JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@Jefsound and I are scheduled up and will be at lane 3 at 9 on Friday morning. Here's where we plan to relocate the Kiosk.

New Kiosk Location Lane 3.jpg

Did some shooting at lane 2 earlier this week. Place was a mud pit and had lots of visible trash. Picked up what I could after shooting and walked up to that middle berm, lots of trash on the backside. Only had 2 trash bags with me but was able to fill them and that was probably only half the trash that was cluttering the area.

IMG_20231018_095226_630.jpg

I have decided NOT to post, on TNL's website blog or on our social media outlets, about what I saw at the lanes yesterday. It's shameful to target shooters and a real bad look on public land recreational sport shooting. I do not want to further tear down our kind of recreation by telling and showing of the destruction, littering, dumping, lack of concern for public safety, use of illegal targets, graffiti, and little-to-no evidence of respect.

I would much rather post about how individuals are getting involved and caring for our sport on a regular basis. I'd like to show how proud we are and how we show it by keeping our shooting places in good clean condition. I'd like to show that we are respectable.

But, in hopes of prompting some motivation to cause shooters to do something about it, I'll post here because I know most of you are responsible and concerned about what's going on out there.

So, here's what I got from Friday's visit...

Lane 1. Trash throughout the entrance and lane, berm about gone, targets up the hillside, vegetation mowed down behind the backstop, and graffiti on firing line.
10-20-23 Lane 1 Trash 1.jpg
I was only able to clean up the entrance and parking area. 1 full bag.
10-20-23 Lane 1 Trash 2.jpg

Lane 2 was occupied and I wasn't able to stop and look, but did see graffiti and trash.

Lane 3 looked best from a distance, but there's so much little stuff when you actually walk the lane.
10-20-23 Lane 3 Condition.jpg 10-20-23 Lane 3 BS.jpg

[Continued in the next post, as I haven't renewed my NWFA membership yet and can't post any more than 5 photos in one post]​

Last Edited:
Lane 3 Parking area. Yard debris dump with trash mixed in.
10-20-23 Lane 3 Parking 1.jpg
I cleaned up the trash part.
10-20-23 Lane 3 Parking 2.jpg

Lane 3 Pullout (just past the lane).
10-20-23 Lane 3 Pullout Trash 1.jpg 10-20-23 Lane 3 Pullout Trash 3.jpg
Got that cleaned up too.
10-20-23 Lane 3 Pullout Trash 2.jpg

[Continued in the next post]​

Roadway illegal dump. Just past lane two on the way to lane 3.
10-20-23 Road Dump 1.jpg 10-20-23 Road Dump 2.jpg
Couldn't get that either.​

I spent 5 hours up there and, after the kiosk install, was able to remove 3 bags of trash plus some shot up plywood and large cardboard.

Since I live so far away, I can't keep coming back to put this place back into good shape. I am not planning a large group cleanup event for the rest of this year. I'm sure next spring or early summer we'll do that. Meanwhile, I hope a multitude of people can take it on and save it through Random Acts of Cleanups.

Bill

This thread's been silent for a while. Has anyone been there lately? Any condition report?

I'm planning to go early next Thursday morning, the 30th. I'm going to try to claim lane 4 to clean it up (if not lane 4, will grab another). Would anyone care to join me? I got lots of bags, pickers and magnets. I want to see a full pickup load.

If I get some help, I'll even bring some paint to redo the jersey barrier. I hate graffiti and would like to see it gone!

Even though I don't shoot there, or rarely ever do, I like that place and have a vested interest in it. I hate to see it in a constant state of trash and destruction. We gotta keep up on it or we don't get more places like it.

Bill

This thread's been silent for a while. Has anyone been there lately? Any condition report?

I'm planning to go early next Thursday morning, the 30th. I'm going to try to claim lane 4 to clean it up (if not lane 4, will grab another). Would anyone care to join me? I got lots of bags, pickers and magnets. I want to see a full pickup load.

If I get some help, I'll even bring some paint to redo the jersey barrier. I hate graffiti and would like to see it gone!

Even though I don't shoot there, or rarely ever do, I like that place and have a vested interest in it. I hate to see it in a constant state of trash and destruction. We gotta keep up on it or we don't get more places like it.

Bill
Cant do the 30th, If you go friday the 1st ill come out

I will see what I can do as far as coming out and helping. I have back issues so I'm not super helpful but if I can make it I will do what I can. I really appreciate your efforts. And I know there's a lot of people that feel the same and more.

Thank you!

Bill
I can help as long as its not lots of bending, bad back here as well, been waiting to shoot till its better. But i can do magnets pick ups if equipment is provided:) whens early for you?

Cant do the 30th, If you go friday the 1st ill come out
Ahhh, I can't do it on Fri. I have a meeting in Forest Grove on Thurs afternoon, so thought it's a good excuse to spend the morning at Wolf Creek. Make the trip a little more worth while.
:) whens early for you?
Early for me = about sunrise. Ha! I like getting through Portland before the AM rush traffic (I come down 205 to I84 West to I-5 and 26. Otherwise, I may be stuck in traffic till 10 or 11 before I got there. Thurs morning traffic sucks! I wouldn't expect anyone else to come that early. I'll be there a while.

I have back issues so I'm not super helpful but if I can make it I will do what I can. I really appreciate your efforts. And I know there's a lot of people that feel the same and more.

Thank you!

I can help as long as its not lots of bending, bad back here as well, been waiting to shoot till its better. But i can do magnets pick ups if equipment is provided:) whens early for you?
Yes, I have magnets. Even the rolling magnet with the release handle at the top, so you don't even need to bend over to release it (I love it!). I throw out a tarp and dump it all on that. Then pour it into a bag. Works pretty slick.

Bill
I'm traveling until Dec but I'll plan on checking on the lanes more often when I'm home.

Ed

For some unknown reason, i haven't seen notifications about this thread since before the summer, looks like a bunch of crap went down, i'm sorry to see how poor, both the general public and shooters have treated it over the summer :(

Yes, I have magnets. Even the rolling magnet with the release handle at the top, so you don't even need to bend over to release it (I love it!). I throw out a tarp and dump it all on that. Then pour it into a bag. Works pretty slick.
The tarp thing is smart! I shoot next to one so i dont have to chase my casings! Its helpful:)

Was at lane 3 recently doing some pistol and rifle shooting. Packed out 2 bags of trash with me. Area was littered with fresh federal 12 gauge shells, found a box marked from Federal nearby that was shipped to @woosterarmory. Not the fault of the shop but we know the scumbag who trashed the range bought their ammo there. Shame on them.

IMG_20231129_101800_873.jpg IMG_20231129_101034_128.jpg

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews