause I never thought I would have an SP1 but I got made a deal I could not refuse. After getting the SP1 I ended up selling off my A1, but I still have a few other AR's ;)

DSC04628.jpg

An associate of mine has a really beautiful CAR-15/XM-177 style AR. It's an original factory rifle from the 70s or something, but it's still a semiautomatic, 'style' rifle. Regardless, he's even got a retro .45ACP upper as well. Brutal. I'll get some pics soon.

It's got the long CAR/XM flash suppressor on it, like this...

Off-topic, but..
IDF?

I like the carbine models with the long flash hider (XM-177, 609, 610, 619, 620, etc). Mayhaps I'll try that one next. I tend to pick up parts at most the gunshows I go to. A piece here and a piece there and I'll have it done...

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top