JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I had some guy tell me since I have "no hunting" signs on my property, that I am not allowed to hunt it either, per Oregon law. Is this right? I can't find anything on it.

He told me it needs to say "hunting with permission only", but I don't want that, during general season I get multiple people a day asking anyway, as they drive by and see the deer standing 30' off the road in my field.

Same thing with "No Trespassing" signs. That's why it's important to put the signs on the fence, in case you change your mind and want to go onto your property, you can take the signs down. I had a nice piece of property once and made the mistake of putting the "NO Trespassing" signs on posts about 20 feet inside the fence line. I sure miss that property.

I'd feel the same for sure. Then again people like to talk like they know when they don't. It's your land in the end and unless some bubblegum is trying to report you I doubt it be an issue.
I don't even plan to hunt here, when the deer come through, they hang out with the chickens, eat the fruit and just lay around. It wouldn't be much of a hunt.

Last year, one guy was giving me a bad time for not letting him go shoot a little tiny fork, so I started making fun of him for even wanting to shoot that little thing, 20' from the road, while it's eating lol.

my take on this is even if you have no signs at all this is just a trespassing issue regardless of sign verbage or placement. If someone unauthorized is on your property they have to leave immediately when asked. And of course you can hunt all you want as the owner.

my take on this is even if you have no signs at all this is just a trespassing issue regardless of sign verbage or placement. If someone unauthorized is on your property they have to leave immediately when asked. And of course you can hunt all you want as the owner.
I put the signs up for two reasons -

1: To cut down on people knocking on my door.

2: Cause some jerk off will just pull off and shoot one and try to get out of there before anyone sees.

I don't even plan to hunt here, when the deer come through, they hang out with the chickens, eat the fruit and just lay around. It wouldn't be much of a hunt.

Last year, one guy was giving me a bad time for not letting him go shoot a little tiny fork, so I started making fun of him for even wanting to shoot that little thing, 20' from the road, while it's eating lol.
You're basically a Disney prince.

I like your style.

Same thing with "No Trespassing" signs. That's why it's important to put the signs on the fence, in case you change your mind and want to go onto your property, you can take the signs down. I had a nice piece of property once and made the mistake of putting the "NO Trespassing" signs on posts about 20 feet inside the fence line. I sure miss that property.
You should be able to go back out there after the signs are faded.

:)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top