JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

"The SRO inspected the bag and found that it contained a black AR SBR BB caliber rifle designed for BB ammunition."

Google News headline:

"High caliber BB rifle found on school grounds at Sumter County School District high school"

Beyond school policy - I am not aware of any laws regarding BB guns on school grounds, but then it is S. Carolina and I am not familiar with their laws.

The kid made two mistakes:

1) He showed/told somebody about the BB gun in his car.

2) He allowed the search of his car.

I don't know what his plans were for the gun. Maybe he was going shooting after school? Maybe he was going to threaten someone at school who was bullying him? So I won't speak to his intentions.

Pussification in action. In high-school I always had a 12 gauge 870 and a 30-06 model 70 in a rack in the back window of my truck, and so did a lot of my friends. Nobody even thought twice about it, much less go spastic and call it out. Of course, that was back in the late 50's/early 60's when men were men...

The kid bought a cool toy. Took toy to school and made the mistake of showing some of his buddies. Love how the article tries so hard to make it more than a BB gun. I suspect the author would be SHOCKED if told you can buy this through the mail. They would probably then write another follow up about how these dangerous weapons are sold by mail and we need a new law of course.

But, AR SBR BB rifle!!!!! Oh lord, they didn't mention "High Caliber" did they? Like, ya' know, .22! Instead of .177?

Oh yeah. Dumb Kid.

Screenshot_20231020_194745.jpg

I don't know what his plans were for the gun. Maybe he was going shooting after school? Maybe he was going to threaten someone at school who was bullying him? So I won't speak to his intentions.
Article is mighty thin on facts and big on feewings :rolleyes:

FWIW, there are such things as these EC-AIRSOFT-M4-CQB-Full-Metal-3.jpg
That shoots these
71LR6MJmFPL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

And not
81sdaBrVDYL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
They aren't your ordinary BB rifles clgy1000_02.20201211002953.png

Although there's these full auto BB CO2 rifles...
61JmYMw+DmL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

I got to play with one of these bad boys a few years back at a family member's house. It's great fun.

Imagine what would happen if the kid had been rocking on of them.

Screenshot_20231020_201519_Chrome.jpg

Yeah, high capacity/high caliber. Same same. :confused:
Let's see if I got this correct:

To "them", both a lowly .22 LR round and a .50 caliber BMG round are the same? And a hundred of one is the same as a hundred of the other.

Do I have that correct?

Wow, shouldn't expect anything less from the group that brings you the "shoulder thingy that goes up".

:s0054:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top