JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Was at lane 3 recently doing some pistol and rifle shooting. Packed out 2 bags of trash with me. Area was littered with fresh federal 12 gauge shells, found a box marked from Federal nearby that was shipped to @woosterarmory. Not the fault of the shop but we know the scumbag who trashed the range bought their ammo there. Shame on them.

View attachment 1772027View attachment 1772028
That's great, Hotdog! Thanks!

I hope those targets, on the sign, are yours and just there for the photo opp! If not, I'll get them off of there tomorrow morning. I'd hate to think someone's going to shoot them were they stand!

Rain and cold, but I'm still going up tomorrow. I got thermals! :) And picking up some more 5.56 today (getting low on ammo).

That's great, Hotdog! Thanks!

I hope those targets, on the sign, are yours and just there for the photo opp! If not, I'll get them off of there tomorrow morning. I'd hate to think someone's going to shoot them were they stand!

Rain and cold, but I'm still going up tomorrow. I got thermals! :) And picking up some more 5.56 today (getting low on ammo).
Targets on the sign were not mine. I didn't even think of peeling them off. my brain was entirely focused on the the clutter on the range itself. Seemed like a slow day in the area, I was up there for ~3 hours and only saw one car come by but it was in the high 20s the whole time I was up there so I can understand people not wanting to shoot today.

Was at lane 3 recently doing some pistol and rifle shooting. Packed out 2 bags of trash with me. Area was littered with fresh federal 12 gauge shells, found a box marked from Federal nearby that was shipped to @woosterarmory. Not the fault of the shop but we know the scumbag who trashed the range bought their ammo there. Shame on them.

View attachment 1772027View attachment 1772028
Looks like we need locks for our recycling dumpster!

Thanks for the bags you took out, and, awww, seriously?! with the damn targets on there? already bullet holes in them i see :(
Yep, there's some holes in them.
Some Good Samaritan probably put them there thinking he was paying forward.
But it just gives the vandals an excuse to shoot up the signs.

Leaving targets or target stands is a bad idea and it becomes the beginning of another trash pile.

Thanks for the bags you took out, and, awww, seriously?! with the damn targets on there? already bullet holes in them i see :(
Could also be they put them there to display their trophy marksmanship after shooting on the range. Problem is, they're not worth displaying!

Certainly, I'll check for holes & damage tomorrow.

Ahhh, I can't do it on Fri. I have a meeting in Forest Grove on Thurs afternoon, so thought it's a good excuse to spend the morning at Wolf Creek. Make the trip a little more worth while.

Early for me = about sunrise. Ha! I like getting through Portland before the AM rush traffic (I come down 205 to I84 West to I-5 and 26. Otherwise, I may be stuck in traffic till 10 or 11 before I got there. Thurs morning traffic sucks! I wouldn't expect anyone else to come that early. I'll be there a while.
I am having issues and have to meet with repair men in the morning and then an appointment into the evening. I unfortunately can not attend Thursday, but if we are still on for friday? I can:)

I am having issues and have to meet with repair men in the morning and then an appointment into the evening. I unfortunately can not attend Thursday, but if we are still on for friday? I can:)
No, Thursday is my only day. Probably snow by Friday anyway, at that elevation. Forecast says cold and wet for tomorrow, like 31 at 7 am, and only 38 by noon, however, that may be the Banks forecast (mine says Timber, OR, but it may simply be the Banks forecast). So, there could be snow tomorrow up on Wolf Creek Rd. Actually, that may be interesting... I've never done a clean up when it's snowing!

No biggy! I'm just going to see if I can get as much as I can by noon. It's not an official 'cleanup event', just me wanting to do something.

Thanks for being willing to help!

Bill

Dang it's dark at 6:30!

Lane 1 looks fair, but I'll take a closer look in the daylight.

Lane 2 is pretty trashy.

Lane 3 is a rare sight... looks real nice! Those targets, on the kiosk, are adhesive type and are not peeling off in the cold. I'll heat them up and try to get the gum off. Yep, they were shot while on the kiosk, so, there's a couple holes through the sign and plywood.

Lane 4 is pretty messy. The new kiosk is unscathed in its new location. Yay!

I'm just gonna sit here and drink. (Coffee) :D Till it gets light enough to see.

Dang it's dark at 6:30!

Lane 1 looks fair, but I'll take a closer look in the daylight.

Lane 2 is pretty trashy.

Lane 3 is a rare sight... looks real nice! Those targets, on the kiosk, are adhesive type and are not peeling off in the cold. I'll heat them up and try to get the gum off. Yep, they were shot while on the kiosk, so, there's a couple holes through the sign and plywood.

Lane 4 is pretty messy. The new kiosk is unscathed in its new location. Yay!

I'm just gonna sit here and drink. (Coffee) :D Till it gets light enough to see.
You're an Animal Bill! :s0155:

Last Edited:
No, Thursday is my only day. Probably snow by Friday anyway, at that elevation. Forecast says cold and wet for tomorrow, like 31 at 7 am, and only 38 by noon, however, that may be the Banks forecast (mine says Timber, OR, but it may simply be the Banks forecast). So, there could be snow tomorrow up on Wolf Creek Rd. Actually, that may be interesting... I've never done a clean up when it's snowing!

No biggy! I'm just going to see if I can get as much as I can by noon. It's not an official 'cleanup event', just me wanting to do something.

Thanks for being willing to help!

Bill
Yes! I understand! I wanted to help! I have been meaning to visit and clean all summer but I was still recovering from some injuries. Thanks for taking the time to make it a better place for all of us!

I got home at 6 this evening, and I'm bushed. And I'm a big muddy mess! We really gotta get some gravel on that lane! So, I'll post a couple pics here for tonight. More tomorrow.

All in all, Lane 4 looks a lot better. There is still plenty of trash along the edges of the lanes and over the embankment from the parking area. I tried to stay focused on the lane, and didn't even get that part very well. I did, however, get the hillside real good from the top down to the flat part of the lane, lots of major (big) stuff down the lane, the parking lot and the roadway up to the lane. 6 hrs (plus drive to/from Washougal), 8 bags and 4 tires.

Pickup load.jpg
On the way out, I got the sticker targets off the kiosk at lane 3. Damage is not too bad, so it's good to go as is.

Lane 3 targets on Kiosk.jpg Lane 3 targets off Kiosk.jpg

Oh, as far the traffic at the lanes, no cars or shooting until a little after 10. Then it was only 1 guy at lane 3. At 1, a man showed up at lane 4 with his daughter and son, so I told them to stay and prep as I was wrapping up. On the way out, the guy at lane 3 was gone and one other just pulled in. Lanes 1 & 2 were empty all day.

As for cold and rain,... not bad at all. Glad I was dressed for it, but it was only a light mist most of the time I was there. No heavy rains.

As for the traffic on the way home,... 3 hrs to get home!!! This morning only took 1 1/2 hrs to get there! Dang that Portland evening traffic! :mad:

Oh, as far the traffic at the lanes, no cars or shooting until a little after 10. Then it was only 1 guy at lane 3. At 1, a man showed up at lane 4 with his daughter and son, so I told them to stay and prep as I was wrapping up. On the way out, the guy at lane 3 was gone and one other just pulled in. Lanes 1 & 2 were empty all day.

As for cold and rain,... not bad at all. Glad I was dressed for it, but it was only a light mist most of the time I was there. No heavy rains.

As for the traffic on the way home,... 3 hrs to get home!!! This morning only took 1 1/2 hrs to get there! Dang that Portland evening traffic! :mad:
Thanks for all you do Bill.

I can see I need to cut another check here pretty quick. :)

Thanks, Mono! Every bit helps and every bit goes to the cause.

I'll have a report on the disposal cost tomorrow. The tires were well received by Gill's Point S Tires in Hillsboro at no charge. Steve, at Point S, used to shoot at the lanes, but doesn't anymore because of a couple problems, with 'JackA$$'s', he had in the past. But he graciously took them in.

One more note, for the night... Randy Peterson, ODF Statewide Recreation Manager, is now retired! That was my meeting this afternoon. I couldn't make it to his retirement reception, so I met privately with him at 2. He has a motorcycle helmet, that he's had from back in his biker days, and wanted me to sign it along with a lot of others who signed it. (Randy still has the Appreciation Plaque we presented after the first Wolf Creek Lanes build, and he also has the laser cut metal Appreciation Award for his help on the Santiam 615 Pit project).

Randy has really been a great advocate for recreational shooting in the forest. Even though he doesn't shoot, (may not even own a gun), he was the driving force behind the Wolf Creek Rd Shooting Lanes. He planned it, sought help from us at NWFA, got the initial work done, and worked a lot of hours to help me secure the NRA Foundation grant for the upgrades. He also was a huge help on the NRA grant for the Santiam project, as well as, securing gravel from ODF & ODFW and ODOT donations. Without him, we would not have those lanes or the 615 Pit!

So, as a small show of appreciation, I gifted him with a gift card from Sportsman's Warehouse for $150. Since he does hiking and fishing, he'll find something he needs.

Our new Statewide Recreation Manager is Joe Offer. Joe is cool! I like him! I've met him once and emailed multiple times and he is right on top of it. We should do well with Joe!

I got home at 6 this evening, and I'm bushed. And I'm a big muddy mess! We really gotta get some gravel on that lane! So, I'll post a couple pics here for tonight. More tomorrow.

All in all, Lane 4 looks a lot better. There is still plenty of trash along the edges of the lanes and over the embankment from the parking area. I tried to stay focused on the lane, and didn't even get that part very well. I did, however, get the hillside real good from the top down to the flat part of the lane, lots of major (big) stuff down the lane, the parking lot and the roadway up to the lane. 6 hrs (plus drive to/from Washougal), 8 bags and 4 tires.

On the way out, I got the sticker targets off the kiosk at lane 3. Damage is not too bad, so it's good to go as is.

Ppl are shooting the signs!? Wtf! Im gonna head up in the morning w a tarp and a few bags and grab something 🤷‍♀️hopefully! Looks like i might have to use the 4x4! Sorry you had to go alone! But thanks for the work you did!

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top