JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anybody have experience with or recommendations on non-toxic ammo for a 5.56 AR? No need to shoot the hair off a gnat's left nut at 200 yards, and I don't care about terminal performance either. I have normal ammo for SHTF/SD, this would just be for fun plinking. I'd prefer 556, but 223 would be fine too.

Anybody have experience with or recommendations on non-toxic ammo for a 5.56 AR? No need to shoot the hair off a gnat's left nut at 200 yards, and I don't care about terminal performance either. I have normal ammo for SHTF/SD, this would just be for fun plinking. I'd prefer 556, but 223 would be fine too.

All non toxic ammo is considered to be rather premium, due to the much higher cost of the bullet. So you are not going to find any low cost plinking ammo that has a non-toxic bullet in it.

The ammo is thus going to be pricey, compared to deals that one can get on regular 556/223 ammo with lead bullets.

Ouch... $$$

I know they don't have any rifle calibers yet, but has anyone tried the Polycase stuff? Sounds like a good concept; no lead, and easy on the barrel. If they could get their production up and cost down, it could be a pretty big thing, espescially with people who run ranges or anyone concerned with lead contamination.

I know they don't have any rifle calibers yet, but has anyone tried the Polycase stuff?

They do have 300BO
I have shot the 380 Polycase. Definitely has a different feel to it. As a defensive ammo I'm not completely convinced, but for range, I think it's a great idea. There are several videos with polycase shooting steel at INCHES away. Pretty sweet IMO.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top