JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
How is it out there? How many burkas did you see? (From now on, at least according to this thread, that is how we shall quantify the state of... states, by burkas)

-Robert
Holy cow (no pun's intended) but there is a large number of them, and Amish. We are actually staying in MI for the JR Olympics precision rifle with my 14yo daughter. It's extremely clean on the highways and well kept. No "woke" crap to be seen anywhere. I could see myself moving to a place like this to escape the laughing stock that the NW has become. We've talked to hundreds of people the past couple days and there is a common theme when they ask where we are from, they all apologize for us, LOL. I keep telling them that we know it sux but we are all too dumb out there to do anything about it, lol.

If the store has someone at the door asking for a card? I will print one up and flash it. Whoever gets the job of seeing the stupid card is not going to know the difference and most will not care. Flash a card and they will wave you past. Now airlines? The TSA will be doing it and they will look a little closer of course.
Promoting fraud? Hmm. Seems easier to just receive the life saving vaccine.

Good lord. Vaccination cards required? What's next? Papers to cross state lines?

Sounds like more than one communist country.

How does anyone know the vaccine even works? We JUST got another Extreme Risk lift for 15 counties here in Oregon. Well after the vaccine's distribution. It's been available for pretty much anyone for weeks here (April 18th I think). So again, how does anyone know it works? Because .gov said so?? I mean really, this is scary stuff. Complete government oversight and control.
Because of extensive testing, research, and a long history of formulating vaccines for other coronavirus variants. They didn't have to reinvent the wheel despite it being a novel virus.

How is it out there? How many burkas did you see? (From now on, at least according to this thread, that is how we shall quantify the state of... states, by burkas)

-Robert
It goes both ways. I actively avoid places constantly reminding people of the "correct" religion and their beliefs. Instead of burkas they wear a smug look and often a "talk to the manager" haircut. Often they only drive American but don't know their Chevy is Mexican. Blatant racism/intolerance is another great American trait and TOTALLY belongs on this forum, I believe it's inscribed at the base of Lady Liberty...

It goes both ways. I actively avoid places constantly reminding people of the "correct" religion and their beliefs. Instead of burkas they wear a smug look and often a "talk to the manager" haircut. Often they only drive American but don't know their Chevy is Mexican. Blatant racism/intolerance is another great American trait and TOTALLY belongs on this forum, I believe it's inscribed at the base of Lady Liberty...
Yawn!!!! Can't we all just get along, I mean grow a spine and live like we used to?

Yawn!!!! Can't we all just get along, I mean grow a spine and live like we used to
I get along with pretty much anybody regardless of their religion or race. A public forum with (probably) people of all types doesn't need racism/xenophobia. People used to form lynch mobs, but maybe you meant go back a little less far? Maybe my wife wears a burka and now I won't be donating to this forum any longer? Things to think about.

I get along with pretty much anybody regardless of their religion or race. A public forum with (probably) people of all types doesn't need racism/xenophobia. People used to form lynch mobs, but maybe you meant go back a little less far? Maybe my wife wears a burka and now I won't be donating to this forum any longer? Things to think about.
:rolleyes:
Well maybe she does, You need to stop being offended by minor things.
Your in America. We dont go to iran and expect them to act american.

Being offended is a choice. You can choose to be offended by every little thing. Or you can choose to see the Sarcasm in his comments.
people who are offended by everything ARE the problem! i defend your right to feel that way AND speak your side. But i also defend his right to do the same.

FWIW i think most of his comments were totally flame bait. And wont miss him. But BOTH of you lumped this ENTIRE forum up as if it were one individual guilty of all these "crimes"
Put away the soap boxes.

This thread needs to wither away.

Last Edited:
:rolleyes:
Well maybe she does, You need to stop being offended by minor things.
Your in America. We dont go to iran and expect them to act american.

Being offended is a choice. You can choose to be offended by every little thing. Or you can choose to see the Sarcasm in his comments.
people who offended by everything ARE the problem! i defend your right to feel that way AND speak your side. But i also defend his right to do the same.

FWIW i think most of his comments were totally flame bait. And wont miss him. But BOTH of you lumped this ENTIRE forum up as if it were one individual guilty of all these "crimes"
Put away the soap boxes.
Oh I'm not offended but it just doesn't belong on a public forum. That stuff belongs on parler. Next time I'll avoid the threads full of harmful health misinformation. It's just an echo chamber anyway.

Oh I'm not offended but it just doesn't belong on a public forum. That stuff belongs on parler. Next time I'll avoid the threads full of harmful health misinformation. It's just an echo chamber anyway.
Its an echo chamber on both sides.
Electrically enginerding speaking its like a resonant tank. Highly charged in polar opposite directions.
People are treating everything these days like a religious personal attack.
Religious extremism will remain to be probably one of the most contentious topic in all of history and on into the future.

Just keep your chin up. We really need to both support fellows these days. And talk em off the ledge at the same time.

I don't pretend for one second i don't need help myself in this regard.

Last Edited:
Heard a good 'prediction' tonight (on a conservative news show - however I agree with it and hope it happens) and that was by Monday most people will be shedding their masks, and and I quote, 'Like graduates flinging their mortarboards at the ceremony'

Heard a good 'prediction' tonight (on a conservative news show - however I agree with it and hope it happens) and that was by Monday most people will be shedding their masks, and and I quote, 'Like graduates flinging their mortarboards at the ceremony'
I Hope so, i feel like thats a significant factor in propping up this antifa/blm (bowel) "movements"

Still off topic here (sorry OP) but I merely responded to a comment in about something that I've personally just observed. Nothing bad, mean, or derogatory but, appearantly not "woke" enough for certain people. All I meant was, people used to be able to hear something without climbing high on a mountain to preach how righteous they are. I really wish I was as holy or perfect as they seem to be when they type away without giving a second thought. Anyways, back on topic.

Do we really need another thread for this?

It's pretty simple, really. The data is in. Do you consider yourself a man of science?

Many illnesses travel through viral particles exhaled through droplets. Face coverings help to stop droplets from getting out into the wild. Some face coverings are more effective than others.

The vast majority of those who get covid will have mild symptoms. A small percent will have a very, very bad time (which may include death or long term disablement). We do not know long term complications of covid - the damage it does to the lungs or other organs may rob you of the last ten years of your life...or not...we simply don't know.

The high transmissibility of covid has led to the conclusion that there exists asymptomatic and/or presymptomatic spread.

This is the logic behind a mask: you are likely not not have a bad outcome if you get covid. You could spread it, even if mildly ill. Other people rely on you not sharing your germs. It's really that simple.

Here's an image from a previous pandemic, football game:

View attachment 883358

Wearing a face covering during widespread, transmissible illness is hardly novel.

So, why wear a mask? I guess 'cause I care more about you than you do me. That's okay, really. Kind of selfish, really, but okay.

And for the vaccine? it's a novel vaccine type: mRNA. Again, we have no idea the long term implications of this vaccine and there will be no way of knowing for another 50+ years. That's the risk.

On the other hand, we got a vaccine in what, a year? This new tech could be a game changer in the world of medicine. It's got huge potential. It's worth noting that the data for those vaccinated, currently, is such that it lessens the severity of symptoms.

As with all vaccines - you do you.

Nothing I've said should be controversial. You.Do.You.

Why are we talking about this again? It has nothing to do with 2A.
"Why are we talking about this again? It has nothing to do with 2A."

That is why it is posted in Off Topic.

I have a feeling that Queen Catherine, first of her name, ruler of the kingdom of Oregon, will decree a mask mandate regardless of what the rest of the nation does.

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads