JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I collect all brass on the ground after a shooting session (including 22lr) and take it to a metal recycler. Worth quite a bit of money.

There usually isn't any extra brass sitting around because everyone is required to clean up when they are done.

I'll joke, if you have the time to pick up all that brass, you have time to reload!

@CountryGent i think we may be close to each other. If you ever decide to pick it up and get rid of it, I could take it off your hands.

Roger. We are indeed not far apart. Out of curiosity, what calibers do you reload?

I'll joke, if you have the time to pick up all that brass, you have time to reload!

Probably so. Though the time factor is yuge, as big is it involves a bunch of new gun "stuff". I'm, generally, finding myself taking regular strides away from said accumulation.

Roger. We are indeed not far apart. Out of curiosity, what calibers do you reload?

Probably so. Though the time factor is yuge, as big is it involves a bunch of new gun "stuff". I'm, generally, finding myself taking regular strides away from said accumulation.
I feel you. Haven't touched my reloading gear in a long time. It sits idle. I keep looking at it as $$$ these days as it's value currently is higher now than it was.

380acp,9mm,38/357, 45acp, 44mag/44special,223/556,308 and 30/06. Hopefully will throw a few more in if components prices come back down and become available.

I'd can pay for them,or trade some factory ammo for them or a 12 pack of whatever beer you drink.

Don't take them to the scrap yard, there has to be some one in your area that plays around with range brass. If you were close I'd give you $2 a pound for it.
It is a waste of resourses recyceling all ready made brass mixed range brass weighs about ten pounds a gallon, fifty pounds for a five ballon bucket.
All pistol brass will go around sixty pounds for a five gallon bucket.

I could seperate it, put it through my wet tumbler and make it look like new brass and the guys buy it.
I have sold over a ton of brass since around October or so.
If any one will be coming north up I-5 exit 208 I'd buy it all even the 22lr brass. They use to to make projectiles.

I feel you. Haven't touched my reloading gear in a long time. It sits idle. I keep looking at it as $$$ these days as it's value currently is higher now than it was.

I hear you. I don't need the funds for the items I'm dumping, though that is nice; clearing mental space, more rewarding.

380acp,9mm,38/357, 45acp, 44mag/44special,223/556,308 and 30/06. Hopefully will throw a few more in if components prices come back down and become available.

I'd can pay for them,or trade some factory ammo for them or a 12 pack of whatever beer you drink.

OK. We shoot all but two of those. I have not started storing casing, but will let you know if/when start putting away. No need for any exchange, prefer it bring someone joy rather than lay on the forest floor. :)

You got that right! I some times hate to look at what ammo, supplies, gear, sell for. Every time I do I feel the temptation to sell the stuff I have at 4 times what I paid for it. I don't because I do not want to be without it until the price goes back to "normal" but it's hard sometimes. :D

I was going to say pick it ALL up and sort out the steel and aluminum and possibly Berdan if you know how to check (basically if it is foreign it is Berdan primed). If it doubt, look down the neck and if there are two primer holes it is Berdan. Berdan primed cases are still good brass, but a pain to deprime, so why bother. I buy sorted, unsorted, you name it. If buying at scrap prices, how can you get hurt? Of course I sort it into the various cartridges and sort out the stuff I don't shoot or reload like... um... ah... give me a minute here...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top