Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

NFD 4610 off HWY 224 by Three Lynx towards Twin Springs Campground

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by juandelaselva, Sep 12, 2011.

1. juandelaselva

juandelaselva Boring Sandy Gresham Member

I'll start out by clarifying that I am not looking for a place to shoot near here, rather, I am wanting to know the condition of NFD 4610, and how for up that road is navigable.

How far is road NFD 4610 drivable in a 'road car', versus a 4x4?
    Anyone been up that road say, as far as Plaza Lake?
    How far would/could you drive on that road in, say for example, a honda accord?

Thanks.

- John

Three Lynx is here:
    45 degs 7.625 mins N
    122 degs 4.251 W

Plaza Lake is here:
    45 degs 13.628 mins N
    121 degs 59.534 mins W

2. the4thshake

the4thshake Portland Active Member

There was a landslide that wiped out the road just past Plaza lake around the bend. You aren't getting past it unless you have an extremely capable off road rig and alot of guts.... A bypass was built by someone but it is still an extreme obstacle. There are quite a few rough spots before there that would be best to have a 4wd with a low range and plenty of ground clearance. I know the road has recently been graded and graveled down by Squaw Mt.

3. juandelaselva

juandelaselva Boring Sandy Gresham Member

Thanks 4Shakes. When you say 'just past' Plaza Lake, do you mean to the east or west of Plaza Lake?
    So, if I am driving from Three Lynx, I can make it ... just about all the way to Plaza Lake?
    See here for map:
    Portland: Squaw Mountain Map

...and thanks again, your information has already helped a lot.

- John

4. the4thshake

the4thshake Portland Active Member

The road is impassable to the east of Plaza lake. There is a rocky slide covering the road a ways before that. It is passable with a high ground clearance vehicle but could be a little scary. It is a bit off camber and its on the edge of a cliff. There are ruts, cracks, rocks, bumps, dips, debris, limbs and potholes all up and down that road.