JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I guess no one made it to lane 4 last weekend. Oh well. Shoot me an update when one of you go there (Well, don't shoot me, just let me know).

I'm thinking we should leave it there. Yeah, leave it there. And tape a homemade sign, perhaps on cardboard, that says something like:

THIS IS BS!

YOU ARE DESTROYING A GREAT PLACE TO SHOOT!

YOU ARE SHAMING GUN OWNERS!

YOU ARE RUINING YOUR CHILDREN'S FUTURE FOR SHOOTING ON PUBLIC LAND!

YOU ARE ADDING FUEL TO THE FIRE FOR THE ANTI-GUNNERS!

YOU ARE TEARING DOWN THE VALUE OF OUR 2ND AMENDMENT!

DESTRUCTION OF PUBLIC PROPERTY IS A CRIME. WITH THAT, AND THE OFFENSES GIVEN ABOVE,

YOU SHOULD BE SHOT!!!
And let that sign just sit there for a while.
If it has been removed, then perhaps place that sign on a stake at the kiosk location and add this to the first few lines:

HERE LIES THE REMAINS OF WHAT WAS ONCE A NICE KIOSK SIGN OF INFORMATION FOR SHOOTING AT THIS SITE.

THE KIOSK WAS SHOT DOWN AND BURNED ON A BON FIRE.

If it has been removed, then perhaps place that sign on a stake at the kiosk location and add this to the first few lines:

HERE LIES THE REMAINS OF WHAT WAS ONCE A NICE KIOSK SIGN OF INFORMATION FOR SHOOTING AT THIS SITE.

THE KIOSK WAS SHOT DOWN AND BURNED ON A BON FIRE.

Good idea. Here is another thought:

Video Sign.jpg
The good guys won't mind, and the bad guys might move on.

Could save some money in the long run.

Good idea. Here is another thought:

View attachment 1393783
The good guys won't mind, and the bad guys might move on.

Could save some money in the long run.
Yeah, I've often thought of actually putting a real trail cam out there, however, I really don't want to capture all the good guys doing their constitutional rights thing. If it's just a sign only, it will probably get shot up right away, because it will feel like an infringement on their privacy. I kinda think even the 'Good Guys' will get pissed off, thinking there might actually be a camera out there. Then they just might blow the sign away out of spite.

So, I'm not a fan of a BS sign. If we actually have a sign like that, then we should actually have a camera. I really don't want a camera. But if we did, it would only be to capture the bad guys.

I wouldnt mind knowing there was a camera watching....

The trick to do is put up an obvious fake or broken one with a sign saying "under surveillance"

The good guys wont care, some bad guys will straighten up. Some really bad guy will get upset and take a shot at it or try to steal it...
except the real camera is watching the fake one... :) They will be too distracted with the broken camera to look for the a real one.
:)

The trick to do is put up an obvious fake or broken one with a sign saying "under surveillance"

The good guys wont care, some bad guys will straighten up. Some really bad guy will get upset and take a shot at it or try to steal it...
except the real camera is watching the fake one... :) They will be too distracted with the broken camera to look for the a real one.
Dang! Now that's good thinking!

You're thinking like Hannibal Smith of the A-Team!

"I love it when a plan comes together!"

Yeah, I've often thought of actually putting a real trail cam out there, however, I really don't want to capture all the good guys doing their constitutional rights thing. If it's just a sign only, it will probably get shot up right away, because it will feel like an infringement on their privacy. I kinda think even the 'Good Guys' will get pissed off, thinking there might actually be a camera out there. Then they just might blow the sign away out of spite.

So, I'm not a fan of a BS sign. If we actually have a sign like that, then we should actually have a camera. I really don't want a camera. But if we did, it would only be to capture the bad guys.
There are people on this exact forum that shot at those lanes in ways that are not quite kosher and they simply don't give a F.

I wouldn't worry about filming anyone doing anything if they are in public. You would be exercising your 1st amendment. Last I checked it was still before the gun one.

I guess no one made it to lane 4 last weekend. Oh well. Shoot me an update when one of you go there (Well, don't shoot me, just let me know).

I'm thinking we should leave it there. Yeah, leave it there. And tape a homemade sign, perhaps on cardboard, that says something like:

THIS IS BS!

YOU ARE DESTROYING A GREAT PLACE TO SHOOT!

YOU ARE SHAMING GUN OWNERS!

YOU ARE RUINING YOUR CHILDREN'S FUTURE FOR SHOOTING ON PUBLIC LAND!

YOU ARE ADDING FUEL TO THE FIRE FOR THE ANTI-GUNNERS!

YOU ARE TEARING DOWN THE VALUE OF OUR 2ND AMENDMENT!

DESTRUCTION OF PUBLIC PROPERTY IS A CRIME. WITH THAT, AND THE OFFENSES GIVEN ABOVE,

YOU SHOULD BE SHOT!!!
And let that sign just sit there for a while.
I think the above, slightly modified, is a wonderful idea! People that respect these lanes will say a "HELL YEAH!" People that are a total loss won't give a crap. And some in the middle might have a wave of respect for those that value the lanes.

ODF prefers to have signs at each lane, but is open to relocating signs. They are providing the new lumber for lane 4, with the lane name engraved, and we will install it at the cleanup on May 20th. ( I'll work on them to cover the disposal cost of the cleanup).

I pointed out that the sign positions at lanes 3 & 4 are the ones that receive routine damage and we should plan on relocating those two. (1 & 2 rarely get damaged).

So, from here we need to nail down new locations for the kiosks at lanes 3 & 4.

More details about the event will be coming soon. I know we'll need a dump trailer again and a 3/4 ton truck to tow it, we'll need to rent a post hole auger, and we need someone to volunteer as camp cook. More on this later.

Side note... SHOUT OUT to @rhollister71 of Farmer's Insurance Beaverton, for sponsoring our lunch on May 20th!!! He donated the funds to buy a nice lunch! Thank you Robert!

ODF prefers to have signs at each lane, but is open to relocating signs. They are providing the new lumber for lane 4, with the lane name engraved, and we will install it at the cleanup on May 20th. ( I'll work on them to cover the disposal cost of the cleanup).

I pointed out that the sign positions at lanes 3 & 4 are the ones that receive routine damage and we should plan on relocating those two. (1 & 2 rarely get damaged).

So, from here we need to nail down new locations for the kiosks at lanes 3 & 4.

More details about the event will be coming soon. I know we'll need a dump trailer again and a 3/4 ton truck to tow it, we'll need to rent a post hole auger, and we need someone to volunteer as camp cook. More on this later.

Side note... SHOUT OUT to @rhollister71 of Farmer's Insurance Beaverton, for sponsoring our lunch on May 20th!!! He donated the funds to buy a nice lunch! Thank you Robert!
If all works out for me and im sure my kid or kids will help. I can be cook for sure. thats well suited for me in the wheelchair..

About the cleanup on May 20th...

ODF is making a new kiosk for lane 4. I asked them if they would assemble it and I'll haul it out to the lane. That would save the hassle of drilling and bolting the thing together in the field.

ODF does not have a post hole auger, so I'd like to ask if anyone does and may we use it for the day. I, or someone, can pick up and return. Last time I rented one and returned it 2 hours late, so I had to pay for a 2nd day rental. I'd like to avoid that this time.

We need a dump trailer and a truck to pull it. I could ask about the same one we borrowed last time, and if it's available, we will need someone with a 3/4 ton pickup to tow it to & from. Otherwise, we'll need several pickups to run loads into Forest Grove.

ODF is arranging for disposal to be on their account, so we won't need funds for that.

Lunch cost is covered, by @rhollister71 of Farmer's Insurance Beaverton, (thank you!), and Robert has volunteered to be our cook, (thank you again!). I'll shop for some good burgers and dogs, but if anyone wants to bring some precooked bacon, it will help make it a little more special!

Is anyone up for a camp out on Friday night?

Thanks all, I'm looking forward to good day fixin up the range!

Bill

About the cleanup on May 20th...

ODF is making a new kiosk for lane 4. I asked them if they would assemble it and I'll haul it out to the lane. That would save the hassle of drilling and bolting the thing together in the field.

ODF does not have a post hole auger, so I'd like to ask if anyone does and may we use it for the day. I, or someone, can pick up and return. Last time I rented one and returned it 2 hours late, so I had to pay for a 2nd day rental. I'd like to avoid that this time.

We need a dump trailer and a truck to pull it. I could ask about the same one we borrowed last time, and if it's available, we will need someone with a 3/4 ton pickup to tow it to & from. Otherwise, we'll need several pickups to run loads into Forest Grove.

ODF is arranging for disposal to be on their account, so we won't need funds for that.

Lunch cost is covered, by @rhollister71 of Farmer's Insurance Beaverton, (thank you!), and Robert has volunteered to be our cook, (thank you again!). I'll shop for some good burgers and dogs, but if anyone wants to bring some precooked bacon, it will help make it a little more special!

Is anyone up for a camp out on Friday night?

Thanks all, I'm looking forward to good day fixin up the range!

Bill
Sounds good!!
Was up there yesterday we got in on lane 3.
lane 3 was terrible, i paid my grandson to pick up as much as he could, we packed a bunch of big cardboard and wood stacked up by the jersey barriers. i dont have a truck so we just took a big garbage bag home i could fit in car..

All lanes looked pretty dirty. shotgun shells are really bad and everywhere. on #3 shot shells were harder to navigate than the gravel in my wheelchair..

If no one really knows you've put up a trail cam, or you put it up only sporadically, in different sites and delete the contents that show people just shooting (you'd need a tech guy to give you a way to do complete deletion) when no problems arose then 1) it's unlikely you'd get a subpoena, and 2) if you did the only video retained would be of vandals and rule breakers.

My opinion is that in public I have no reasonable expectation of privacy, and even in private I need to obey the law.

As much as I hate it, the tragedy of the commons is why private property and the right to exclude people solves the problem of vandalism, etc. If there was a gate with even a $3.00 entrance fee half of the stuff that happens out there wouldn't happen. Heck it could be pay $3.00 in and get a refund of $2.00 by mail later and it'd eliminate alot. I used to scratch my head at biMart's $5.00 lifetime membership and then during the pandemic I got the "Ah Ha!" moment when I realized it keeps shoplifters out of the store.

I will bring my trailer. It is good for a ton. There is a huge pile over the edge on lane 4 when we went up there 2 weeks ago. Car body parts along the road. I think we will just come up in the morning. Some pictures from 2 weeks ago. And Thank you for the lunch donation
IMG_7673.jpg IMG_7677.jpg IMG_7680.jpg IMG_7679.jpg 20230414_172756.jpg 20230414_172541.jpg 20230414_172450.jpg 20230414_172439.jpg

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top