JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm not applying for a loan.

I need one to pay for fishing and hunting license, tags, and stamps next year.

You are not the only one dealing with this.

Tired of them wasting my time. It's worth a few bucks to not report at this point.

That's the attitude they like!

ODFW. Is why I stopped getting hunting/fishing license two years ago. Just getting to expensive

#metoo

The paper lic. and fish tag are on 9x11 paper. If you get waterproof it's .50 a sheet more. Two sheets one for lic. and one for fish tag. The paper is thick and makes a big lump in your wallet!

How would a person tag an animal if there was no cell service? If my phone tagged animal was hanging in camp and I was not there what happens when OSP drops by?

Question here, how are they keeping track of all the damn permits just to fish? I gotta have a fishlicence and tag, I got to have a boat permit and tag, I gotta have a Columbia tributaries tag, I got to have a Sturgen tag, a halibut tag, a tuna tag, a Columbia bar pilots licence, a ships masters licence, a ramp fee, a truck fee, a parking fee, a gas tax, a road tax, an over size trailer permit, a pilot car fee, a docking permit and fee, a pollution tax, and a bunch of other taxes, fees and permits! Used to cost me $33 A year for licence and $15 for tags, or a combo hunt/fish for $120
Now it cost me $3000+:mad::mad::mad:

Whisky Tango Foxtrot!:eek::eek::eek:

I need one to pay for fishing and hunting license, tags, and stamps next year.

That's the attitude they like!

#metoo
Doubt the money from fines goes into their bank account anyways......yep straight from their site

"The funds are not being dedicated specifically in the ODFW budget because the department hopes that in the future, all hunters will report and no penalty fees will be collected. But currently the funds are being used to increase Oregon State Police patrol and enforcement of winter range closures in Oregon. These closures help deer, elk and other wildlife survive the winter by limiting disturbances from people."

Last Edited:
How would a person tag an animal if there was no cell service? If my phone tagged animal was hanging in camp and I was not there what happens when OSP drops by?

There's a FAQ on the ODFW website that covers all this. In a nutshell the app does not require cell service to work. When you "tag" an animal the app generates a unique code that you have to write down on something (like duct tape) and attach to the animal. Like most things, read up on the official version rather than rely on anything here.

So far I haven't had any trouble with the system and it doesn't appear to be all that hard to use, just different. If a 61 year old can figure it out how tech savvy do you have to be.

Not a tech savvy matter. It's a privacy matter. No phone tracking, I'm good with it. But they want to track your location, and have stated so in public.

Some folks may be good with this. I am not.

Question here, how are they keeping track of all the damn permits just to fish? I gotta have a fishlicence and tag, I got to have a boat permit and tag, I gotta have a Columbia tributaries tag, I got to have a Sturgen tag, a halibut tag, a tuna tag, a Columbia bar pilots licence, a ships masters licence, a ramp fee, a truck fee, a parking fee, a gas tax, a road tax, an over size trailer permit, a pilot car fee, a docking permit and fee, a pollution tax, and a bunch of other taxes, fees and permits! Used to cost me $33 A year for licence and $15 for tags, or a combo hunt/fish for $120
Now it cost me $3000+:mad::mad::mad:

Whisky Tango Foxtrot!:eek::eek::eek:
It all looks good to me, except you forgot, if you cross bridge of the gods or hood river bridge, theres a $2.00 charge as well.

You also forgot; Used to be a Pioneer lic. Was free.
That meant you were 65(age discrimination) and had been in the state for 50 years.

My family are pioneer decendents.
They have great great great grandfather that came over to Oregon on the Oregon Trail BEFORE the territory was a state!
Had to wait to get my hunting/fishing lic. For FREE. AGE sensitive.
The damnodfw raised the price from free to $6.00.
That means the guy or gal that was born in Kansas before me was a PIONEER and got a FREE LIC. TAGS
EEEEEERHUH.

Pretty inconvient for those that are not computer or tech savvy like my father. I assume this will keep some people from buying tags and licenses. I can hear my dad now. "F&@* it, they've made it too damn hard to buy a license"

That's ok WA Dept of failure and waste gave me a fine for not reporting last year even tho I had receipts of proof because there new website has no proof..I hope all those college educated know it all worthless crooks choke on there own vomit.

The paper lic. and fish tag are on 9x11 paper. If you get waterproof it's .50 a sheet more. Two sheets one for lic. and one for fish tag. The paper is thick and makes a big lump in your wallet!

I've been fishing and hunting up here for over 30 years and I never once put my fishing or hunting license in my wallet, they always went in my vest, my tackle box or my hunting jacket pocket but never in the wallet.
I always had a wallet that was just too big for my pocket and the reason I have back problems I'm told by my chiropractor.:D

This new system is dumber than a horde of Ocasio-Cortez voters. There was no problem with the old system, so they said *(&(* it, lets break it.

Computer paper license, versus the water proof thermal paper of old? Sure, that won't be aaaaaaaaaany problem at all. Electronic license? Gee, hope that battery in your phone lasts. And of course they want to track you. Probably pull GPS data every time a trooper encounters you - that way you get a ticket for XYZ and for speeding. The game cops get to be tail light chasers too.

Wife works the CS counter at Sportsman's - she laments daily the clusterfooosh that ODFW implemented. To boot, ODFW has had phone service outages as well, so they couldn't even get hold of them with any licensing questions or issues.

Wish we could get right to fish and right to hunt laws passed and nix this crap all together.

I think I'll just pay the damned $25 fine for not reporting - if I bother to get a license in 2019. Oregon and every one of it's government agencies, subdivisions, and fifedoms sucks.

Wa state has had waterproof paper for a few years now as the standard license.
Works great. Take a zip tie and attach right to antler or ear. no issues at all.
As far as an app I think that is just lame.
Who the f wants to carry their GD phone around with them while they hunt.
I go up in the mountains to get away from that stuff.
Just my .02

Today I went to a major sporting outfit in southern Oregon to pick up some things I wanted. I decided that I get my 2019 fishing license and salmon steelhead tag and and parking pass for County Parks and the wildlife areas down in this area.

After waiting for about 20 minutes for the gal to give me my new licenses she handed me three sheets of paper with regular old ink printed on office paper and no Parking passes.

I indicated that licenses we get soaked and smudge., or just disintegrate altogether if I took a swim which I usually do a couple times this season on accident.

when I mentioned the parking passes she said I'd have to go to a different town to the ODFW office I get it from them (although I paid for it at this location.)
I decided just to turn around and walk away from the counter without any licenses at all.

Lol they send me a thing in the mail every year.
And they set up a little desk at the public duck hunting spot up here complete with pencil and paper for us to record our take .
Mmmmmm .
Nobody fills out the paperwork as far as I know

You only have to keep track of goose that's it they give you a catch card like salmon.
Lol don't get me started on the the salmon.
That's a hole other thing .
Track my two salmon I catch a year if I'M LUCKY.
BUT DON'T BOTHER KEEPING TRACK OF THE SALMON THE TRIBES CATCH.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top