JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't have the budget to experiment much Burt, but when I find someone who knows what mistakes to not make I'll share what I can. :)

Ditto, I want to plan on setting a litte cash aside for better than my hand held two ways or mulit bands, but really cannot afford to experiment, any commo genuises or experts on here that can tell how to put together or get a good system at a low price????????????

I wouldn't be surprised if it was blocked, however I have certainly experienced overloaded cell systems. Every Duck's game you can hardly call, txt, or get online. Everybody is trying to post pictures to FB, text and call their friends.

Exactly. Why is it so hard to see that packing thousands of people into an area that normally sees hundreds at best is going to overload a cell tower? They are not going to 'beef up' their services and spend millions to accommodate 2-3 large events a year. (This is 28 years experience in telecom talking here) The situation does show how dependent the Twittering Twits are emotionally to their toys though.

Honestly, I'm a little surprised that there isn't more talk about amateur radio and all it has going for it in regards to communication. Yes, many (most?) Hams are nerds, but the do shower regularly (mostly).

I encourage everyone to get a Ham license and a basic dual-band handheld with good antennas, but that's just my opinion.

I'll see about typing up a more thorough post when I have some time.

Greg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top