JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just received a reply from Kevin. It was belligerent, contained an insult to those calling into question their report, he retracted nothing, and is quite clear he is standing by the claim.

Forum rules (#4 to be precise) specifically forbid me from reproducing the contents of said. As such, it would be inappropriate for a moderator, or anyone else, to violate said.

And, on that note, barring any additional information, I do believe I'm done with this organization. Such a pity.

Just food for thought: some jumped the gun ;) on the OFF "Sell Out" post, and now we're rushing to judge OFF. I know it seems unlikely, but is it possible, just possible, that there's a method to Kevin's madness? o_O

Just food for thought: some jumped the gun ;) on the OFF "Sell Out" post, and now we're rushing to judge OFF. I know it seems unlikely, but is it possible, just possible, that there's a method to Kevin's madness? o_O
I don't think so. I've had similar experiences with OFF in the recent past. There is a belligerence bordering on paranoia there. This is just one of a long line of events that have played out similarly. I'm done with OFF. I will support OOC (Oregon Outdoor Council) from now on.

I had the same thought and that is why I included the phrase "barring any additional information" in my message above. I just watched a short video of the Senator explaining why he was on the floor today and it completely comports to what the OP said. To be blunt, there was an incident in the past in which they trafficked in what was, at best, a gross mischaracterization of a piece of legislation that made me concerned about further support of OFF. So, this isn't a new phenomenon.

Be that as it may, I am going to hold off on any action for a short while. If, however, this report proves to also be a mischaracterization, or outright bullcrap, I'm done. I have, and will continue to do so, support any pro-2A group that is making things happen with my time, talent, and treasure. Said has, over the years, including significant contributions to various groups. But I'm simply not wasting my time on those engaging in hysterics or outright disinformation. Too each their own.

I'm sorry, this is just the most recent example of his instability. The whole Roblan debacle a few weeks ago. There is a pattern here.

I had the same thought and that is why I included the phrase "barring any additional information" in my message above. I just watched a short video of the Senator explaining why he was on the floor today and it completely comports to what the OP said. To be blunt, there was an incident in the past in which they trafficked in what was, at best, a gross mischaracterization of a piece of legislation that made me concerned about further support of OFF. So, this isn't a new phenomenon.

Be that as it may, I am going to hold off on any action for a short while. If, however, this report proves to also be a mischaracterization, or outright bullcrap, I'm done. I have, and will continue to do so, support any pro-2A group that is making things happen with my time, talent, and treasure. Said has, over the years, including significant contributions to various groups. But I'm simply not wasting my time on those engaging in hysterics or outright disinformation. Too each their own.
Well I could use help. I'm drowning.

This makes me head hurt.
I first met and got to know Kevin 25 yrs ago w/ the so-called crime bill.
I can feel His frustrations from the fight ring he has survived during this time frame.

I will Not demean his Character because of his frustration w/ having to play the P.C.
routine of being super polite to the CRIMINALS of BLOOMBERG/ SOROS Cultivation Who are Now engaged in
CONTINUING TO PERPETRATE FRAUD, MALFEASANCE, MISFEASANCE, VIOLATION OF:
THEIR OATH OF OFFICE;
THE LAW:
OUR RIGHTS;
ETC....

Yet, maybe, just maybe Sen Knopp did what he is alleged to have done in good faith...
IDK....

One thing is fer sure:

Either the GOOD GUYS in the Ore State Legislature are Ignorant as to the Legit Function of Jurisprudence in our beloved country,
Or I am a genius of Privilege to have in the Past stumbled onto such simple stuff as:
"An Act may be legal, but not necessarily LAWFUL."

WE ARE WITNESSING THIS DAILY W/ KATE
& Co doing Bloomberg's bidding.

Hence Etched in "Mt Rushmore" Granite:
16 Am Jur 2d, Sec 177 late 2d, Sec 256:

"The general misconception is that any statute passed by legislators bearing the appearance of law constitutes the law of the land. The U.S. Constitution is the supreme law of the land, and any statute, to be valid, must be In agreement. It is impossible for both the Constitution and a law violating it to be valid; one must prevail. This is succinctly stated as follows:

The General rule is that an unconstitutional statute, though having the form and name of law is in reality no law, but is wholly void, and ineffective for any purpose; since unconstitutionality dates from the time of it's enactment and not merely from the date of the decision so branding it. An unconstitutional law, in legal contemplation, is as inoperative as if it had never been passed. Such a statute leaves the question that it purports to settle just as it would be had the statute not been enacted.

Since an unconstitutional law is VOID,
the general principles follow that it imposes
no duties,
confers no rights,
creates no office,
bestows no power or authority on anyone,
affords no protection,
and justifies no acts performed under it.....

A void act cannot be legally consistent with a valid one. An unconstitutional law cannot operate to supersede any existing valid law. Indeed, insofar as a statute runs counter to the fundamental law of the lend, it is superseded thereby.

No one Is bound to obey an unconstitutional law and no courts are bound to enforce it".

Let me repeterate meself:

"
No one Is bound to obey an unconstitutional law and no courts are bound to enforce it".

IT IS IN THE VERY LEAST FRUSTRATING

Last Edited:
Well I could use help. I'm drowning.

Let me know how I can assist. I can certainly help with funding, some logistics, etc. Just point me in the right direction.

Parenthetically, I think you worked with my better-half (@TeacherSmurf) a bit ago. She could not make it to Salem, but submitted a written statement. It was later picked up by a local newspaper that featured her statements.

Anyway, though bereft of time these days, we want to help. What a blessing it is that we who are backing freedom have this platform to unite. :)

Great. We're always happy to see the left eat it's own. Let he who is without spin get kicked in the stones. Or something like that. We need to up our game, or at least some of the players.

HEADS UP!!!! GOT AN ANSWER FOR YOU!! No one is working harder to kill these bad bills than I am. I was on the floor today delivering the message in person that we are unified as a caucus on taxes, PERS and other issues... that includes the gun bill. There are not the votes to pass SB 978 through the legislature but we are working to try to kill it in several ways. I'm working with my caucus members and they know what I'm doing. There's no risk of a quorum anytime soon with one R on the floor which is what is happening. If you have any other questions let me know. I'm a no on the gross receipts tax.

Best regards,

Senator Tim Knopp

HEADS UP!!!! GOT AN ANSWER FOR YOU!! No one is working harder to kill these bad bills than I am. I was on the floor today delivering the message in person that we are unified as a caucus on taxes, PERS and other issues... that includes the gun bill. There are not the votes to pass SB 978 through the legislature but we are working to try to kill it in several ways. I'm working with my caucus members and they know what I'm doing. There's no risk of a quorum anytime soon with one R on the floor which is what is happening. If you have any other questions let me know. I'm a no on the gross receipts tax.

Best regards,

Senator Tim Knopp
Thank you, LL. You are making a positive difference.

Best regards,

Senator Tim Knopp
This is indeed better news... But all they have to do is flip one weak republican and the party begins...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top