JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ive been a member here for quite a long time. Not many posts. But I'm here reading almost daily. Bought a few guns here. Sold one or two. I paid/got paid a reasonable price. But Ive noticed higher than retail prices on what I'm looking for. Brand new Stag lowers go for $300.00. RRA uppers go for 525. These are factory new assemblies. I'm seeing bottom of the barrel budget parts garage builds asking $850.00 and more. Bargin basement I can get new @ Wally World for 650.
That's everywhere.. it's a mindset and human.. Hey, I bolted all this fancy bling on my Harley so now it's worth $65,000. uhm no. no way. they try but I ain't buyin.. it's fun to see them try and some do buy for whatever reason.. I don't care

I will agree with the crazy prices as a result of sucker/hype purchases I.E. "assault rifles" people paid too much for now there ads read.... "I have (example) 1,500 in to this DPMS sport so I need to sell for a meager 1,400"..."I'm taking a loss here" <<<< Gee, ya think?

Or that unconverted Saiga 12 for 900?.... I have seen them at a supplier recently for <600.

I just chuckle and carry on.

If you do care about your/our 2A rights you get informed and you get involved.
NWFA is a plethora of info and updates both locally and nationally.

Were you at the Rally Jan. 19th? This year or the last?
Were you at your last town hall meeting, how about the other rallies that show true support for our rights other than just signing up for email notifications from various 2A groups?
Are you out there standing in the cold, the rain the snow (where weather applies)?
Are you doing your part for use of shooting on public land and cleaning up, even if its not your mess?
Are you helping others get informed?

No, you're just on here to score a cheap deal (potentially and/or flip it for profit.)

Hungry for social interaction? LOL.
If sharing stories, tips, ideas and info to my fellow brothers in arms and potential survival network is hungry for social interaction, then yes Im starving.

Am I a contributing member? Not yet. However I co-own my own business and have to honor financial business obligations (bills, taxes, equipment) before I can cut loose some of the firearm fund.

Is a 1000 post count what I consider a lot? Not even close, some members on here are near 2-3000. However.. Under a 100.. Even on other forums limits your forum abilities, networking potential and gains you no respect especially acting like a big know it all and coming out like a rabid dog throwing around slanderous accusations because you were having a financial temper-tantrum and not able to haggle loose that next toy you had your eye on.

As for my chronic use.. Its called a smart phone and email alerts.
Because Im a journey man. In between jobs I have time, That time is spent on this site and a few others. :) glad I could clear that up for you.

YES < ALL OF THE ABOVE !

If you think gun prices are high now..........just wait until next year. I am willing to bet that the prices you see this year will seem like a deal come next year.

Darn, hit the wrong button. Meant to also say.....

I got a few good deals here. I check here, a few LGSs that carry used guns, Gunbroker.com & few of the online retailers. To be honest I find more deals than I have money.

Now if you go looking for a good deal on a popular gun.... Well, good luck with that.

On the post count, I guess I just lurk a lot. I check the new posts at least 2 or 3 times a day. Not really looking for a good deal. Just seeing that's up. Think there a lot of members that do the same. Alway check the humor thread if there is something new. :)

Don

Are there overpriced guns listed here? YUP! Are there good deals listed here? YUP! If I see an ad that has a wacky price I move on faster than a fat man attacks an all you can eat buffet!:dinner:Gary

I agree with both over-priced and good priced guns being sold here.

I only say that because i saw a used XDs 9mm for sale for retail price, but apparently that's a good rate and they're a hundred dollars more for the going rate.....

Yeah...

That's everywhere.. it's a mindset and human.. Hey, I bolted all this fancy bling on my Harley so now it's worth $65,000. uhm no. no way. they try but I ain't buyin.. it's fun to see them try and some do buy for whatever reason.. I don't care

Ding, ding, ding...we have a winner! You hit the nail on the head. After the guys who had all their personal touches/options to the gun and then claim it doubles the value, my favorites are the ones that like to include 500 or more rounds of ammo to help justify what they want for the gun. I've hit some of them up, telling them to take off the $400 they think the ammo is worth, and I'll pay them market value for it. For the record, Armslist & GB are a lot worse than here.

Capitalism is great! Freedom to sell the things that belong to us for any amount we wish is the way it should be! The current market will determine if the asking price is correct.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

I too have purchased a couple guns and other items off the forum and they were great deals. You have to pick and choose, most guys are negotiable and I would rather help out a fellow gun guy than walmart.

I appreciate that Northwest Firearms has discussions and pro second amendment forums but Firearms prices on here are Generally insane. I realize that whenever it doesn't cost anything to list an item there isn't an incentive to sell. From my point of view as a guy who likes to buy used guns, it looks like most people just put a high price on their guns and hope somebody is dumb enough to pay it. Just my .02 cents

If you think Northwest has high prices check out http://phoenix.backpage.com/SportsEquipForSale/

in the sporting goods section you'll find much higher prices on everything
Lucky Gunner sells 22lr ammo for 26 cents a round too!
One nut is trying to trade his AK-47 for an FN PS90 & straight across too!

I appreciate that Northwest Firearms has discussions and pro second amendment forums but Firearms prices on here are Generally insane. I realize that whenever it doesn't cost anything to list an item there isn't an incentive to sell. From my point of view as a guy who likes to buy used guns, it looks like most people just put a high price on their guns and hope somebody is dumb enough to pay it. Just my .02 cents

So what do you suggest? Ban all classified ads on NWF ?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top