JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Still better than the two cheap Chinese folding knifes I found up on #4 a couple of years ago. I'd definitely strip them down and give them a good once over before I'd shoot either.
Being that he already posted here, I'm going to say he is probably going to do the right thing and report them.

Me, I might have made said things disappear... :eek:

Stopped by for a little shooting today. Got up to the top lane to find some bozo left a .22 and a 12 gauge sitting there along with his weed and pipe.
Not a good look...

View attachment 663480
Head 1: Far out, man,... wait, what were we talking about?

Head 2: I don't know, man. I spaced out for a while. I think it was about shooting up.

Head 1: No, man, I don't shoot up nothin. Smoke only.

Head 2: Hey, where are we, man? And what time is it?

Head 1: I think we're in the woods, man. And it's 420.

Head 2: No man, that's a 12 gauge, not a 420.

Head 1: Well hey, we can pretend it's 420.

Head 2: Yeah, man, light it up!

Head 1: Let's go home, man. I'm hungry.

Head 2: Yeah. I got some Doritos back home.

Head 1: Okay, hurry. I can't wait, man.

"Like sands through the hour glass, so are the days of our lives"

It's strange 4 sure. Not to be morbid, but didn't this happen about 6-9 mo. ago (can't remember) when someone found an AR which looked to be left there on purpose? Don't know if it's kosher to talk about that, don't want to upset the family or anything.

Edit: found one of the threads, looks like it was July 2019 Sorry to bring it up but it's something to keep in mind for such a strange occurrence. Friend missing for last 4 days I hope it's not a similar situation.
Those were two different incidents, the AR guy got his stuff back from the sherif and rewarded the finder a steel target he found.
The thread you cited was never confirmed to be anything other than "missing, found deceased"...
I left some 9mm up there when I blew out the transmission fluid pan on my car, but it's likely they were just stoned and forgot to pick up.

I'm also of questionable morals regarding being a good samaritan... although, I'd probably feel guilty and report, then call myself an idiot forever more. :s0114:

Those were two different incidents, the AR guy got his stuff back from the sherif and rewarded the finder a steel target he found.
The thread you cited was never confirmed to be anything other than "missing, found deceased"...
I left some 9mm up there when I blew out the transmission fluid pan on my car, but it's likely they were just stoned and forgot to pick up.

I'm also of questionable morals regarding being a good samaritan... although, I'd probably feel guilty and report, then call myself an idiot forever more. :s0114:
Whew that's a relief. I thought they were the same cuz timing was the same. Glad they were separate incidents.

Yeah...Intergrity is a two sided sword for me. On one hand I think "if that careless,they deserve to loose it". One could say, but what if it was grandpas...what if it was a gift from the wife? Well... take even more care of it then. $200 guns id probably turn in. If it was something real special...maaaayybbe it would disappear.

I know it wasn't explicitly said, but am i right in assuming that you found all that, and no one else was there? they'd just flat out gone and left the area? Wow, that's more special than when i left a couple of re-usable bouncer targets at Brown's camp a few years ago :(

Yeah...Intergrity is a two sided sword for me. On one hand I think "if that careless,they deserve to loose it". One could say, but what if it was grandpas...what if it was a gift from the wife? Well... take even more care of it then. $200 guns id probably turn in. If it was something real special...maaaayybbe it would disappear.

Personally, seeing as they are firearms (and my biggest fear going to the lanes is inadvertently leaving a firearm behind {I actually make a check list of firearms I take and check them off as I put them back in my car}) I would turn them as well, but it would be difficult if it was a Wilson Combat 1911 or something of the like ;). There was even an incident involving noise suppressor left behind that created quite a panic, so karma wise I'd feel compelled to find the rightful owner hoping somebody would do so for me. Last summer I found something on the road (not a firearm or other 'registered' item) and posted here a vague question knowing if the owner saw it they'd know what I was talking about. But as for firearms, we need to be as good a steward as we are for the lanes themselves.

Yep turn it in. You never know what the situation is... stolen and used in a crime, or ??? I wouldn't want to be caught with a hot gun some day! And if they were perfectly legal and simply left behind, the owner should get a firm slap on the wrist for mixing drugs and firearms.

Yep turn it in. You never know what the situation is... stolen and used in a crime, or ??? I wouldn't want to be caught with a hot gun some day! And if they were perfectly legal and simply left behind, the owner should get a firm slap on the wrist for mixing drugs and firearms.
Lol, sadly it's become more common to mix the two. I've seen at least two ads here where the listing person forgot to remove his drugs from the picture! :eek:

I suspect it was left by ODFW! He was there today looking over the lanes in regard to our grant request for improving lanes 1 & 4. Yep, I bet he left them! :D

By the way, he loves the lanes and what we're doing there! Real good chances of getting our application approved!

I suspect it was left by ODFW! He was there today looking over the lanes in regard to our grant request for improving lanes 1 & 4. Yep, I bet he left them! :D

By the way, he loves the lanes and what we're doing there! Real good chances of getting our application approved!
That's awesome, they really are nice to use, almost a shame they've become so popular.

I don't think a fee, of any sort, would change anything (outside of pissing a few people off). Those who pay a fee would expect the place to be maintained by hired help and we could end up with even a bigger mess and pissy attitudes.

Maybe,,, maybe not.

What'd they have to say about his paraphernalia?
:s0114:
Deputy asked if it was his too, Bozo responded "Nooooo, that's not mine." Deputy reminded him it was legal now. Bozo then said "Well maybe my brother's." Took the weed and guns after he had made an accurate description, we confirmed he was the last vehicle we saw headed down and the guns came back clean.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top