JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Has anyone used the NoDak Spud retro receivers for their builds? Look like they have a huge selection, but I worry about "off-brand" receivers.

They do a lot of stuff. I dont know about their AR receivers but they .22 guys love their 10/22 receivers and parts. They just came out with an Uzi receiver and those guys are happy too.

From all I read they are a company that if you have a problem you will be taken care of.

An associate of mine has a really beautiful CAR-15/XM-177 style AR. It's an original factory rifle from the 70s or something, but it's still a semiautomatic, 'style' rifle. Regardless, he's even got a retro .45ACP upper as well. Brutal. I'll get some pics soon.

It's got the long CAR/XM flash suppressor on it, like this...

Off-topic, but..
IDF?

I played with that IDF klone....:D

I did a "retroish" carbine with one of those barrels:

12.jpg

Has anyone used the NoDak Spud retro receivers for their builds? Look like they have a huge selection, but I worry about "off-brand" receivers.

n0-dak-spud = QUALITY.

second to none.

call mike or harlan.

i've used their lowers' and now they are the ONLY lowers i'll use.

buy no-daks stuff, and never look back. top shelf.

peabody

Looks like about $300 for an upper and lower from the Nodak spud people. That's not bad. I think Shrubmaster makes an 10.5" barrel with a pinned 5.5" flash hider, although I'd prefer an 11.5" with the correct 4.5" supressor. I prefer the looks of the later "full-fence" style lower, which I think the retroblackrifle site (a very cool site by the way) said was correct for later carbines.

I have to finish my current build this month. Then a buy next month. Hope to start collecting parts in earnest in February...

I have one that I want to trade. it is stripped but it has the sight on it. it is in the classifieds. I want to trade it for an ar 22lr conversion kit if anyone wants it let me know

Too bad it has the brass deflector, otherwise we may be talking...

Has anyone here put together their own barrel assembly for a retro carbine style build, or did you buy a pre-made one? I found an 10.5" barrel with a permanently attached 5.5" fake moderator flash supressor on Shrubmaster's website, but really would prefer not to use them. Any Suggestions?

Kind of looking to build an XM177E2 style. Late style, full fence lower, no brass deflector A1 upper. Very bare bones carbine...

Most of the pre-made barrel assemblies seem to be missing the collar behind the moderator. Mayhaps I'll just make my own and permanently attach the 4.5" or 5.5" moderator with the collar behind it.

I also have a stock and buffer tube looks like the picture above. I also have a stripped a1 upper in the classifieds. I am looking to trade for a 22lr conversion kit for the ar. I am also looking for a cheap 4 power scope to put on the carry handle.

I like retro :) .

To be really retro, like 1966-67 retro, you need to make sure that neither chamber nor bore are chromed and for effect, tape your assembled cleaning rod to the rifle for quick access.

Keith

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads