JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was a Glock fan boy back in 2010. I owned a Glock G23, Glock 30SF, and a Glock 20SF. I sold the G23 and G30SF but kept the G20SF. I sold the G23 because it was way too snappy and it raised the muzzle way too much for my liking. I sold the G30SF because it pinched my little pinkie finger meat when I shot it one day and gave me a flinch. I kept the G20SF because, well, it's a 10mm and I reload. Now that I own a H&K VP9T OR and a Walther PDP both with Holosun 507c X2 optics, I have no need reason to ever purchase another Glock with the same old "Glockish" technology. What say you?
Saying that you are down to one Glock isn't exactly denouncing the platform. I don't understand why people own multiple similar firearms so often when there is so much cool stuff out there.

But I'd call a VP9T or PDP "Glockish technology". How many modified Browning polymer striker fired double column pistols do you want?

Saying that you are down to one Glock isn't exactly denouncing the platform. I don't understand why people own multiple similar firearms so often when there is so much cool stuff out there.

But I'd call a VP9T or PDP "Glockish technology". How many modified Browning polymer striker fired double column pistols do you want?
One of the downsides to owning several different makes of pistol with different grips, trigger pulls, magazine releases, sights, etc, is that typically it results in an overall lower level of skill with any of them.

Comparatively, someone can have a few different sized Glocks and they will all point, shoot, feel, and work identically to each other apart from sight radius, grip size and magazine capacity.

One of the downsides to owning several different makes of pistol with different grips, trigger pulls, magazine releases, sights, etc, is that typically it results in an overall lower level of skill with any of them.
I disagree, the skill set needed to be a good shot is transferable and thats kind of what this is all about. Stance, sight picture, grip all transferable. Granted the fit and feel of the different platforms is different but the basics are all the same. Look at Jerry Michalc, how many guns can he just pick up and shoot well? Answer, all of them. Same with Hitchcock 45. I shoot Bowling Pins, my scores are relatively the same no matter if I shoot my 1911, Glock 22, Ruger Blackhawk or 629 Smith. If I miss a pin it's never the guns fault it's always me. I didn't do what I needed to do to knock the pin off of the table. A good mechanic might have a favorite screwdriver or wrench but still knows how to use all the tools in his tool box effectively.

Comparatively, someone can have a few different sized Glocks and they will all point, shoot, feel, and work identically to each other apart from sight radius, grip size and magazine capacity.
That's just making the case for not owning more than one gun. If your whole goal is to shoot a G19 as well as possible, also shooting a G20 is only going to screw with that because the grip and recoil are different.

That's just making the case for not owning more than one gun. If your whole goal is to shoot a G19 as well as possible, also shooting a G20 is only going to screw with that because the grip and recoil are different.
They are less different than different manufactures guns, and recoil management is still recoil management regardless of caliber.

I'll create an example to help you think about it.

John owns lots of guns. One day he shoots his Kimber 1911.

The next day he shoots his Walther (modern semi auto with the magazine release on yhe trigger guard.

The next day he shoots his HK vp 9.

The next day he shoots his sig 938.

The next day he shoots his Glock 17.

All those guns have different features, safeties, grips, etc.

Compare that to a person that shoots Glocks, period, or a person that shoots S and W, period. Or another manufacturer, period.

There will be a difference in developed and retained neurological pathways because very little changes picking up a Glock from another Glock.

They are less different than different manufactures guns, and recoil management is still recoil management regardless of caliber.

I'll create an example to help you think about it.

John owns lots of guns. One day he shoots his Kimber 1911.

The next day he shoots his Walther (modern semi auto with the magazine release on yhe trigger guard.

The next day he shoots his HK vp 9.

The next day he shoots his sig 938.

The next day he shoots his Glock 17.

All those guns have different features, safeties, grips, etc.

Compare that to a person that shoots Glocks, period, or a person that shoots S and W, period. Or another manufacturer, period.

There will be a difference in developed and retained neurological pathways because very little changes picking up a Glock from another Glock.
As someone who used to pilot a plane one day, a helicopter the next and drive motorcycles and cars, different things get different muscle memories. Two really simular things are more confusing.

I was a Glock fan boy back in 2010. I owned a Glock G23, Glock 30SF, and a Glock 20SF. I sold the G23 and G30SF but kept the G20SF. I sold the G23 because it was way too snappy and it raised the muzzle way too much for my liking. I sold the G30SF because it pinched my little pinkie finger meat when I shot it one day and gave me a flinch. I kept the G20SF because, well, it's a 10mm and I reload. Now that I own a H&K VP9T OR and a Walther PDP both with Holosun 507c X2 optics, I have no need reason to ever purchase another Glock with the same old "Glockish" technology. What say you?
WGAF??????

I never much liked Glocks much. Mostly because every time someone finds out you shoot pistols they ask "Gotta Glock?" Glocks are very popular with the non shooting crowd. Kind of like Harleys to people who dont ride, but yet they have all the swag.

I have now acquired a gen 3 G17. Although the trigger is garbage, I really like the way it handles/shoots. Also, if you can think of an accessory you want someone makes it for a Glock. It has grown on me and now is one of my favorites, after the trigger was replaced with a Johnny Glocks customs trigger.

I guess for every seat there is an ace? Sometimes our needs and desires change? I cant put something down, but can agree I just dont have a need for that currently.

Oh sweet, another Glock-bashing thread. Blocky, non-1911 grip angle having can't point it for sh1t plastic POS yeah?

Oh sweet, another Glock-bashing thread. Blocky, non-1911 grip angle having can't point it for sh1t plastic POS yeah?
Don't take it personally Kruel J, Glock bashing seems to be an internet sport.

As for me, G19 is still the most accurate of the polymer pistol crowd for me. Still able to snuff out a dinner candle flame from 10-15 paces without touching the candle…. I'm still a believer…

Personally never really cared about what anyone thought about their ridiculous opinions and shiff. I like mine and it shiffs lead real good and all my homeys in the hood agree

Don't take it personally Kruel J, Glock bashing seems to be an internet sport.

As for me, G19 is still the most accurate of the polymer pistol crowd for me. Still able to snuff out a dinner candle flame from 10-15 paces without touching the candle…. I'm still a believer…
I don't. Really. It was more a sarcastic comment about the 1000+ other threads about how Glock isn't any good.
Didn't read it, eh?
Every word. The title and OP set the tone for the whole thread. Notwithstanding the individual posts that don't agree.

I don't. Really. It was more a sarcastic comment about the 1000+ other threads about how Glock isn't any good.

Every word. The title and OP set the tone for the whole thread. Notwithstanding the individual posts that don't agree.
I don't know what you read. No one bashes them. Some people say they aren't their favorite, and most of those people currently still own one. Everyone seems to acknowledge their quality and utility. One person says the grip angle doesn't work for them.

The only thing that seems to get bashed in this thread is .40.

Like I said in my previous post, I have one Glock. Fortunately I don't dump guns that I'm not thrilled with, because it took me many years to really appreciate it. I like it now, as a very practical, reliable gun. I only need one though. It fills a role, and I'm not a member of the Glock-of-the-month club.

By the way, it's a model 22, full size .40 S&W. Yes, I have a .40, and I like it. :)

I've been a gun owner for about 57 years and have had many. I embraced the idea of plastic in pistols late. When I did, I looked at some "modern" pistols on the market, and decided to buy a Ruger P89. That gun I didn't like, modern as it might've been. Something can be modern and still be clunky. So it went away and I gave up that idea for a while. Some years went by and I decided once again to get something "modern." In the meantime, I'd been to a range with a friend and fired his Glock 17. After that, I decided to look at Glocks. I wanted something smaller than the G17, so I wound up buying the G19, the intermediate size. Which I still have, since 2008. I've liked it all along. It has never presented any problems with any kind of ammunition, has never suffered a defect. On those very rare occasions when I choose to carry concealed, this is my gun for that purpose. I can hit one of those 20# propane tanks at about 75-80 yards reliably, which I feel isn't too bad for a geezer with bad eyesight. It sits in my hand right, recoil is acceptable and controllable. It will function properly with any ammo I've tried, including many handloads with all kinds of bullets, jacketed, copper solids, frangible, cast and swaged lead. I've been quite happy with my G19. The only two modifications I've made are the "butt plug" and a finger extension on the bottom of the magazine.

I sold the G23 because it was way too snappy
Same conclusion that I came to. I liked the G19 so well that when I got the chance of a very good deal on a G23, I bought one of those. It was like a new gun, what can go wrong? It was a different shooting experience than the G19. So the G23 went away fairly quickly.

The only thing that seems to get bashed in this thread is .40.

By the way, it's a model 22, full size .40 S&W. Yes, I have a .40, and I like it.
As I said in post #79, above, the G23 in .40 didn't work for me. But on reflection, I think it was the size of the piece rather than the cartridge. I probably would've been okay with the full size G22.

At one time, I had a Springfield Armory 1911 Linkless in .40, that was no problem to shoot. The passage of time has revealed that gun to be somewhat rare.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top