JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I visited Sunday 3/22 and the gates were open. Traffic in the AM might have been a little slow, but there were 2 other lanes blasting away with me at sunrise. Chilly morning, but it was great to visit and shoot.

So ODF closed the lanes? I'm not an expert but I didn't see anything that said outdoor shooting lanes to be closed to help stop the spread of the virus, but I also didn't read the small print.

I did a quick search yesterday and it looks like all state & national park & rec areas in OR are closed. I assumed this would mean the gate heading up the hill would close.

Glad I made it up on Sunday.

I did a quick search yesterday and it looks like all state & national park & rec areas in OR are closed. I assumed this would mean the gate heading up the hill would close.

Glad I made it up on Sunday.
While this is in an Oregon State Forest. I don't think it was ever designated as a State Park. It could be classified as a recreational area. However hiking trails are also recreational areas and I believe they are still open.

From their twitter
Oregon Forestry (@ORDeptForestry) on Twitter
Visiting a state forest? - State forest trailheads, trails & forest roads are open. All day use areas, campgrounds, and restrooms are CLOSED. - You MUST maintain a distance of at least 6 feet between individuals. If the area is too crowded to do this, go somewhere else.

These could be considered "day use areas" but I believe that is more in line with the areas in the woods designated to picnics and such near campgrounds.

I'm going to say that the shooting lanes are open unless ODF specifically states otherwise.

I haven't heard of any forest being closed. Just the facilities like campgrounds and such.

However, I think the Stay At Home order pretty well shuts down going to the forests. Not sure yet.

The lanes are still open, just like any other dispersed shooting site, but we may not be able to travel there.

What about salmonberry road, can we still go there to shoot? I needed to re zero one of my reddot on my glock in case shtf. The indoor pistol range I normally go to is closed.

What about salmonberry road, can we still go there to shoot? I needed to re zero one of my reddot on my glock in case shtf. The indoor pistol range I normally go to is closed.
Sounds like 'Essential' to me!

Still trying to get some clarification on if visits to the forests is okay.

Forest roads should be open... there might be a few more closed gates on logging or private land, but there should still be accessible dispersed spots out there.

Paragraph d makes it a bit questionable since Kate specifically mentions Hiking as being ok...

5B26B2EE-F034-415F-ABDF-8D4E7ED2506D.jpeg

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top