JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My retro rifle. The A2 grip has since been replaced with the proper A1 grip. I still need to pick up a 20 round mag.

AJs2ndBirthday116.jpg

OK so the cheek piece is not right on mine. ....and this one should have a birdcage flash hider I think. Three prong FH and forward assist do not go together unless someone can prove to me otherwise.

COLT SP1

Well, I picked up the first part of my retro build today. Three early 70's US Army Colt AR-15, 5.56 marked 20 round straight mags. Its a small step, but you've got to start somewhere...

Well, I picked up the first part of my retro build today. Three early 70's US Army Colt AR-15, 5.56 marked 30 round straight mags. Its a small step, but you've got to start somewhere...

yes, thats right. but now that you've started... you'll never stop :)

so ? whats ya gonna build ?

now that i;ve finnished my 603 clone' im moving toward finnishing my 604 :)

welcome to retro BRD. :)

peabody

yes, thats right. but now that you've started... you'll never stop :)

so ? whats ya gonna build ?

now that i;ve finnished my 603 clone' im moving toward finnishing my 604 :)

welcome to retro BRD. :)

peabody

My BRD disease started in gunsmithing school when I took the multi-day Colt M16 armorers course. The retro thing is something I've been wanting to try next. I need to research which style (60X?), as I'm not as familiar with the old stuff as I am with the new stuff...

I have one "retro" but it is a Colt SP1 :)

I had an A1 cause I never thought I would have an SP1 but I got made a deal I could not refuse. After getting the SP1 I ended up selling off my A1, but I still have a few other AR's ;)

DSC04628.jpg

An associate of mine has a really beautiful CAR-15/XM-177 style AR. It's an original factory rifle from the 70s or something, but it's still a semiautomatic, 'style' rifle. Regardless, he's even got a retro .45ACP upper as well. Brutal. I'll get some pics soon.

It's got the long CAR/XM flash suppressor on it, like this...

Off-topic, but..
IDF?

I like the carbine models with the long flash hider (XM-177, 609, 610, 619, 620, etc). Mayhaps I'll try that one next. I tend to pick up parts at most the gunshows I go to. A piece here and a piece there and I'll have it done...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top