JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've seen Kevin make testimony and these hearing. Yes he is abrasive but since Oregon state legislature is voting party lines, mostly, does it really matter. It's not like they are actually considering what he is saying. The fact they have to sit through 2 minutes of being uncomfortable is fine with me. What I have seen from the other gun groups like the Firearms Policy Coalition and NRA is lawyer speak. More polite asking but the same result.

Unfortunately with very few acceptations of democrat support, any wins for gun rights are more based on deals being made with republicans or the rare outright show from the people than changing the minds of the democrat majority. Granted sometimes the democrats "chum" the water to see who shows up to fight against them but Kevin/OFF will at least show up on oppositions. My guess is he is lacking the financial backing to make actual changes. I would prefer to see him on the other side of the table.
He was invited to appear as one of the first 3 pro-gun people to testify. If I remember correctly he was invited by the NRA-ILA rep. He was supposed to talk about aspects of SB978 that Keely didn't cover in her testimony. Instead he went off on a rant attacking Governor Brown for her foster care administration. That's not productive.

I called and spoke with Senator Knopp's staff, they were thankful for encouraging words. They were beginning to be inundated with nasty emails from OFF. This is a continuous pattern of abuse by OFF that further divides and to be quite frankly is hurting our cause. I too was blocked today by OFF because I spoke up about he was using fear and emotions to drive people to react in ways that are ruining our opportunities to have a conversation. I'm very fortunate to be in a position to have working relationships at the capital with a very diverse network. I will now dedicate my already difficult schedule to vetting any email blast from OFF. He doesn't speak for me, in fact he's had a good run. I say we defund and start our own organization. I have the network we just need boots. Who's with me?
I'm with you

Read this update as well, and an update from Sen. Knoop explaining his presence, and am sending an apology to Sen. Knoop for calling him out on the original perception he was folding. In fact he was just going about the business of state. His j-o-b in other words. When I'm wrong or have wronged a man, I'll break a leg kicking myself in the bubblegum because i am not a hypocrite. May have a somewhat twitchy trigger F, but i am not a hypocrite. Disappointing development from Kevin. Will do the fact check in the future.

Whatever else we find out about this situation, this quote from Kevin is NOT TRUE:
Today Senator Tim Knopp sold out his fellow Republicans and returned to the floor in an effort to give gun grabbing Democrats the quorum they need to pass devastating legislation.
He needs to apologize to Knopp. I'm done with Kevin and OFF.

His alert emails are important. Was it because of OFF that so many of us urged the Republicans to walk out, which DID result in a victory for our side?

If he can get thousands of us to melt the phone/email lines to the antis in Salem, then he is worth supporting.
Not when information is incorrect.

On a lighter note, someone should start a thread about the nice ads we see here on NWFA. :)

upload_2019-5-15_12-15-48.png

Last Edited:
Yup! I dont have the time to fact check every thing comming out of OFF, and this ain't doing us gun owners any favors! I wonder if Kevin has any idea the damage he has done, and now this! :(
Obviously he lacks the stones to even admit to a mistake, and his enlarged ego wont let him back down after! He is his own worst enemy. :eek::(:confused:

ZigZagZeke,
I am seriously questioning the integrity of this site after seeing the ganging up on one of our foremost defenders of liberty, OFF.
Your accusations are not accurate.
Knopp was not appointed to deliver a message.
Senate Republicans were furious at him for being there when they all took a very personal risk by walking. As you know, they were all subject to arrest for not being there.
There are multiple inconsistencies and inaccurate quotes in your accusation and it disturbs me greatly that you are a lead moderator on this group and attacking OFF.
Kevin and OFF will get more of my support after seeing this slander and piling on.
Nathan

ZigZagZeke,
I am seriously questioning the integrity of this site after seeing the ganging up on one of our foremost defenders of liberty, OFF.
Senate Republicans were furious at him for being there when they all took a very personal risk by walking. As you know, they were all subject to arrest for not being there.
There are multiple inconsistencies and inaccurate quotes in your accusation and it disturbs me greatly that you are a lead moderator on this group and attacking OFF.
Kevin and OFF will get more of my support after seeing this slander and piling on.
Nathan
Hey @ZigZagZeke got a promotion to lead moderator :eek:

ZigZagZeke,
Nathan
State your facts?

ZigZagZeke,
Nathan
Can YOU cite any of those so called inconsistencies? Can You point out exactly where it is YOU are getting your information that counters what Zeke, LethalLovebirds, my self, and several others have pointed out as flat out wrong? Or are you just going on emotions here? :eek::eek::eek:

Congrats Zeke, welcome to the Mod Squad!:p:D:p

You're welcome to engage in conversation about this topic, that said it needs to remain friendly, so state your facts and allow the other members to do the same. The members make the content here and that won't change, so questioning the "Sites Integrity" w/o stating your own facts....falls rather flat. IMO

P.S. I don't have a dog in this fight as I'm a Washingtonian.

DB Wesner
Point taken. Thank you.
We have two parties in this discussion. A politician and a organization created to defend our liberties. The attack against the organization and supporting the politician is based on what the politician stated, kind of like asking the gov't to investigate itself....
My defense of OFF is simple logic. Knopp wasn't delivering a message. His fellow Republicans risked arrest while he broke rank.
My much greater concern is the piling on that OFF has endured in this forum. They have been taking the fight directly to the enemy and whether they have done a good or bad job is not a reason for the slandering they have received in this forum.

DB Wesner
Point taken. Thank you.
We have two parties in this discussion. A politician and a organization created to defend our liberties. The attack against the organization and supporting the politician is based on what the politician stated, kind of like asking the gov't to investigate itself....
My defense of OFF is simple logic. Knopp wasn't delivering a message. His fellow Republicans risked arrest while he broke rank.
My much greater concern is the piling on that OFF has endured in this forum. They have been taking the fight directly to the enemy and whether they have done a good or bad job is not a reason for the slandering they have received in this forum.
Once again where did you get your information? Straight from OFF? A little due diligence on your part could have shown that what we have been saying all along is correct. There's been no retraction on a few huge recent mistakes by OFF. There's been opportunities to make gains, but he has failed in the clutch. You're entitled to support whoever you like. I just know how I'm going to operate going forward.

Arresting republicans for walking out, Highly unlikely!:eek: Firstly, Oregon's CONSTITUTIONAL sheriffs would not allow it, second, it WOULD likely result is an actual shootin confrontation, and thirdly, for the Opposing party to call for this would open up a SERIOUS can of worms, likely resulting in emediat removal from office, and the seating of a full tribunal! In short, the republicans were serving WE THE PEOPLE, and acting in our best interests in this manor, a job for which they were hired by US!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top