JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, after shipping my Ruger No. 1 Safari in 7 Rem mag in April of 2018 for a conversion to Varminter-style in 7mm STW, and countless emails and phone calls all with false promises, I sent this email last week. I called him again today, he said it would go out today or tomorrow. If I don't get notice that it's on the way by EOD, tomorrow I'm filing charges.

The email:

"Hello Regan Nonneman-

What is the hold up? When I spoke to you on the phone March 8 2022, you indicated my rifle was completed and would be shipped out by the end of the week..

Please immediately return my Ruger No. 1

I received a delivery notification, tracking number 9500 1156 1904 1112 6471 59, that you received the rifle on May 8th, 2018. You indicated in an email the rifle would be completed by November 2018.

I have blind cc'd my attorney on this email, as the next step is legal action including theft, fraud, mail fraud, and wire fraud.

This email is to serve notice that legal action will begin April 12th unless you supply me with shipping information and a tracking number. I will be contacting the Worth County Sheriff's Department and my local Police Department and file charges of theft by deception.

I will also be contacting your state's attorney general and the BATF to report the firearm as stolen and your business as fraudulent--after four years I believe that you have absconded with my $875 and my rifle."

I'm in same boat he has had it since sept of 21 told me 3-4 weeks. Called end of April said a week. Called today said this week. He seems like a nice guy but I'm about to have to get ugly.

Last Edited:
I'm in same boat he has had it since sept of 21 told me 3-4 weeks. Called end of April said a week. Called today said this week. He seems like a nice guy but I'm about to have to get ugly.
Feel free to use my letter as a template. Threaten his FFL.

I'm with you, totally nice guy, but everything was kind of all "aw, shucks I'm working on it"

How was the quality of his work after waiting this long?
All I had the guy do was change a from 7mm Rem Safari model to a 7STW Varminter style. Literally just a new tube and forend.
If I had to do it again, I would find someone else.

That being said, I'm pleased with his work and the gun is a shooter.

It's basically how the dude rolls. I knew that going in, but didn't expect it to be so egregious.

I copied a guy's letter he sent to Nonneman from another gun forum, so it's a common problem.

Does anyone know of a comparable gunsmith for No. 1's?

Good news got my Ruger #1 back today, that I sent in July of 2021. Conversion from 7x57 to 38-55. Fit and look are excellent. Haven't been to the range yet. He does great work and hopefully he is turning them around quicker.

Good news got my Ruger #1 back today, that I sent in July of 2021. Conversion from 7x57 to 38-55. Fit and look are excellent. Haven't been to the range yet. He does great work and hopefully he is turning them around quicker.
I'm still waiting from 9/12/21. Barrel swap and chamber barrel I sent in. Talked to him last week said he is finishing touches on it. But he said 3-4 weeks when sent in and says by next week every time I've called since may. Even told me was packaged and shipping that day when called last month. I hope it turns out great.

Wow I sent him a Marlin 2 1/2 years ago and I knew it would take time but seeing this I think I need to contact law enforcement. Guy is starting to remind me of Johnathan Ciener.

Last Edited:
Guy continues to ignore me so off goes the demand letter with certificate of mailing and another sent certified. They can ignore the certified by not signing for it but the law assumes they got it with a certificate of mailing.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top