JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone have a non-resident CHL in NC? From looking at usacarry.com, it seems to be the state that provides the most bang for the buck in terms of states that honor their permit. It is also listed as a shall issue state for non-residents.

If you have one, what has been your experience with the permit process? Was it easy to get? I have no criminal record whatsoever. I also don't have any history of mental illness. How long did it take to get? What is the cost, and how frequently does it need to be renewed?

I live in Oregon, so it seems OR + NC permits would license me in 35 states (including states that don't require a CHL). It seems adding OR on top of NC really only adds Oregon and Michigan beyond what the NC permit already provides.

From looking at classes around me, most seem to go for OR + UT + AZ, but OR + NC covers all of those states plus PA. Is there some sort of gotcha that is going over this CHL newbie's head?

Actually, after a bit more digging, it looks like either ND or TN would provide more states than NC. Mainly, MN. I guess I'll need to check the costs in NC, ND, and TN.

@cdmontgo check out http://handgunlaw.us/

Their map is interactive.

This map is good for about 5 minutes - as fast as these have been changing:

upload_2016-5-15_21-40-40.png

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany