JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was a little over 1500 this afternoon. I'd love to see a class action suit against the State over the delays. Maybe even an interference with commerce charge. There has to be some sort of enforceable rules to counteract these backlogs/delays. Almost any other service would require and receive the attention needed to handle "over capacity" situations. Anyway, I'm just venting the same frustrations most of us feel.

Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies

The correct number is always just one more
Turns out I was lying after all, but lasted nearly two months between purchases. Instant approval at least.

924FE351-EC5F-4317-A05C-4696B1744045.jpeg

Two weeks ago I got told I was at about the 1100th place in line but two days later I got a call saying my BGC cleared. Filled out another 4473 the next day, got told I was in the 800s, but haven't heard anything since. Can't help wondering if the weather Salem's been having has screwed with any of OSPs computers or if the system decided not to like me this time around. :(

Two weeks ago I got told I was at about the 1100th place in line but two days later I got a call saying my BGC cleared. Filled out another 4473 the next day, got told I was in the 800s, but haven't heard anything since. Can't help wondering if the weather Salem's been having has screwed with any of OSPs computers or if the system decided not to like me this time around. :(
Just sold a pistol and the buyer was #10 in line at around noon today. FFL said it was 50 in the morning and was moving very fast.

Bought a shotgun from a store on gunbroker.com. Placing order and paying via credit card took about two minutes. It was shipped to my FFL, Tick Licker Firearms--Corvallis. Went in about 3 today to pick up the gun. Background check took about ten minutes to clear. Transfer fee is $45.

Last Edited:
Anyone know what the current backlog\wait time is for BGC's?
Not too bad right now. Kinda surprising with potential appeals ruling on 114 looming. Either people arent buying, or the state is trying to keep the queue down so they dont look bad right before a decision drops. I had another instant approval today, and the person next to me went into the line, probably get approval tomorrow.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews