JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The opposition still respects and is scared of the NRA. So I will support them for the foreseeable future. I declined the gifts and the magazines last time I renewed, everything is online now, no point to generating more trash.

You used to be able to get small discounts in certain places with an NRA Membership, same as a AAA card. That is less and less so now.

The NRA does send out a lot of ostentatious junk mail for sweepstakes and fundraisers. Lots of big envelopes with pictures of boats, F350's and AR's. So be advised, people in your household will know you have joined.

I have been watching a lot of the goings on the 2A fight lately. It seams GOA is doing a lot of the heavy lifting here lately and the NRA is just standing on the side lines watching. In fact it was just brought to my attention NRA let go 60 people and furloughed the rest also will have to take a cut in pay. While Wayne LaPierre made 2.2 million. Look into GOA they have done a lot of good here lately especially during this KungFlu crap!

Just my opinion.

I just signed up for the NRA on impulse, are there really any benefits to it? Is it legitimately worth the 45$ or would that money have been better spent on ammunition?

Pay attention to the Cabela's 2nd Amendment days. You can sign up for the NRA at a reduced rate for about $35. AND get a $25 Cabelas gift card. SO basically about $10 for a magazine subscription.

I am a life member of the NRA, but I am not going to send them any more money until there is a change in leadership. Wayne LaPierre has been there way to long and is using the organization to enrich himself.

Send your money to NRA-ILA. DON'T SCREW YOURSELVES by thinking the NRA is all of a sudden a bad outfit. Who do you think is going to stand up for our collective rights?
Powers allied against us eliminated the major reason for Trumps reelection - his economy. Now for the coup-de-grace - take out the big organization instrumental in getting him elected in the first place. I'm not saying the NRA leadership is OK as is; not saying we don't need change - just don't throw the baby out with the bath water.
If you don't support the NRA and what we've accomplished, if you are going to cast us aside in part because of the lack of oversight by the BOD members or because some officers overstepped their authority to spend money; well you made your choice and you are not on my side. I made a choice along time ago and I'm not abandoning the organization. Stay the course, help to affect the necessary changes. yours for the second..

Send your money to NRA-ILA. DON'T SCREW YOURSELVES by thinking the NRA is all of a sudden a bad outfit. Who do you think is going to stand up for our collective rights?
Powers allied against us eliminated the major reason for Trumps reelection - his economy. Now for the coup-de-grace - take out the big organization instrumental in getting him elected in the first place. I'm not saying the NRA leadership is OK as is; not saying we don't need change - just don't throw the baby out with the bath water.
If you don't support the NRA and what we've accomplished, if you are going to cast us aside in part because of the lack of oversight by the BOD members or because some officers overstepped their authority to spend money; well you made your choice and you are not on my side. I made a choice along time ago and I'm not abandoning the organization. Stay the course, help to affect the necessary changes. yours for the second..
I maybe wrong but what have they done in the last few years or better yet during the plandemic? GOA hasn't seem to slow down. They have been winning cases all over the nation. Reopening closed gun shops and stopping bad laws and moneys from being back doored in relief fund bills. NRA can't even stop what's happening in the state their own headquarters are located in.
Just saying.

I maybe wrong but what have they done in the last few years or better yet during the plandemic? GOA hasn't seem to slow down. They have been winning cases all over the nation. Reopening closed gun shops and stopping bad laws and moneys from being back doored in relief fund bills. NRA can't even stop what's happening in the state their own headquarters are located in.
Just saying.

As I posted elsewhere, GOA must have a really underfunded public relations arm, because I never read anything in a publication about what they are doing or have done. I'm not against them, I have friends that belong, just saying they need to be more recognized.

As for the NRA, I still believe they can be the big dog they are supposed to be... 5M members should be a large wedge against the antis politically. Used to be politicians would run scared. We need to make that happen again. And tho I parted with them decades ago, I would consider supporting their political and legal efforts as long as I can skip all the junk mail pandering and paying for LP's suits and shoes.

As I posted elsewhere, GOA must have a really underfunded public relations arm, because I never read anything in a publication about what they are doing or have done. I'm not against them, I have friends that belong, just saying they need to be more recognized.

As for the NRA, I still believe they can be the big dog they are supposed to be... 5M members should be a large wedge against the antis politically. Used to be politicians would run scared. We need to make that happen again. And tho I parted with them decades ago, I would consider supporting their political and legal efforts as long as I can skip all the junk mail pandering and paying for LP's suits and shoes.
I'm a member of GOA. I get monthly and emergency email updates on cases that they have won also electronic petitions to sign and send to the House and senate. I should go back though my emails and post a bunch so people can see what GOA is all about.

GOA is not the same as GOAL. I support the latter. The only other organization I know of that has any clout is the Gottliebs RKBA - but even they only meet with success about 50% of the time. Takes money to win on these issues - a lot of money. When our side looses a battle, the money donated by folks usually dries up for quite a while. Better oversight perhaps in part through revising the bylaws stipulating caps on $ spent for non-2nd amendment issues.

Last Edited:
I am a life member of the NRA, but I am not going to send them any more money until there is a change in leadership. Wayne LaPierre has been there way to long and is using the organization to enrich himself.

Ditto.

Where was the NRA when it would only have cost a couple of lawyers to contest parts of SB941 to get exemptions for CHL holders and 03FFls?

Where was the NRA when I1639 should have been driven all the way to the Sate Supreme Court?

Where is the NRA now when (hard numbers are difficult to find) if only the NRA members in Oregon signed the current Recall Kate petition it would take it over half way to the ballot?

Are they really doing anything at all on the national stage that is useful? Reciprocal Carry? Hearing Act?

I am a life member because I want to be counted among those '5 Million Strong', but until they show me something besides bickering, and blowing stupid money, they will not see another dime of my money. SAF has received all of my donations since 2018.

I find the threatening, wheedling, and argumentative tone of the letters and emails from NRA-ILA a very cold and uninteresting contrast to the concise explanations of what has been done, what is being done, and what can be done, that I get from SAF.

Your mileage may vary

Well, only reason I signed up was access to the gun ranges here, so I guess check your local ranges for that little requirement and see if you can finally get access.

You will now, at least monthly, receive the best of cutting-edge (for the 1960's) scare-tactic marketing techniques combined with late-night infomercial sales pitches, complete with "bonus" Chinese made crap. (I chose the knife door prize and was quite let down that such an "American" company would send such shoddy, outsourced crap. Better nothing at all...)

So, welcome!

I'm a member of GOA. I get monthly and emergency email updates on cases that they have won also electronic petitions to sign and send to the House and senate. I should go back though my emails and post a bunch so people can see what GOA is all about.

That'd be great!

I just wish that I was seeing more about their activities in general publications/news. I don't take sports/hunting mags where I might see more of them.

NRA Life. I belong to other organizations too. I think we need them all. The NRA has suffered from infighting before and it struggled before it cleaned house. I think every organization goes thru these stages. Even the US Army.
But one thing the NRA is still good for is drawing fire off of the other organizations. IMO, we need everyone in this fight. The media is against us and that is a very powerful force. We need everyone.

For people with their heart set on donating to the NRA, you can donate to the specific part that funds pro-2A litigation (which hopefully doesn't go toward Wayne's suits):

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top