JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I remembered that I need to report my hunts before 1-1-19 or suffer a fine. ODFW has a new "Electronic" licensing system and I need to verify my account before I can access anything. What are the odds that this new system is functional this morning? ZERO! If I report success, I may not get that tag again next year because perhaps too many animals were taken in that unit. If I report no success, I may not get a tag because they think there aren't enough animals in that unit. Maybe I'll just pay the fine, but I still need to waste more time trying to verify my account so I can buy a 2019 license etc.

I sat down over the weekend to set up accounts and report for my kids,wife and I. I couldn't get it to work. I'm planning on going to Salem next week to see if they can help me. This new system and tagging deal is a mess.

if you get the app on your phone and your battery goes dead you get a ticket. If you go the paper route and it gets wet you get a ticket. If you laminate the tag to protect it better than a zip lock bag you get a ticket. Is there a trend here? Sorry for the rant.

I talked to a woman at ODFW about the issue and she told me to try another browser as the system doesn't like some of them! She also told me to leave the city name out and let it auto fill. I told her that I had already invested way too much time screwing with this today and wasn't about to change browsers. I used my phone and it worked, but I'm still pissed. A drivers license number would tell them everything they need to know. I'm not applying for a loan.

This is what happens when the State goes with The lowest bidder! Just look at how well the Mandated State signup worked for Obummer care! Yea, billions wasted chasing a problem instead of spending a little more to get something that actually works! Still broken and no fix in sight! Yea OryGun!

if you get the app on your phone and your battery goes dead you get a ticket. If you go the paper route and it gets wet you get a ticket. If you laminate the tag to protect it better than a zip lock bag you get a ticket. Is there a trend here? Sorry for the rant.
What happens if your printer chews up your printed tag? Will they let you print more than 1 tag? Also, how many people are going to tape their cell phones to a bucks antler?

it took me all of like 3 minutes to set up my account last week. i think its dumb. theres nothing wrong with standing in line at bimart for an hour the day before the hunt! LOL paper tags are fine with me

I was kinda happy to see the electronic thing.

However- Recently, on tv there were 2 ODFW staff folks explaining how to do the phone lic deal. It was all pretty positive until the question of "Will ODFW track my location via my phone?". The answer was "Not yet".

A little too Big Brother for me.

So I will buy paper.

Im going with paper. I heard Fishermans Marine was printing on waterproof paper but I wont know till I go in. My phone belongs to my employer so even if I wanted to go that route (which I don't) I cannot. I find it hard to believe the old system was so expensive and they are now saving money. I read that you can make numerous copies of your license incase it gets wet and ruined but not your tags.

Yes, ODFW is FUBAR. That's been their trend, and they're out of control.

I used to buy the Sportspac every year. I now buy only the absolute minimum of tags and licenses that I will actually need.

Yes, ODFW is FUBAR. That's been their trend, and they're out of control.

I used to buy the Sportspac every year. I now buy only the absolute minimum of tags and licenses that I will actually need.
Same here. I hate giving them any more money than I have to. Hunting here is beginning to be a rich man's sport.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top