JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Armslist has been taken over by out of state dealers and their unrealistic prices is the result.
A few years back, I noticed that Armslist sellers generally lived in more upscale neighborhoods, like Lake Oswego, Wilsonville, etc.

OutdoorsTrader I found, was more of the blue collar crowd (think Nickle Ads) and the prices were more in line with the real world.

NWF on the other hand, was somewhat in the middle, especially with the members ability to comment on the ads.
It seems to keep the out of state dealers and their gouging prices at bay.

Try looking up ammo/firearm ads on "Backpage" sometime for a good laugh.

I agree - dont like the price move on - its a free market. What I dont understand is you take your new pistol, shotgun, rifle out shooting - the gun is no longer new or lnib - it has been shot and used. The gun maybe in 99% but it is now a used firearm.

I agree - dont like the price move on - its a free market. What I dont understand is you take your new pistol, shotgun, rifle out shooting - the gun is no longer new or lnib - it has been shot and used. The gun maybe in 99% but it is now a used firearm.

If that is your definition of used there are no new guns, because they are all test fired at the respective manufacturers before they leave for the retail outlets.

It's called "Perceived Value".
If you walked into a gun store and saw two identical firearms, both priced exactly the same, but, one is in an unopened factory box and the other one has been sold, taken out of the box and a couple of rounds fired, then thoroughly cleaned and returned to the store in the original box.
Which one would you buy. Most people would choose the factory sealed box.
Even if you couldn't detect which one was the unopened factory one, it's human nature to want to get more in the deal.
Personally, I would try and talk down the price of the used one, just to save some money.

If that is your definition of used there are no new guns, because they are all test fired at the respective manufacturers before they leave for the retail outlets.

Wrong, shot at the factory is one thing - shot after it is purchased is used.

Nope, shot is shot. They are all used :)
The best guns I have ever bought are used :)

Actually most brand new guns come with some sort of quality control test - once a pistol has been purchased then shot it is used and cannot be sold as new. Kind of like once an auto has been sold and driven off the lot - it is not new any longer. I do agree with your statement that some of the best are used.

According to the NRA - NEW: Not previously sold at retail, in same condition as current factory production. So the simple fact that it was sold at retail would make it no longer new - I am even more lenient than the NRA on that.

Actually most brand new guns come with some sort of quality control test - once a pistol has been purchased then shot it is used and cannot be sold as new. Kind of like once an auto has been sold and driven off the lot - it is not new any longer. I do agree with your statement that some of the best are used.

Yep, new is just semantics.

Nope, shot is shot. They are all used :)
The best guns I have ever bought are used :)

I beg to differ.
Part of the manufacturing process is to test fire the firearm at the factory. It's then inspected, cleaned, wrapped up and then sealed into the shipping box.
A person buys the firearm (let's make it a Colt 1911 model 70 Gold Cup) and stores it in a closet for over 30 years.
It comes up for sale as new, never used or fired, still in the shipping box, in perfect condition.
Next to it, also for sale, is the same model & year gun, used (a couple of rounds), but in excellent condition. Which do you think will sell for more.

I've been on this forum, for 5 years now. I've seen some stupid priced firearms, ammo and accessories, but just click to the next one. I've also made some great deals. More of them have been fair deals. I've also sold a bunch of stuff here, but I try to be realistic in my pricing.
Just like the old days when Gov McCall said, "This is Oregon, now go home", if you don't like what you see, leave.
I don't mean leave the forum, but leave that ad. There's lots of stuff that will pop up for sale here. I agree that mostly it's the newer members that want too much for the item they're selling, but not always.
Anyway, quit whining. don't like it? Then happiness is only a click away.

I beg to differ.
Part of the manufacturing process is to test fire the firearm at the factory. It's then inspected, cleaned, wrapped up and then sealed into the shipping box.
A person buys the firearm (let's make it a Colt 1911 model 70 Gold Cup) and stores it in a closet for over 30 years.
It comes up for sale as new, never used or fired, still in the shipping box, in perfect condition.
Next to it, also for sale, is the same model & year gun, used (a couple of rounds), but in excellent condition. Which do you think will sell for more.

Duh, the one that's not been fired after leaving the factory. But I'd buy the other cuz I'm gonna shoot the he!! out of it!

I appreciate that Northwest Firearms has discussions and pro second amendment forums but Firearms prices on here are Generally insane. I realize that whenever it doesn't cost anything to list an item there isn't an incentive to sell. From my point of view as a guy who likes to buy used guns, it looks like most people just put a high price on their guns and hope somebody is dumb enough to pay it. Just my .02 cents

Not to worry - After 5 positive feedbacks and 500 posts you'll get the secret handshake and a coupon for 50%! :cool:
Actually - I have bought and sold on here and have got some ok deals and some awesome deals on Firearms and other items. Like you said - Don't be dumb.

I beg to differ.

Honestly, I would pay more for the one with the best trigger feel.

Gosh what a whiner, I have a used 10/22 only want 50.00 over what bi mart is charging also a trade in glock 22 for 600.00 comes with a crappy unkle mikes holster though also a super tactical sks in a tapco "chassis" 599.00 FIRM!

I look at the prices here and other places and then look at what's in my safe and think damn I need to up my insurance to replacement value, particularly when I look at manufacturers new list price. Long gone are the days when a Springfield Arms 1911 could be bought in kit form for $169.00. Deals are deals that's what free trade is, how bad do you want it vs. how bad do they want to sell it. Fortunately IMHO the economy is doing better generally so there are a lot less "got to sell this today or I'll lose my house" sales. Good for us that like fair trade, not so good for buy low sell high flippers.

Look at it tjis way, if you list an item for $100, you will never get $101, but if you list it for $150, you may sell it for $110. The first gun I sold here was a Colt Govt 380 modl 70 SS
for $500. Sold it to the first reply to my ad. The next few replys were for trades worth much more than that, but alas I promised it to the first person -- lesson learned. So my take on the high asking price is if you don't think it's worth the ask, make an offer. Either you get it or someone who wants it more will get it. (that may be the person who has it!)

t

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads