JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
my old laptop went kaput,too exspensive to fix, new laptop wont let me sign in to old name. what to do?
There are tools to reset the password IF THE HARD DRIVE IS NOT ENCRYPTED.

You basically boot from a USB stick and the software will reset the password. This requires access to the registry of the computer form a boot disk, so if the hard drive is encrypted it will not work. Unfortunately, this also requires a spare computer to build the USB boot drive.

I am in Beaverton and would be happy to help, but it requires I have the laptop in hand. If you are ever up this way PM me and we can set a time to meet at my office if you like.

EaseUS is a reputable company and I believe they have a good tool if you want to give it a shot. I use their partitioning software regularly, but have not used the password tool.

I thought you could not sign into Windows. I do IT, when you are a hammer everything is a nail.

Upvote 0

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top