JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Since these lanes are not actually designated as anything, yet. There are ZERO rules against burning fires during non fire season. It is perfectly legal to burn a campfire during non fire seasons.

During fire season, any non contained fire (IE in designated campground fire pit, or propane/manufactured fire pit) is not allowed.

These lanes are not a trail head, trail, or campground. They are essentially still just plain ole State Forest lands. No verbiage has been made in State Forests legal aspects for designated shooting lanes, yet. There are rules for shooting in state forests however, of which nothing with in pertains to burning a camp fire.

That being said, legally speaking, you could camp at one of these lanes if you wished and burn a fire. You can day use the area and burn a fire. Both so long as there are no current (usually during summer months) fire restrictions on state forest lands.

Since these lanes are not actually designated as anything, yet. There are ZERO rules against burning fires during non fire season. It is perfectly legal to burn a campfire during non fire seasons.

During fire season, any non contained fire (IE in designated campground fire pit, or propane/manufactured fire pit) is not allowed.

These lanes are not a trail head, trail, or campground. They are essentially still just plain ole State Forest lands. No verbiage has been made in State Forests legal aspects for designated shooting lanes, yet. There are rules for shooting in state forests however, of which nothing with in pertains to burning a camp fire.

That being said, legally speaking, you could camp at one of these lanes if you wished and burn a fire. You can day use the area and burn a fire. Both so long as there are no current (usually during summer months) fire restrictions on state forest lands.
Also I have a strong belief that if you start a fire you need to take the precautions and preventing measures to be able to put it out if it starts to be uncontrollable. Fire extinguishers, buckets of dirt, and clear spacing from trees and brush. I'm big on responsibility and respect.
. It would be awesome if we all put a date together soon to go hang out and shoot together one Saturday.

Also I have a strong belief that if you start a fire you need to take the precautions and preventing measures to be able to put it out if it starts to be uncontrollable. Fire extinguishers, buckets of dirt, and clear spacing from trees and brush. I'm big on responsibility and respect.
. It would be awesome if we all put a date together soon to go hang out and shoot together one Saturday.
Once Washington county hits phase 2, we should be able to get a clean up organized up at the lanes.

are the lanes in Washington County? I always thought they were Clatsop County....
From what I recall, they were. Washington country sheriff's patrol the lanes on occasion because they are within it. I'll get on the maps and see. The four corner trail head is right around the same area so I know it's close.

are the lanes in Washington County? I always thought they were Clatsop County....
County Lines at Wolf Creek Lanes.jpg

It's *really* close, they're just inside Clatsop, right next to Washington country. Fine lines on these maps are the borders.

Clatsop
1591472530370.png

Washington
1591472599890.png

Tillamook
1591472628058.png

Dangit Cogs, not only did you beat me whilst i was doing this, you made a better version too!! :mad::D
And I spent a lot of time trying to do it on onXmaps too! I screen shot Google Maps and saved it as a jpeg, then just drew the lines for Washington once I saw the Clatsop Co lines. But I did look up each county boundary first.

I could do that if we camp Sat eve and cleanup early Sunday morn. I could take a few bags of trash home with me and do the landfill later. Don't think I'd be able to do all the trash!

ODF tells me they had to cut lots of budgets recently and it will effect their ability to provide disposal and other recreation improvements. So, we'll need to donate the disposal efforts this time around.

I could do that if we camp Sat eve and cleanup early Sunday morn. I could take a few bags of trash home with me and do the landfill later. Don't think I'd be able to do all the trash!

ODF tells me they had to cut lots of budgets recently and it will effect their ability to provide disposal and other recreation improvements. So, we'll need to donate the disposal efforts this time around.
Any folks willing to provide trash removal as long as it is bagged?

I recall @drewp offering dumpsters as long as it is bagged?

as long as its bagged, I got a trash trailer for trash from shooting areas only
We cool, we cool. If I take 5 or 6 bags, Drewp takes a few and we burn some of it, we'll do just fine.

I'm open for next weekend. Actually, I could do a Saturday. Just makes it a rush on Friday eve to load up and head for camp. But I'm used to it. At least I won't have to pack up and bring all the Trash No Land stuff. Just trash bags, camp gear and guns.

PM me if you or anyone else has trash from shooting area cleanups and I'll give you the address of where my "other" trash trailer is sitting. its in forest grove! wish I had time to go out there but work and life is more busy than it has ever been...

PM me if you or anyone else has trash from shooting area cleanups and I'll give you the address of where my "other" trash trailer is sitting. its in forest grove! wish I had time to go out there but work and life is more busy than it has ever been...
Last I recall you were expecting a little one?

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top