JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The more I think about it, the more I like it. Pull all the signs out. If we need one, put only one on the corner at lane 1. Position it so if it's shot, they would be shooting directly towards lane 1 and 2 and the road. Otherwise, no signs at any of the lanes.

We don't need the headaches or the cost of signs. They may end up being the demise of the lanes, if they are constantly damaged.

No signs equals no temptations and fewer problems.

My 2 cents.
I'm in agreement. They will always be seen as a target by someone no matter where they are put. It's a reoccurring cost that will only drain funds from your organization TNL as well as ODF's limited funds that could be used to further develop lanes or provide cleaning supplies.

IMO the signs have helped more people know how to use the lanes than they have been burned to the ground.
The range has been very sucessful for several years now since its beginning. I dont recall any of the signs being burned down before. Id say this is a one off occurance.

IMO the signs have helped more people know how to use the lanes than they have been burned to the ground.
The range has been very sucessful for several years now since its beginning. I dont recall any of the signs being burned down before. Id say this is a one off occurance.
I agree with you..It does add a legitimacy to the Lanes/Area. Sad that scumbags did this. And feel that no signs would make it easier to just create a dump space.

Like most things in life, you have to choose your battles. Those of you that are directly involved will have to decide if the juice is with the squeeze and to keep replacing signs, etc.

As someone who has been on the sidelines and watched this labor of love for many years, @Cogs you my friend are as tenacious as they come. You are the tip of the spear with the work you do. You always find a way to adapt and overcome, to persevere, to push on and never quit!

If you were to to just wash your hands of it and walk away, no one would fault you. While I can feel the anger, frustration and disappointment in your fellow man, through your most recent posts, your principles won't allow you. You will do what you always do, you will dig your heels in, put on your thinking cap and get to problem solving, because that is who you are! Go team Cogs! :s0132:

Like most things in life, you have to choose your battles. Those of you that are directly involved will have to decide if the juice is with the squeeze and to keep replacing signs, etc.

As someone who has been on the sidelines and watched this labor of love for many years, @Cogs you my friend are as tenacious as they come. You are the tip of the spear with the work you do. You always find a way to adapt and overcome, to persevere, to push on and never quit!

If you were to to just wash your hands of it and walk away, no one would fault you. While I can feel the anger, frustration and disappointment in your fellow man, through your most recent posts, your principles won't allow you. You will do what you always do, you will dig your heels in, put on your thinking cap and get to problem solving, because that is who you are! Go team Cogs! :s0132:
Geez! The dude's got me pegged. Thanks, Spook.

Bill

Might want to reconsider the use of wood…

A couple of steel fence posts, with a short section of chain link fence stretched between them, with the signs bolted to the chain link. Limits fuel for building a fire. I'm sure there's drawbacks, just random thoughts from a random ole guy…

Might want to reconsider the use of wood…

A couple of steel fence posts, with a short section of chain link fence stretched between them, with the signs bolted to the chain link. Limits fuel for building a fire. I'm sure there's drawbacks, just random thoughts from a random ole guy…
was going to say they have steel fence posts!!

I recall the signs being helpful to me on my first time at the lanes to get the lay of the land. On subsequent trips, I didn't need to rely on them for information, but perhaps a quick visual reference to identify the lane as they are easier to see on approach than the jersey barriers..

I also would like to think that other newcomers to the lanes, at least some of them would use that information to not shoot in the direction of the other firing lines.

Also, I could have used the sign at the gate on my first trip to the lanes, had it been there then.

My guess is that for every one person that might vandalize the signs there are several hundred that read the signs for instruction and what to do.
Wolf Creek public range has been a success since it was installed and I just feel removing the signs is taking a step backwards to what it was before it was established there. The signs also leave a feeling of it being sanctioned, monitored, maintained and established.

Now that I'm off work, (for the next 4 days, Yay! I love semi-retirement!), I have the time to properly respond, while I drown my sorrows in a couple beers. But it's hard to be sad when I hear the words from @spookshack , (whom I don't really know!).

Thank you, Spook! I am humbled by your comment. And pleased that you came back to include other folks who put in their efforts.

I call it a labor of love. That's love for the great outdoors, the freedoms that we have and the love for the Second Amendment. Although it's full of frustration and disappointment, I find great joy in trying to save and improve the shooting sports on public lands. I often wonder why there aren't other organizations dedicated to public land shooting. I feel it benefits all of us who share the same values. And one day, I hope my grand-kids throw a few rounds down range in honor of dear 'ol Gran-dad.

But enough of me... Who's up for a cleanup on May 20th? :)

Bill

Now that I'm off work, (for the next 4 days, Yay! I love semi-retirement!), I have the time to properly respond, while I drown my sorrows in a couple beers. But it's hard to be sad when I hear the words from @spookshack , (whom I don't really know!).

Thank you, Spook! I am humbled by your comment. And pleased that you came back to include other folks who put in their efforts.

I call it a labor of love. That's love for the great outdoors, the freedoms that we have and the love for the Second Amendment. Although it's full of frustration and disappointment, I find great joy in trying to save and improve the shooting sports on public lands. I often wonder why there aren't other organizations dedicated to public land shooting. I feel it benefits all of us who share the same values. And one day, I hope my grand-kids throw a few rounds down range in honor of dear 'ol Gran-dad.

Bill
i agree and if no signs we are giving in to them, and thats not us, or at least a few of us anyway. im in may 20th

Bill
Guy is in and will sponsor some loot.

Bill
I'll cover food cost just let me know. PM me if needed

I would like to help too. Date saved in calendar.

Gave up my membership to tri-county last year, been up to the lanes twice now but it's been so full (weekdays!) that I still haven't been able to shoot there yet. Obviously, a needed public space. Happy to help clean it up.

note: close to Wolf Creek range over on the Salmonberry side of things the last 2 years I have noticed a sharp increase in homeless camping. They somehow must have the gas money to drive out to the woods.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top