JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A kid came into the shop today after visiting Cabela's. He said that there was a pretty long line of people waiting to look at guns there. We sold two rifles, a shotgun and a handgun today.
Cabela's to buy a gun? Man, some people have a LOT of time to just stand there, is all can think.

1200 today. I also found out I can't add something to it once it's approved? I thought you could add a firearm to the background ground check?

Could also be people completing their tax returns and having some mad money. Dont forget that the State of Oregon this year has its biggest 'kicker' ever. Yes we can argue that they should have just lowered taxes to being with, but putting that aside, if you paid any money in taxes in 2022, you potentially could be getting a decent chunk of that back. I try to break even as much as possible, dont owe/dont get a return, as that should be the right way to do it. Well the kicker from 2022 gave me a big return. By big, i mean for me, it paid for a Staccato XC.
Thanks State of Oregon for my new Staccato XC! ;-) Bet thats what they didnt want Oregonians to be using that money for . . . ;-)
View attachment 1834679
Haha guilty here as well, entered the que on Friday morning for a PSA AK-V I purchased with my kicker refund. I was #1102 then, Tigard Pawn said it'll be a few days. I started my graveyard work week Saturday night, so this will be my "Friday night" treat to myself to pick up Wednesday.

I believe you can add something when it is approved.
I think you can add something before it's submitted (I've done a 2 gun purchase recently) but after that they run the numbers and the buyer so changing anything would make them(OSP) have to back up and do over, and you know they don't want to do that.

I think you can add something before it's submitted (I've done a 2 gun purchase recently) but after that they run the numbers and the buyer so changing anything would make them(OSP) have to back up and do over, and you know they don't want to do that.
I believe this is correct.

Plus lets them put the firearm in the non-registry registry...

My dealer did this for me a couple times, but not this time which is odd. Is this some sort of "secret menu" kinda thing you have ask for? Also, are three day releases not a thing anymore? 🤔
It was at the gunshow and the dealer was located several hours away from my home, so I made the deal contingent on having the BGC process completed same day.

My dealer did this for me a couple times, but not this time which is odd. Is this some sort of "secret menu" kinda thing you have ask for? Also, are three day releases not a thing anymore? 🤔
Guess it depends. My go-to FFL tends to have a policy of calling everyone in except those regulars that they know tend to get instant approvals.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top