JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Was trimming a bunch of .223 brass last night, and every so often, the universal shell holder would just refuse to hold onto the case. Sometimes turning it 90 degrees would make it work, but most of the time, they'd just pop out of the shell holder. Now this is mixed range brass, so it's entirely possible the problem is with the case rims, although I didn't have any issues while resizing using a Redding #10 shell holder in my Rock Chucker. That said, it almost seems like the "jaws" on the shell holder are rather rounded instead of having a sharper, flatter edge like I'd expect. Anyone else have the same issue with the TP 2? And if so, was there a fix, or did you just write it off to bad brass? Thanks.

Dave

Is this the trim pro 2 with the universal shell holder? If so get a hold of RCBS. 223 is right on their low end of holding the brass so they will send you an extra shim to hold it tightly. I had to do this with mine. They have very detailed instructions on how to add this shim (spring) whatever toj wanna call it. It's an inconvenience but easy to fix. They will take care of it for ya.

Hope this helps
James

Is this the trim pro 2 with the universal shell holder? If so get a hold of RCBS. 223 is right on their low end of holding the brass so they will send you an extra shim to hold it tightly. I had to do this with mine. They have very detailed instructions on how to add this shim (spring) whatever toj wanna call it. It's an inconvenience but easy to fix. They will take care of it for ya.

Hope this helps
James

Thanks, James, that's exactly the kind of info I was looking for. Will be putting in a call to Big Green tomorrow. Thanks again, much appreciated.

Dave

Here is a screenshot of exactly what they sent me so you kinda get an idea of whats going on.

James

Screenshot_20200506-180112_Gmail~2.jpg

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top