JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
1) saw no difference due to being a Wes Knodel gun show versus Collectors West. shrug.

2) they do give $2 Bi-mart discount at the door. :)

3) $7 parking. :(

4) Ammo prices - pretty big range across the show floor. You have to shop :)

5) 380 auto ammo is back - yay :)

6) you can get better prices on rifle cases, gun bags at bi-mart and online.

7) as a matter of fact - you can get equal or better prices on most gunshow things online or local like bi-mart. But you don't get the social experience and great hotdogs served by the older lady with the big smile ;)

8) milsurp rifle prices: zowee. You have to be careful and really shop. One guy was trying to pass off a SWLE in .303 Brit with a smooth bore barrel.

9) two different tables with very clean almost unused 1952 romanian mosin M44s. $100 spread in prices. I'm kicking myself I didn't get the one priced at $125.

10) wow. what a spread on mosin nagant generic 91/30 prices in general. Some sellers are out of touch on what these guns bring. No - a 91/30 in so so shape is NOT a $300 gun. Sorry.

11) SKSs - prices have gone up. Chinese norinco SKS (like mine) $350.

12) I picked up a nice K31 - yay :)

13) I picked up some GP-11 ammo to feed the K31 yay :)

I agree with what you said. It was a slow show, but remember... That was Wes's first show, and he's got ALOT of work to do before the next one.

The VERY first time I met him, he won me over when he told a security gaurd to back down and stop being so harsh to the dealers trying to unload their cars in the rain. It was one of those moment's you wish would happen.. and he stood up, said it and won me as a customer. I'll be doing his shows again.

Yes, it was slow, and a bad show for many vendors, but there were many good deals to be found, such as sub 200.00 7.62x39 and 5.45 going for LESS than online prices even before shipping.

I'm glad you're happy with the K31 btw. Glad you Bought it.

Give Wes some time and trust me, the shows in General will be good. (once advertising picks up and people start knowing where to check online for the shows.)

Also remember...when less people show up, the prices go down. Good deals can be found especially if you haggle. (don't lowball, but don't be afraid to try.)

+1 to the K31 :) Thanks Jason.

and I'm probably regretting the mosin - but another day.

on Sunday I sensed frustration around the vendor tables - guys were packing up what I thought was very early. Signs popping up on tables - "make an offer" etc. Was actually a good show to have gone with lots of cash - which I didn't have.

A good difference I noticed was a seating/eating area near the center of the south side so us old guys could take a break without having to go out to the lobby.

Often there are only a couple of picnic tables, always full around noon.

Comfortable seats wherever there is empty wall space would be nice.

Bruce

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR