JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Welcome everyone to the " Middle Finger Fish & Hunt Club" Membership has grown exponentially over the past few years and you too should join now! Membership is absolutly FREE!

If your fed up with the ODFW's mismanagement of OUR fisheries and wildlife, join the club! Fishing & Hunting harvest opportunities have declined every year while the costs of the right to even try keeps going up. Now is your chance to make that statement with your wallet and get their attention!

Membership....Free
Club dues.......Free
Club license....Free
Club tags.......Free

Look on ODFW's Managements face if they received NO revenue from their license, tags, controlled hunts, fee's, penalties, permits, passes, etc. ect. Would be PRICELESS!

Become a proud member of the "Oregon Chapter" of the "Middle Finger Fish & Hunt Club" Join NOW!:D

I've read all the posts on this thread and a small percentage report the system has been perfected and apparently couldn't be happier with it.

So, is ODFW management surreptitiously putting a brave face on a system most others here find as hideously inefficient as obamacare or ...? I recall the first days it went online and how well that went...oh wait...

I read many are so disgusted with ODFW's system they just walk away...I don't think it's them or they would be in the minority of the obviously dissatisfied. Sounds like the system is badly broken.

What say you?

PS: I ask as I thought Oregon a great place to fish/hunt and I 'was' interested in such a trip there. Now not so much....

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the OLD system. You went into a sporting goods retailer or some general stores and asked to buy a license / tags. They had a dedicated computer terminal for that. They entered your info and generated the license. It was printed on waterproof thermal paper. Most retailers even gave you a plastic wallet for them and when folded, you could fit your license/tags in your wallet or pocket. Easy peasy. All you needed to get a new license, or add tags, etc was your driver license number, or an old license, or if you don't have either, name/DOB. The clerk at the store entered the info, and a few mins later you were in business.

Now they decided that was too efficient. Bye bye waterproof paper. Print your crap on plain printer / copier paper? Yeah, that's a good idea... you're not even supposed to laminate the new crap, because they consider it altering the document (WTF) - and they have a new smart phone app. Because giving the government access to your phone would never be a bad thing, right? :rolleyes: Oh, and phones never die.

It's almost like they purposefully conceived this crap to annoy sportsmen and generate additional opportunities to fine them. Pretty stupid for an agency that relies heavily on license/tag sales for their budget. Fines don't go to the DFW, fine revenue goes to the state's general fund and to the agency that writes the ticket (which for the most part will be the State Police, as they are tasked with fish & game law enforcement in Oregon)

I cannot say I'm chomping at the bit to get 2019 license/tags - this was the first year I was going to splurge and get the "sports pac" license that combines hunting/fishing licenses and all the general season tags. We'll see, I guess.

mkwerk,

Thanks for the background info.

How such a one time efficient, quite workable system was abandoned for something that sounds like the old soviet style of bureaucratic inefficiency is a head scratcher...

PS: Apps aren't something I'm very familiar with as I decline to own a so-called smart phone given their many different downsides...

mkwerk,

Thanks for the background info.

How such a one time efficient, quite workable system was abandoned for something that sounds like the old soviet style of bureaucratic inefficiency is a head scratcher...

PS: Apps aren't something I'm very familiar with as I decline to own a so-called smart phone given their many different downsides...

The bad thing with phone apps, they all want permission (some dont even ask) to access *all* data on a device, gps location data, text messages, picture galleries, phone call data, microphone access, internet access, settings - even apps that don't need that stuff like games. Its a huge privacy concern.

Oh the many wonders of Oregon government:confused: If I heard him correctly, the host of Out Door GPS over the weekend hinted that in the coming year or so paper will not even be an option. :(

Set up my "new" account to report and ODFW says reporting isn't due until April 15 2019. Don't know if anyone else is getting that due date or not. I thought it was end of 2018 for 2018 tags
Mine was 01JAN19. Waded through all of the bs they wanted me to go through for my "new" account. Followed the prompts, and it was easy (but longer than it needed to be). Tags on printer paper suck, but I trust them better than I do a first year beta phone app. Licence was free (as I am a disabled Vet), upland carried over from last year. We shall see how it goes before I give them any actual money.

The bad thing with phone apps, they all want permission (some dont even ask) to access *all* data on a device, gps location data, text messages, picture galleries, phone call data, microphone access, internet access, settings - even apps that don't need that stuff like games. Its a huge privacy concern.

Not to mention, once you hand off your unlocked phone to the cop so he can see your tag. Same thing,,,

Just FYI for those worried about being tracked, or phone data being breached. You can limit access for individual apps on your phone. Takes a little time, but worth it.

ODFW employees (speaking formally) have admitted that it is their plan to use phones to monitor user. It is not in place YET. But that is the plan.

Unless you can work around that (I am not tech savvy. Maybe it is a simple thing to do)?

ODFW employees (speaking formally) have admitted that it is their plan to use phones to monitor user. It is not in place YET. But that is the plan.

Unless you can work around that (I am not tech savvy. Maybe it is a simple thing to do)?

Yes, you can work around it, though for some people might be troublesome. Apps have to have certain "permissions" to access phone data, GPS location, microphone, camera, etc.
You can go into your phone and manually change these permissions.
I do with every app input on my phone, and I recommend everyone to do the same...

Yes, you can work around it, though for some people might be troublesome. Apps have to have certain "permissions" to access phone data, GPS location, microphone, camera, etc.
You can go into your phone and manually change these permissions.
I do with every app input on my phone, and I recommend everyone to do the same...
I may be wrong, but I thought there are times when the apps don't work if you turn off too many things. so then you'll have to be switching things on or off

Just report you didn't hunt at all. No outcome to report of you just didn't go. In my case, i got too caught up in work to go so I wasted a couple hundred bucks. Warm, fuzzy feeling knowing I helped line their pockets and got nothing for it

I quit hunting a few years ago got tired of the bullbubblegum. I think hunters should organize a boycott and take a year or two off from hunting & fishing and send them a message

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top