JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ordered me a couple of the NOE powder through expanders today in 7.62 x 39 and 45 ACP to test out and see how they work with my cast lead bullets. I already have the Lee short and long powder charge dies so all I needed was the expanders, over travel rings and spacers if required, but all that comes in a set and you can choose for several different two-step expander dimensions that best suit your needs. I never really like the Lee powder through expanders that came with that die so I have basically converted all those to use NOE two-step expanders, but having the powder through options will save me a step in reloading those cartridges. https://noebulletmolds.com/site/product-category/powder-through-expanders/

45 ACP/AR/ Auto Match Powder Through Expander Kit

PicA3-9-rotated.jpg

I have a Lyman set of powder through expanders. I haven't used them in ages, but they worked very well.
I have the Lyman Multi-Expander powder charge die as well and I use if for multiple pistol cartridges if I want to use the powder through option. I'm going to leave it set up for one cartridge and use the other NOE expanders in some Lee powder charge dies I already have. That way I can leave each turret set up and not have to swap out dies and expanders and reset everything just using one die. I load several different calibers of cast lead rifle cartridge loads, and until now there was no real way to use a powder through die for loading those. You basically had to expand the charge now I can do both at once.

Last Edited:
Dang. More stuff to buy that makes reloading easier.
LOL, I know, NOE made the powder through expanders some years ago but stopped for reasons unknown. Those powder through expanders were drop in expanders for the Universal Flaring Die, whereas the new ones work with either the Lee short or long powder charge die. I don't know, maybe the old NOE powder through expander system was a good idea but didn't work well, those were long gone before I had the need and never offered again till just a few days ago in a different configuration.

Here is the Lyman Multi-Expander powder charge die I've been using in the past.

Lyman Expander die 2.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class