JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Look at it tjis way, if you list an item for $100, you will never get $101, but if you list it for $150, you may sell it for $110. The first gun I sold here was a Colt Govt 380 modl 70 SS
for $500. Sold it to the first reply to my ad. The next few replys were for trades worth much more than that, but alas I promised it to the first person -- lesson learned. So my take on the high asking price is if you don't think it's worth the ask, make an offer. Either you get it or someone who wants it more will get it. (that may be the person who has it!)

^^ This.

I know for myself, I'll list an item for higher than I'm expecting to get. After years on various forums, my experience is people want to feel like they got a deal. If I list an item, for even below market value, people want to haggle. They'll walk if I don't. So it forces me to raise my asking price just so they can haggle and feel like they got a deal. I'll typically list something for slightly higher than market value. So I don't doubt that some look at my ads and think I'm crazy for what I'm asking.

I've sold or bought like 20 firearms on NWF over the past several years. Once I decide to sell a weapon, I usually price it to sell, not to have to bump the stupid thing to the top 10 times and not get a nibble. I give good deals to people and generally have had the same experience in the other direction. I factor into my prices the time and effort it takes to get somebody to pay new prices for a used firearm, because that's what it is -- used. Even if it's LNIB, which most of mine are, you often aren't getting the warranty to go with it. I refuse to sell guns that I've had trouble with to individual buyers, even if they've been sent in and repaired. I'll sell them or trade them to a dealer that way, but only after the repair has been done and with full disclosure. I like my 100 percent positive score. The other thing that you get from selling and swapping firearms is the opportunity to meet the people on this forum face to face. It's been a great experience getting to talk to other enthusiasts, if only briefly. The final thing that nobody factors in is that you can get a like new used firearm, even if it's priced for what it's advertised on-line, without paying shipping, taxes, insurance, credit card fees (up to 3% now) and the other nickel-and-dime crap that on-line dealers and even local dealers have to slap on you to stay in business. So, it ain't the same at all, at least in my opinion.

I been horse trading since I was 12 years old, that's been 39 years now. Started with books and coins and when I got older started going to the gun shows with my grandpa who was in WW2 and then 31 years with the Vancouver PD. One thing for sure, I don't want anyone dictating what to sell someone's stuff for, sometimes it's high, sometimes it's low but that's the fun of it looking for what you want and haggeling. If you don't like the price just close the add and move on down the road to the next one. I love the free market, meeting people and sometimes finding a bargain. To those that get bent because they think somethings too expensive, lifes too short to get worked up over something so small :) Just my two cents worth.

Capitalism is great! Freedom to sell the things that belong to us for any amount we wish is the way it should be! The current market will determine if the asking price is correct.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Yahtzee

I could not agree more.

If your looking for a great deal - its here. If you want to see WAY overpriced items for sale, its here too. (Think someone already said that).

:cool:

My best advice would be looking people's feedback and most of all POST COUNT!
If they have 3 posts they are probably price gouging.

People that do a lot of dealing don't usually go buy a gun then turn around and try to make money, or come on here when libs get gun grab crazy and try to sell for a quick buck.

Every gun i've bought on here I got a great deal on.

ZA just hit the nail on the head.....with a sledgehammer baby!
Very much so. There is not a comparison between those sites and this one. I can come here and have intelligent conversation while I have a gun listed or while I am satisfied with the guns I have. I look at the site more of a forum but sell and buy here because most are fair. I ignore the used Glocks going for the same price I can go to fishermans or any store and pay and look for other people who know that as with a car unless it is a collectible it does not have the same value it did new.

I know for myself, I'll list an item for higher than I'm expecting to get. After years on various forums, my experience is people want to feel like they got a deal. If I list an item, for even below market value, people want to haggle. They'll walk if I don't. So it forces me to raise my asking price just so they can haggle and feel like they got a deal. I'll typically list something for slightly higher than market value. So I don't doubt that some look at my ads and think I'm crazy for what I'm asking.

I've found this to be necessary here too -- about 50% of the time. I've had people low-ball me on deals that I've set up that were way below market value, and then when I point that out to them, they reply "well, I had to try". So for every insultingly high price, there is at least one insultingly low offer. But I guess everyone "has to try". And personally, I don't take any of it personally.

If I'm selling a gun because I'm bored with it, then a low price and quick sale may be the goal. If I'm selling a gun because I'm out of work and can see that if all things remain the same, two months out I won't be able to pay rent, then I have to try and get what I can for it. Market economics meets personal economics. It's all just numbers.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top