JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was up early this morning on #4. Pretty ratty with lots of plastic. I took out a load. Nice people joined us. Old timers like me. We shared a sense of stewardship and bemoaned the fact that not everyone who uses this resource feels the same way.

I was up early this morning on #4. Pretty ratty with lots of plastic. I took out a load. Nice people joined us. Old timers like me. We shared a sense of stewardship and bemoaned the fact that not everyone who uses this resource feels the same way.
Sure appreciate your extra effort, Oya. Thanks. A few of us are doing a cleanup on the 22nd on all 4 lanes. Wish it were sooner because ODFW will be there to see the lanes on the 20th. They are making a decision on our $24k Federal Grant request for funding to finish the upgrades to lanes 1 & 4. I had hoped ODF would have scheduled the walk through for after the 22nd, but it didn't work out for ODFW. So any efforts of getting the big ugly stuff will help.

Glad you were there to share likewise appreciation with those folks. It catches on.

Join us if you can on the 22nd!

Bill

Last Edited:
Erk, that's some awkward timing - still shouldn't affect us cleaning on the 22nd but still, that'll leave a sour taste in their mouths, hopefully they still grant it.

At least they'll see how popular it is and how important it is to have a place like this. Just think if these lanes didn't exist, that trash would be all over the forest!

(Wow! What a line of BS! Hey, I'm getting better at BS, eh?!!!) :eek:

I was just out at salmonberry for a brief moment. People seriously drag tires into the woods and hang them onto trees???? WTF!? Why would you even shoot a tire? Didn't have room in the car since I was packed from vacation but it just makes me sad to see that

I was just out at salmonberry for a brief moment. People seriously drag tires into the woods and hang them onto trees???? WTF!? Why would you even shoot a tire? Didn't have room in the car since I was packed from vacation but it just makes me sad to see that
Wow. Just wow! You can't make up this stuff!

Well, thanks for letting us know, Knebel. I'll try to get over there on the 22nd and pick them off the trees and into my truck. I'm sure I'll be asking a local Les Schwab dealer if they will donate the recycle service of tires found in the woods. I haven't met a Les Schwab dealer that has turned us down yet! They are awesome supporters!

TEMP LANE CLOSURES!!!
YAY! We get our road fixed!!!

Ore Dept of Forestry Road Crew is planning to do some road improvement work on the access road to the North Fork Wolf Creek Target Shooting Lanes starting Monday March 2nd. Work will include:

· Roadside brushing to improve visibility.

· Grading and gravel surfacing work to improve the road surface.

· Road widening in places to create turnouts so two way traffic will be able to pass more safely.

· Improvements to the road at the junction with North Fork Wolf Creek Road to more safely accommodate traffic turning right from the spur road onto North Fork Wolf Creek Road.

The work will take place March 2nd through March 5th and March 9 through March 12th. The lanes will be closed to target shooting on these days, all hours.

The lanes will be open to use March 6th through March 8th and will reopen after the work is complete on March 12th.

TEMP LANE CLOSURES!!!
YAY! We get our road fixed!!!

Ore Dept of Forestry Road Crew is planning to do some road improvement work on the access road to the North Fork Wolf Creek Target Shooting Lanes starting Monday March 2nd. Work will include:

· Roadside brushing to improve visibility.

· Grading and gravel surfacing work to improve the road surface.

· Road widening in places to create turnouts so two way traffic will be able to pass more safely.

· Improvements to the road at the junction with North Fork Wolf Creek Road to more safely accommodate traffic turning right from the spur road onto North Fork Wolf Creek Road.

The work will take place March 2nd through March 5th and March 9 through March 12th. The lanes will be closed to target shooting on these days, all hours.

The lanes will be open to use March 6th through March 8th and will reopen after the work is complete on March 12th.

I just informed my Subaru of the road improvements . . . a very enthusiastic response observed :D

Just goes to show, when we work with the forest agency, they work with us!

Also yesterday when I returned the key to the dumpsters, we talked about moving forward with the next lane improvement. That discussion lead to potential optional funding avenues.

Other state forests are seeing our involvement and are starting to reach out. A shooting lane improvement is coming up in the Santiam SF and we're in talks with Gilcrest SF.

Good things happen when volunteers put their boots on the ground! So stay involved!!! Thanks all!

Was just up there on sunday morning. Didnt stay long or get to shoot. Got skunked out by the wind and rain. Made it as far as lane 3 everything seemed to look in great shape. Didnt notice any trash or junk. Only a few clay pigeon pieces and some brass. gald to head of the road inprovements. A few of those pot holes are gnarley. Previous post mentioned something about a dumpster.. is there a dumpster near by where we can trash used paper target cardboard etc?

Was just up there on sunday morning. Didnt stay long or get to shoot. Got skunked out by the wind and rain. Made it as far as lane 3 everything seemed to look in great shape. Didnt notice any trash or junk. Only a few clay pigeon pieces and some brass. gald to head of the road inprovements. A few of those pot holes are gnarley. Previous post mentioned something about a dumpster.. is there a dumpster near by where we can trash used paper target cardboard etc?
No. No dumpster for everyday use. We did a cleanup on Saturday and ODF let us use the dumpster at a nearby camp ground.

Weather was great on Saturday!

Stopped by for a little shooting today. Got up to the top lane to find some bozo left a .22 and a 12 gauge sitting there along with his weed and pipe.
Not a good look...

IMG_2983.jpg

It's strange 4 sure. Not to be morbid, but didn't this happen about 6-9 mo. ago (can't remember) when someone found an AR which looked to be left there on purpose? Don't know if it's kosher to talk about that, don't want to upset the family or anything.

Edit: found one of the threads, looks like it was July 2019 Sorry to bring it up but it's something to keep in mind for such a strange occurrence. Friend missing for last 4 days I hope it's not a similar situation.

Last Edited:
Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top