JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Thanks for posting this. Back in 2002-03, many folks organized Bill of Rights Defense Committees to repeal the USA Patriot Act. We launched initiatives to pass local community resolutions calling for the Patriot Act's repeal. At the time most, but not all of the folks involved were on the 'left'. By 2004 many of us concluded - incorrectly it turns out - that our time would be better spent defeating Republican legislators and voting in a Democratic President.
At the time most conservatives and 2A supporters (but not all - Grover Norquist for onel) were solidly behind the Bush administration on the Patriot Act.
I wonder if the time has come to re-visit this tactic - a coalition of real liberals who are willing to fight the administration, libertarians, and pro 2A supporters would be a powerful mix.
In 2003 the FBI had spokespeople traipsing around to small towns all over the state to make sure local electeds towed the line against these local resolutions. So we definitely got their attention and concern.

I,ll agree we have areas we can agree upon, where you lose me is when democracy is supported both in your 1st post and in your link. I will support and join those who believe in the individuals rights and our Constitutional Republic...

I,ll agree we have areas we can agree upon, where you lose me is when democracy is supported both in your 1st post and in your link. I will support and join those who believe in the individuals rights and our Constitutional Republic...

Theoretically, we'd have to find a way to agree to disagree...

Under bush's 2nd term with a democratic controlled congress why did they 1 impeach and or repeal the patriot act? The results speak for themselves. So asking the fox protecting the hen house, not really the way to go.

Under bush's 2nd term with a democratic controlled congress why did they 1 impeach and or repeal the patriot act? The results speak for themselves. So asking the fox protecting the hen house, not really the way to go.

Agreed - the fox is in the hen house. The situation is more complicated than either partisans would like to believe. Within the Democratic coalition there are power-trippers like Feinstein and Schumer, and Obama, and there are believers in the constitution. Same with the Republican coalition, which produced the Patriot Act in the first place. How do the believers in the Bill of Rights work together? Is it even possible? If it's possible, then we have a duty to try.

Agreed - the fox is in the hen house. The situation is more complicated than either partisans would like to believe. Within the Democratic coalition there are power-trippers like Feinstein and Schumer, and Obama, and there are believers in the constitution. Same with the Republican coalition, which produced the Patriot Act in the first place. How do the believers in the Bill of Rights work together? Is it even possible? If it's possible, then we have a duty to try.

There is some kind of serious threat that obummochev has made to the house and senate. They know something we dont and that is the only answer to why he has not been impeached already. Something far more evil at work here.

There is some kind of serious threat that obummochev has made to the house and senate. They know something we dont and that is the only answer to why he has not been impeached already. Something far more evil at work here.

I would disagree. As Noam Chomsky says - the conspiracy is on the front page of the NY Times. We see that intelligence has been privatized and let out for contracts. Members of the House and Senate Intelligence Com., that are supposed to do oversight, are out there competing for the contracts to come to their constituencies and contributors. Oversight's the last thing on their minds. Same with the House and Senate leadership. It's called 'regulatory capture' and it works the same way for thieving banks, oil companies, or 'intelligence' contractors. That and the temptation to gain unassailable power in the name of 'national security'.

I would love to be a fly on the wall of your skull so I could see exactly how your gears turn.

I would disagree. As Noam Chomsky says - the conspiracy is on the front page of the NY Times. We see that intelligence has been privatized and let out for contracts. Members of the House and Senate Intelligence Com., that are supposed to do oversight, are out there competing for the contracts to come to their constituencies and contributors. Oversight's the last thing on their minds. Same with the House and Senate leadership. It's called 'regulatory capture' and it works the same way for thieving banks, oil companies, or 'intelligence' contractors. That and the temptation to gain unassailable power in the name of 'national security'.

Sounds like the downside of making government smaller. There are certain things the .gov should do but contracting out some of this intelligence work doesn't seem to be a very bright move to me.

What a wonderful source for information.... another Communist....

Noam Chomsky: Unrepentant Stalinist

http://archive.frontpagemag.com/readArticle.aspx?ARTID=13485

Based on there own words and behavior I don't see how anyone can come to this conclusion. Great that you bypassed the comment on unduing what you say republicans did on the patriot act. If they (dems) were really constitutional like obammy said in many campaign speechs about repealing the patriot act cause GB was unconstitutional in creating it. Instead of doing what he said he expanded it 10X. Without a real pushback from all Americans nothing will change. Its all lies and lip service.

Based on there own words and behavior I don't see how anyone can come to this conclusion. Great that you bypassed the comment on unduing what you say republicans did on the patriot act. If they (dems) were really constitutional like obammy said in many campaign speechs about repealing the patriot act cause GB was unconstitutional in creating it. Instead of doing what he said he expanded it 10X. Without a real pushback from all Americans nothing will change. Its all lies and lip service.

Bingo ! You hit it dead center.

Here's where we agree. So how does this happen? By everyone becoming right wing conservatives? How about everyone becoming left wing liberals? Not gonna happen either way. So what are the common principles that different thinking folks can come together around?

Here's where we agree. So how does this happen? By everyone becoming right wing conservatives? How about everyone becoming left wing liberals? Not gonna happen either way. So what are the common principles that different thinking folks can come together around?
I would say the first thing to do, is take a hard look, and give a critical listen to, ANY POLITICIAN the mouthpiece press/lapdog media attacks.
If you turn on your evening news/commentary program, and Scott Pelly/Andrea Mitchell/Dianne Sawyer/Brian Williams are giving airtime to people that are all attacking the same someone,...
If the pop-culture fringe-politicalites like J.Stewart, Bill Mahr, Dave Letterman etc. are attacking that same person, then you KNOW you should be listening to what they say, and reading at least some of what their ideas are.

Chances are, that person is one that has ideas and convictions that scare the HE!! out of the globalists, and the puppeteers.

These news/entertainment people's track records are easily verifiable, and thus far, they have been absolutely horrible about endorsing/covering for/helping elect, many of THE WORST office holders in the country today.

You guys made my day :s0155:

NW gun activists debate possible NSA gun data collection

Northwest gun rights activists over the weekend launched a discussion about possible National Security Agency snooping into the lives of ordinary citizens, including their firearm transactions, because of a paragraph in a letter from several U.S. senators, including three from the Northwest, to the director of National Intelligence that was released last week.

<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top