JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I appreciate that Northwest Firearms has discussions and pro second amendment forums but Firearms prices on here are Generally insane. I realize that whenever it doesn't cost anything to list an item there isn't an incentive to sell. From my point of view as a guy who likes to buy used guns, it looks like most people just put a high price on their guns and hope somebody is dumb enough to pay it. Just my .02 cents

Hmm, interesting take on it. I see deals all of the time but then again I guess it all depends on what you're looking for. Yes, there are those who put a premium price on not so premium goods. But that happens everywhere. But for most of the people who have a good number of posts, I see a lot of reasonableness. I think that most of the overpriced stuff comes from those who just come here to post classifieds. The people who actually have built a community are much more reasonable. At least that's the way I've noticed it.

Prices will very depending on location. Unfortunately in the NW we have some of the higher gun prices in the country, and that translates to used prices too.

When I list a gun for sale I always say OBO, but that doesn't mean i'm willing to take 50% of my price either.

I follow some firearms auctions on Gunbroker. My observation is that if the starting price is really high and there is a reserve generally there will no bids on the item. I've noted that penny auctions with no reserve generally draw many bids and the selling price is usually at a market price. I suspect the same would happen on the NWF site and if items have too high a price then no one will buy them.

To each his own as far as prices go......
I have made a few purchases on here at what I thought were reasonable prices.....I have also sold a few at what must have been thought of as reasonable prices.

If all the prices are the same and items are actually selling, then that is pretty much what the market is for that firearm.

It's possible that the specific items you are looking for have started garnering more interest from a wider audience, which will push the price up.

elsie

I've bought a few guns off here and got good prices on all of them. Just depends on what you're looking for. The panic has a lot to do with the prices being a little more than they used to be. plus you have account for inflation and peoples perceived value of guns. SKS's used to run about 200 to 300 at most when i first started visiting this forum and now people regularly post them for 400 or more. I believe the market still has some stabilization to do before things are back to normal but i also believe that some things will stay at higher prices. My .02 cents

Usually the amount of posts has a direct relationship to the prices.....Newer, mystery, phantom member with low post count usually equals high prices....

The regulars here with high post numbers usually equal trustworthy and fair prices....

If you're a flipper, from what I've seen, not much meat is left for you much of the time. Go cry to Mommy. Don't be a flipper and don't cry to Mommy.
Plus, this is a gun forum that happens to have classifieds, not the other way round.
I've not been to those other sites but the names alone tell me they solely exist to sell guns. whatever

Hey now, do NOT lump NWFA into the Armslist, Gunbroker and Outdoorstrader category.

If you'll notice a LOT of the "higher prices" listed on here for mags, ammo, firearms and accessories are from NEW members or occasional Buyers/Sellers. However if for the most part you compared prices from NWFA (of chronic users :)) to like firearms at your local gun store its generally cheaper here. Not to mention our ITRADER system! Which is fantastic.

However, to come on here with only 45 posts and a 2-100% feedback score I can only assume you haven't really enjoyed all of what NWFA has to offer.. But rather you just want cheap bubblegum and when you cant buy quality firearms that are reasonably priced (generally) for mere pennies you want to bubblegum and whine about it? Am I close?

Perhaps contribute to the NWFA community more before you lump us all into the scammer/flipping/ free market panic selling category like on AL, GB and ODT.

Hey now, do NOT lump NWFA into the Armslist, Gunbroker and Outdoorstrader category.

If you'll notice a LOT of the "higher prices" listed on here for mags, ammo, firearms and accessories are from NEW members or occasional Buyers/Sellers. However if for the most part you compared prices from NWFA (of chronic users :)) to like firearms at your local gun store its generally cheaper here. Not to mention our ITRADER system! Which is fantastic.

However, to come on here with only 45 posts and a 2-100% feedback score I can only assume you haven't really enjoyed all of what NWFA has to offer.. But rather you just want cheap bubblegum and when you cant buy quality firearms that are reasonably priced (generally) for mere pennies you want to bubblegum and whine about it? Am I close?

Perhaps contribute to the NWFA community more before you lump us all into the scammer/flipping/ free market panic selling category like on AL, GB and ODT.

ZA just hit the nail on the head.....with a sledgehammer baby!

Well, wasn't this a post inviting discussion? So if you join in October and have over 1400 posts are you really contributing or are you just hovering and starved for human interaction. I don't care about the Bronco's, don't watch Seattle football, don't care about Hillary or the U.S losing Naval superiority in the Pacific. I do care about second amendment issues and being able to buy the guns I like at a non-retail price. So if you want to bash me for only having 45 posts, have at it. But for the record. I have been out of my mom's basement this year

Well, wasn't this a post inviting discussion? So if you join in October and have over 1400 posts are you really contributing or are you just hovering and starved for human interaction. I don't care about the Bronco's, don't watch Seattle football, don't care about Hillary or the U.S losing Naval superiority in the Pacific. I do care about second amendment issues and being able to buy the guns I like at a non-retail price. So if you want to bash me for only having 45 posts, have at it. But for the record. I have been out of my mom's basement this year

dave,

No one is bashing you....so please, if some of the posts come off a little gruff just let it slide. Not throwing you into "that group" there has been a lot of phantom members with post counts of 2 or 10 or less that have come on, posted a lot of gear for sale at high prices and raised some red flags.
You're welcome here....we're just speaking in generalities and tone/sarcasm, etc. are never well reflected on a forum. sorry.

If you do care about your/our 2A rights you get informed and you get involved.
NWFA is a plethora of info and updates both locally and nationally.

Were you at the Rally Jan. 19th? This year or the last?
Were you at your last town hall meeting, how about the other rallies that show true support for our rights other than just signing up for email notifications from various 2A groups?
Are you out there standing in the cold, the rain the snow (where weather applies)?
Are you doing your part for use of shooting on public land and cleaning up, even if its not your mess?
Are you helping others get informed?

No, you're just on here to score a cheap deal (potentially and/or flip it for profit.)

Hungry for social interaction? LOL.
If sharing stories, tips, ideas and info to my fellow brothers in arms and potential survival network is hungry for social interaction, then yes Im starving.

Am I a contributing member? Not yet. However I co-own my own business and have to honor financial business obligations (bills, taxes, equipment) before I can cut loose some of the firearm fund.

Is a 1000 post count what I consider a lot? Not even close, some members on here are near 2-3000. However.. Under a 100.. Even on other forums limits your forum abilities, networking potential and gains you no respect especially acting like a big know it all and coming out like a rabid dog throwing around slanderous accusations because you were having a financial temper-tantrum and not able to haggle loose that next toy you had your eye on.

As for my chronic use.. Its called a smart phone and email alerts.
Because Im a journey man. In between jobs I have time, That time is spent on this site and a few others. :) glad I could clear that up for you.

dave,

No one is bashing you....so please, if some of the posts come off a little gruff just let it slide. Not throwing you into "that group" there has been a lot of phantom members with post counts of 2 or 10 or less that have come on, posted a lot of gear for sale at high prices and raised some red flags.
You're welcome here....we're just speaking in generalities and tone/sarcasm, etc. are never well reflected on a forum. sorry.

Agreed. Most of what I say even if stern is not at all meant to be in a gruff manor but rather light hearted banter. There is a few political threads here that have this same back and forth but when it comes down to it, right, left, new member or hungry social interaction deprived member.. we all support the same cause.

But what Simon said, there are trolls that come on here just to start stuff or scam folks and we quickly come to dish it right back.. But its all in good fun, or at least it should be taken that way.

My apologies for being so quick to draw the sword and the crass tone.

Ive been a member here for quite a long time. Not many posts. But I'm here reading almost daily. Bought a few guns here. Sold one or two. I paid/got paid a reasonable price. But Ive noticed higher than retail prices on what I'm looking for. Brand new Stag lowers go for $300.00. RRA uppers go for 525. These are factory new assemblies. I'm seeing bottom of the barrel budget parts garage builds asking $850.00 and more. Bargin basement I can get new @ Wally World for 650.

I appreciate that Northwest Firearms has discussions and pro second amendment forums but Firearms prices on here are Generally insane. I realize that whenever it doesn't cost anything to list an item there isn't an incentive to sell. From my point of view as a guy who likes to buy used guns, it looks like most people just put a high price on their guns and hope somebody is dumb enough to pay it. Just my .02 cents

agree with you op.

I just go to the classified here for a good laugh.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top