JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My brother is stationed in Germany, and his wifes family live in Nuremburg. He says that sometime before he leaves there that hes going to fly me over.

Fly safe and have fun bud!!

I'd love to get a report back on their gun / self-defense laws and culture! :)

It's not so great. I used to live in Berlin and the laws are so restrictive that probably half the knives in a given kitchen are technically illegal. On the other hand, you can talk a walk in the woods and pick up enough ordinance to invade France again. Also the national health care is awesome.

It's not so great. I used to live in Berlin and the laws are so restrictive that probably half the knives in a given kitchen are technically illegal. On the other hand, you can talk a walk in the woods and pick up enough ordinance to invade France again. Also the national health care is awesome.

The gun laws aren't too bad.
You can have handguns, AR-15s, SBRs, etc.

No silencers though.

The only gun I have in Germany is a hunting rifle. Krieghoff .222 for deer.

Its the one on the right. The Drilling is my uncle's. JP Sauer.
The Zeiss scope cost as much as a car.
He says he is going to give it to me when he stops hunting (That will never happen)

Thanks for the replies AGCR and coctailer. :)

Any details on what hoops a person has to go through to own and use guns there? Permit? Registration? Transportation and Storage restrictions? Can only shoot at official ranges? Gun club/range membership required? CCW? Do only gun stores sell guns there or can you buy guns at the local equivalents to pawn shops, Walmart/Bi-mart and/or Joes? How about private sales? Limits on how many guns you can own? Caliber and/or capacity limits?

You get the idea!:s0155:

Don't mean to hijack a thread, but watching how people seem to hate Americans in other countries, doesn't anyone fear heading over seas? Wouldn't be so bad if I could be armed, but other then that...

Thanks for the replies AGCR and coctailer. :)

Any details on what hoops a person has to go through to own and use guns there? Permit? Registration? Transportation and Storage restrictions? Can only shoot at official ranges? Gun club/range membership required? CCW? Do only gun stores sell guns there or can you buy guns at the local equivalents to pawn shops, Walmart/Bi-mart and/or Joes? How about private sales? Limits on how many guns you can own? Caliber and/or capacity limits?

You get the idea!:s0155:

The laws vary from country to country just like between states here in the USA. There is probably a website detailing the rules.

I never checked into the Hi-cap,storage, transport, laws over there, I have a hard enough time understanding the ones here.

A Waffenschein is the equivalent to the CCW.

Hes at a base called Panzer Kaserne near Stuttgart. Are you active military?

Station at Nellingen for 11 months before moving to Illesheim... This brings back some memories... I just read that the unit I was assigned to was inactivated in 2006 after 19 years. I was there when we went from the 394th to the 7-159th... Doesn't seem that was 22 years ago, am I getting old:(

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top